I saved a rider....... (Read 39 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
I saved a rider.......
09/24/18 at 18:33:49

I was heading to my part time job this morning up island, on the main drag, its a 55 mph two lane road.
It was not yet light out, headlights were on.

They gave me a company truck, one of those new Ford Transit vans, I can load lots of stuff inside to take out to the job sites, etc.
Has a nice big front windshield, great visibility.

I saw a bike coming at me, going south, I was traveling north.....
Right about then I saw two headlights in my left hand/driver side rear view mirror....
A car had decided to pass me, I was going just a tad over the speed limit.
I knew right then this biker was dead.
Before the car even reached my driver side door, I had started to hard brake and veer to the right hand shoulder.
Sure enough, they got just barely in front of me when they saw the oncoming biker and swerved into the spot I would have been if I hadn't taken evasive actions already.

The biker was looking right at me, as he passed, still to tight to take a hand off his bars and wave, all he could muster was his turn indicator light, left hand one, he blinked it I believe at me as a thanks....

I owe this awareness to the days of my riding, I still look out for fellow riders, you just can't relax for a moment.....
And boy howdy, I sure like my morning coffee, but if I had been sipping that instead, I would not have been able to do what I did.
I'll sip, but the road has to be clear of vehicles.....
The deer, well, its like russian roulette, you just never know @ 60 mph when one will dart out the few feet away from the trees alongside the highway.....  

Be safe guys  Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: I saved a rider.......
Reply #1 - 09/24/18 at 19:28:30

A car had decided to pass me, I was going just a tad over the speed limit.

Ray , that "J.A." should not have been passing you when your already running over the speed limit .   There are idiots everywhere .    They could have at least waited till the road was clear and then gave a "Frindly Wave" !    Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Re: I saved a rider.......
Reply #2 - 09/27/18 at 16:16:19

Well done, Dawg !!

Wink

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 12:25:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › I saved a rider.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.