Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Suzuki boulevard s40 led indicators (Read 64 times)
DC9789
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Suzuki boulevard s40 led indicators
10/09/18 at 13:59:35

hey guy I’ve got a Suzuki s40 and I’ve researched upgrading the indicators to led what’s confusing the crap out of me is some say upgrade the relay whereas others suggest using relays also there’s a spare wire for the running lights so was also interested in if I can piggy back of that to a seperate light to use as a running light any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

IP Logged
DC9789
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Suzuki boulevard s40 led indicators
Reply #1 - 10/09/18 at 14:00:18

I an idiot ...
I ment relays versus resistors

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Suzuki boulevard s40 led indicators
Reply #2 - 10/09/18 at 14:12:33

You can go back and "modify" your original post to make it accurate (You can go back to the first post and use the "modify" button on the right side....you are the only one that can see that button in your post.  (Moderators also have that button).

I am currently not sure what you are asking.

If you install LED bulbs or complete LED turn signal assemblies, the flasher unit won't have sufficient load to blink properly (it will hyper flash).  You can replace the flasher unit with a solid state one....or you can install resistors.  I prefer to use a solid state flasher, why waste valuable power in a resistor?

If you are wanting to add running lights - in the US the rear are required to be red......the front can be white or yellow.  The wires that power the front running lights can be used for other lights - but you need to be careful about how much power you pull from that location....the stock running lights are 8 watts each.

And you need to be very careful about what LED "upgrade" you are buying.  The stock turn signals are DOT approved and are very bright and can be seen night or day.  Most of the cheap LED replacements are far dimmer than the OEM turn signals, and some are nearly invisible if the sun is shining on them.  If the LED turn signal uses 8 - 12 of the tiny pea sized LED's.....they are not going to be bright enough to keep you safe.

Don't waste your money (or risk your life) with stuff like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-UNIVERSAL-MOTORCYCLE-BIKE-BLACK-LED-TURN-SIGNAL-B...

You are far better off adapting some OEM LED turn signals that have been removed from a modern motorcycle.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 14:36:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Suzuki boulevard s40 led indicators

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.