Send Topic Print
Stay running problems (Read 215 times)
Jokerworld
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Stay running problems
Reply #15 - 11/08/18 at 19:38:55

I did clean all the passages, it does have new jets and new o ring on the outside of the float. (I am new to the bike area) I did replace everything I could except the choke knob.and the float which is in great condition.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #16 - 11/08/18 at 21:32:30

I think if you don't have a Clymer book ,you need to buy one. You could answer a few more of the questions I asked in more detail. You replaced the jets, were they from a rebuild kit? if so the size is stamped on the base,and they could be the wrong size as jets from kits bought on line generally are, stock size should be 52.5 pilot 147 main ,you should check. the float was good ,did you remove it? If not you couldn't inspect the float valve /seat/filter / or the O-ring on the outside of the valve seat up inside the carb body.
        You could go into more detail! At this point you leave me guessing as to what your saying, an what you've really done. try using 450 words rather than 45 ,and I, or others may have a better chance to help you.
       Example:-           There is no O-ring on the outside of the float, there is a gasket around the outside of the carb bowl ,that is around the float(see what I mean?)  Undecided

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #17 - 11/09/18 at 07:39:58

You'll also want to confirm that the slide is opening when you open the throttle.  You may have a bad diaphragm or it wasn't seated properly when you cleaned the carb.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #18 - 11/09/18 at 10:42:07

And you could list your location ,maybe someone here lives close enough  to lend a hand.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Jokerworld
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 11/14/18 at 00:05:48

I'm in ridgecrest ca,

Sorry for the late reply been at work.

But starting at the bottom of the carb. I took everything apart., the float is good. I took the valve and screen off they are brand new and same with the float needle. The main jet is good.  

Now to the top
The shooting is good,  the peniston valve is good,  the jets on top are good and brand new,  they are exact fit.  

Ther fun part is the needle and the spring, (mind you I'm snood at motocycles) I pulled a dumb mistake and I put the needle is first then the spring then the plate.  After doing some research I noticed something and that was that the spring goes first then the needle.

While i had the carb apart i decided to clean it again with B12 cleaner,  after putting everything back together i am now able to start the bike and give it throttle.  

I have yet to actually drive the bike that will come soon lol.

Thanks for your patience and I'm sure I got laughed at it's ok.
Abd thank you for your help.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 11/14/18 at 00:22:43

A peniston  valve is a snood item for me.
As long as the shooting is good, you're going in the right direction.
Constipationals on figuring out your goof.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 19:09:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stay running problems

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.