Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I have said the same....... (Read 62 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
I have said the same.......
10/14/18 at 08:52:54

Prior to the election of Trump, and I still believe this today, the BIGGEST factor in the elections outcome was Political Correctness.

When you tie policies, and the practice of PC to implement, or to silence any debating, and opposition, you in effect, have stepped upon one of the most precious rights we have as individuals.....
Not to even mention how many people have had their lives destroyed, their very livelihood, character bashed, based upon, at best, poorly chosen words....  
They approach and use this "tool" as a moral authority, much like those in organized religions, use their SELF APPOINTED authority, to try and ENFORCE their own beliefs on morality as a absolute.
Both are wrong, and for the very same reasons.

Maybe this is why they often fight each other, as they both vie for the same spoils of war....

The Danger of Trump’s Political Accomplishments
By Andrew Sullivan

Political Correctness and the Status Games of Elites

I’ve finally found my own tribe! I’m in the “Exhausted Majority.” That’s a formulation devised by a very large study published this week, called “Hidden Tribes: A Study of America’s Polarized Landscape.” That majority lies between the quarter of Americans who see themselves as “traditional conservatives” and “devoted conservatives,” and the 8 percent who identify as “progressive activists.” And this exhausted cohort, it turns out, hates political correctness. A full 80 percent, no less, see it as a problem in America, and this finding shows no salient age or racial differences. Even the young are fed up, including 74 percent ages 24 to 29, and 79 percent under age 24.

What they mean by PC seems, in this study, to be the fear of being “called out” for saying the wrong thing, usually around race and gender. Yascha Mounk writes up the study here and notes one 57-year-old’s worries: “The way you have to term everything just right. And if you don’t term it right you discriminate them [sic]. It’s like everybody is going to be in the know of what people call themselves now and some of us just don’t know. But if you don’t know then there is something seriously wrong with you.” That seems about right to me. The policing of speech under threat of social ostracism is never fun. It constrains speech, it sees evil where there often isn’t any, it conflates mistakes with malice, and it exacerbates racial tension, rather than alleviating it.

So who on earth favors it? It’s not loved by racial minorities. Hispanics oppose PC by 87 percent; African-Americans by 75 percent. But it does correlate with class and education and whiteness: “Progressive activists are much more likely to be rich, highly educated — and white. They are nearly twice as likely as the average to make more than $100,000 a year. They are nearly three times as likely to have a postgraduate degree. And while 12 percent of the overall sample in the study is African American, only 3 percent of progressive activists are. With the exception of the small tribe of devoted conservatives, progressive activists are the most racially homogeneous group in the country.”

I call your attention to the last line I high lighted/underlined.....
Who do you think make up this elite group?
I liken them to the plantation owners, who interest lies solely in holding on to their own power, and wealth.

Here, you read it:

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/andrew-sullivan-the-danger-of-trumps-a...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: I have said the same.......
Reply #1 - 10/15/18 at 11:12:13

The silence is very revealing.....and shows this PC doctrine is still in play for the midterms.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/15/18 at 11:36:44

No ray, it's that no one really cares about your post.

But I'll be your huckleberry and ask you this - do you want to go back to calling African Americans "ni@@ers"?  How about Hispanics "sp!cks" or w3tbacks"?  Aren't you a Native American?  You want to be called "!njun" and passed off as drunk? (Hmm, I wonder if you put Native American on your application to Boeing?)

How about trump just calls out Soros for what he thinks he is - "a money loving, stinkin J#w Boy".

Political correctness is not to blame for anyone's downfall.  The lack of using it, in conjunction with sound reasoning might be.

I don't know about you, but there's no way I'm voting for a white guy that call African Americans "ni@@ers" or an African American that calls a white person "Cra@ker".

Would you?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 10/15/18 at 12:12:49

It is very clear that,  a/the,  UL Progressive/s,
can NOT see the difference between,
‘civility’,  and ‘PC’.

Calling someone a Derogatory name,
is light years away from ‘PC’ correct.
Like:
Lie = ‘Adjusted the truth’
Thief = ‘re-appropriated ownership’
Murderer = ‘prematurely ended living’

(and many more)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/15/18 at 12:14:53

so being polite is a problem?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/15/18 at 12:18:50

MnSpring wrote on 10/15/18 at 12:12:49:
‘civility’,  and ‘PC’.

Like:

(and many more)

huh, learn something everyday, cause that's the first I ever heard of any of that redefinition nonsense.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/15/18 at 12:19:20

MnSpring wrote on 10/15/18 at 12:12:49:
‘civility’,  and ‘PC’.

Like:

(and many more)

Really mn?

So, this wasn't in the little blurb that ray posted:
What they mean by PC seems, in this study, to be the fear of being “called out” for saying the wrong thing, usually around race and gender.

So, are you specifically trying to lie about this?

Why would you do such a thing?  Are you secretly in love with ray?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 10/15/18 at 12:41:21

T And T Garage wrote on 10/15/18 at 12:19:20:

Truly unfortunate that you are unable, and cannot understand a belief or a conviction.

And when you can’t understand a concept, you simply resort to, ‘derogatory’, remarks.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/15/18 at 13:20:26

MnSpring wrote on 10/15/18 at 12:41:21:
T And T Garage wrote on 10/15/18 at 12:19:20:

Truly unfortunate that you are unable, and cannot understand a belief or a conviction.

Hey, I'm just reading from the article that ray posted.  No need to get all huffy - it's your mistake, not mine.  (btw, it was about PC, not "beliefs")

And when you can’t understand a concept, you simply resort to, ‘derogatory’, remarks.

Not at all.  I was wondering if you love ray.  How is that derogatory? (hey, good for you for using a big word like "derogatory"!)

I had no idea you were so sensitive.  be careful, of some people on here might think you're a snowflake...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 10/15/18 at 15:37:31

Answer the stories charges, plain and simple.....
Disagree with what the author writes, then prove it, or just keep lying.
Better yet, go on Ebay and buy some of Warrens panties and sniff them until you pass out chief  Grin

Bless your heart, it must be real hard on you.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 10/15/18 at 15:44:08

raydawg wrote on 10/15/18 at 15:37:31:
Answer the stories charges, plain and simple.....
Disagree with what the author writes, then prove it, or just keep lying.

There's nothing to "prove" either way ray.  PC is what the individual makes it.

So I ask again, do you think we should go back to calling people those names I listed in my original reply to this post?

Better yet, go on Ebay and buy some of Warrens panties and sniff them until you pass out chief  Grin

So, you post something like that - so gross and sexual in nature, and you expect anyone to really take you serious?

Wow - how pathetic ray.

It's good to see how well you represent the conservatives on here too - just like mn.  I'm sure they're happy you're in their fold...

Bless your heart, it must be real hard on you.

What's hard on me?  I'm living a good life - and thanks, I am blessed.

But I wonder how you can go from talking about a woman's panties to that?  

It's not even childish behavior, it's borderline manic.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 10/15/18 at 16:24:22

Oh lucky me......
I have finally arrived.
I've been called a maniac by a lunatic  Grin

I mean.......

I BELIEVE, because I BELIEVE.......
No, as in NONE, NADA, ZIP, corroborating "FACTS" that can be utilized, scrutinized, examined.....
But hells bells brothers and sisters, can I get a HALLELUJAH, I BELIEVE HER,.....

Cuz....

I just do.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Huh

You speed WAY TOO much time on this board, you will never leave....
You are like a INTERNET herpes.  

Fool, enjoy your pitiful existence on your keyboard.   Kiss

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 10/15/18 at 18:07:02

raydawg wrote on 10/15/18 at 16:24:22:
Oh lucky me......
I have finally arrived.
I've been called a maniac by a lunatic  Grin

I mean.......

I BELIEVE, because I BELIEVE.......
No, as in NONE, NADA, ZIP, corroborating "FACTS" that can be utilized, scrutinized, examined.....
But hells bells brothers and sisters, can I get a HALLELUJAH, I BELIEVE HER,.....

Cuz....

I just do.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Huh

You speed WAY TOO much time on this board, you will never leave....
You are like a INTERNET herpes.  

Fool, enjoy your pitiful existence on your keyboard.   Kiss

My pitiful existence is nothing compared to your 9 thousand + posts...

But seriously ray?  "Fool" is all you got?

Pathetic.  Why not some more sexually tinged jokes?  What's the matter, did the middle schools boys kick you out of their clique?

Move on ray, you are way out matched.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 03:40:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I have said the same.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.