Send Topic Print
Re: Kavanau (Read 1604 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Kavanau
09/20/18 at 23:22:52

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/former-scalia-law-clerk-drops-pictur...

Title is overly ambitious, but the information worth checking out.
The last paragraph is important, the rest is for those who have a desire for justice.
This is Bullshit, and could have been resolved much earlier.
Funny how she only got upset about something she doesn't remember where it happened. Must have left deep scars.
I'll bet Juanita Broderick can walk to the room Bill Clinton raped her in.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1 - 09/21/18 at 05:05:10

I think its more than likely some event like this took place in that woman's life. Given there's been absolutely zero evidence that Kavanaugh was involved and nothing else in his history even suggests this, he wasn't involved.

The most likely thing is this girl was drunk at 15 during a party, a couple boys assaulted her, she might have foolishly flirted and lit their fuse so to speak. Later in life, her marriage was in trouble and this story came out during a session. Still later, she turned liberal activist and at some point, she made the big leap that Kavanaugh was the one who did this to her.

She believes her delusional. Lie detector test don't reveal the truth, they reveal the person believes what they are saying is true.

Dianne Feinstein should be drummed from the Senate. She took a disturbed woman's story, held it as a last minute bomb and then dropped it not caring that her life would be forever changed. The committee has a procedure for dealing with this and it could have been accomplished in quiet. If evidence was gathered and presented to Kavanaugh, if guilty, he could have withdrawn his nomination. There isn't the possibility of prosecution due to the length of time. If he refused, deal with it publicly.

Politics is far uglier than we admit. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. We have no way out of this. Battle lines are laid out, teams are gathered on either side and casualties mount. This woman Ford was a soldier sacrificed on the front line. Kavanaugh is wounded for life, he'll never fully heal. Time magazine already included a line in an article about an attempted rapist on the court.

The generals sitting in the high chairs down care. Anything to protect their power.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 09/21/18 at 07:55:57

Well what I am seeing is grave damage the libs are doing to themselves.
Those middle of the road for, the 20 plus percent that voted for Obama in his first term, and then voted for Trump, which really put both men in office, NOT their base......
Are seeing this for what it is.
This is a Gestapo technique, and it will have a much greater effect than the ploy and deceit, Harry Reid did to his own party.
Not to mention the line of journalism to propaganda promotion, is becoming ever more distinct, with nary a chance to retreat back to intellectually honest journalism.

Either way, folks will move on, but many players will have delivered themselves irreverent.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 09/21/18 at 08:18:51

Trump has publicly vouched for Kavanau's character...  Huh

He must be a saint... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 09/21/18 at 08:25:25

Digest this:

It’s natural to place this sort of accusation within a criminal-justice framework: the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt; the presumption of innocence; the right to confront and respond to an accuser. If Judge Kavanaugh stood criminally accused of attempted rape, all of that would apply with full force. But those concepts are a poor fit for Supreme Court confirmation hearings, where there’s no presumption of confirmation, and there’s certainly no burden that facts be established beyond a reasonable doubt.

It is a giant step backwards to our system of fairness and pursuit to happiness.
We have a rich historical diary of of how lowering the bar of PRESUMED innocents on any charge, for whatever reason, will allow prejudice to prevail as a major mitigating factor.

You say naught, I say, ask any Black man.

Or, reflect back to the Salem Witch Trials when justice was relaxed.

BTW, the highlighted part came from a article in the, yep, you guessed it, the NYT.

Read the last line, again.
It is saying we/they, have no obligation of finding the factual truth.
You want to go down this road, again?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/21/18 at 09:37:53

raydawg wrote on 09/21/18 at 07:55:57:
Those middle of the road for, the 20 plus percent that voted for Obama in his first term, and then voted for Trump, which really put both men in office, NOT their base......
This is a Gestapo technique, and it will have a much greater effect than the ploy and deceit, Harry Reid did to his own party.
Not to mention the line of journalism to propaganda promotion, is becoming ever more distinct, with nary a chance to retreat back to intellectually honest journalism.

Either way, folks will move on, but many players will have delivered themselves irreverent.    

But you were cool with how Merrick Garland got handled?

Please....

The morons on both sides are doing this to themselves.  Turtle boy mcconnell was simply afraid that Garland would get confirmed, so they never even had a hearing.

With brett, the dems are pushing for a delay until November.  Chances are they won't get it, but at least they're showing some backbone for once.

I'm 85% sure that brett will be confirmed and on the bench - but the dems won't make it easy, thankfully.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/21/18 at 09:39:00

Serowbot wrote on 09/21/18 at 08:18:51:
Trump has publicly vouched for Kavanau's character...  Huh

He must be a saint... Huh

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Thanks for that Friday laugh Sero!

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/21/18 at 09:51:40

Actually, Sero brings up a good point.

Character.

Does character count?  Let's say ol' brett's been spot on with everything else.  But let's also say that he had a significant character flaw.  Would that matter?  

For those of you on the conservative side, let's say this were a left leaning appointment.  Let's say that brett (remember, he's a liberal now) was in college and did pot and cocaine.  He doesn't do it anymore, but his friends said he did.  Let's also say that his lifestyle led him into a crowd that was far-left extreme.  Maybe he was seen at an American Flag burning demonstration.  But that was all in his past.  As soon as he was out of college, he was an upstanding clerk, lawyer, etc.

How would you conservatives feel about that brett?

Character means something in this regard.  This isn't just any bench we're talking about.  This bench helps to form law.  This bench enforces and challenges the Constitution.

This is serious sh!t.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 09/21/18 at 10:19:51

No. You're doing this to avoid the awfulness of what's going on.

Here, you want a situation to compare to?

Let's say I know who you are in the real world. Let's say I happen to call on your company and am speaking with your CEO.

Let's say I tell him a story about you in the past, how I'm sure you stole a small amount of money. I did this because I consider your politics to be awful. This incident supposedly happened years ago. The CEO knows and trust me so you are denied a promotion.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 09/21/18 at 10:49:59

You say you're unhappy the way Garland got handled, yet you're happy with what the dem's are doing to Kavy.

Don't you think G would've gotten the same treatment from the bub's?  You really want that?

The dem's have made every effort to blindside Kavy with a BS accusation.
I'd hate to have to justify my actions 35 years ago, I may have to say I didn't inhale or I didn't have a sexual relationship in presidential terms.

But we have only heard rumor about this, a heavily redacted letter.  If the assumptions of the article can be further validated and the whereabouts of Kavy be fleshed out, then maybe she'll just say never mind and they can get on with it.

And if this was a character flaw, why hasn't it ever showed since?

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 09/21/18 at 11:08:30

T And T Garage wrote on 09/21/18 at 09:37:53:

Please....

The morons on both sides are doing this to themselves.  Turtle boy mcconnell was simply afraid that Garland would get confirmed, so they never even had a hearing.

With brett, the dems are pushing for a delay until November.  Chances are they won't get it, but at least they're showing some backbone for once.

I'm 85% sure that brett will be confirmed and on the bench - but the dems won't make it easy, thankfully.

He wasn't destroyed.
I posted a complete explanation of the legality and propriety of his treatment a week ago.
You remain butthurt over NOTHING.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 09/21/18 at 11:58:40

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/21/18 at 11:08:30:
T And T Garage wrote on 09/21/18 at 09:37:53:

Please....

He wasn't destroyed.

Correction - he wasn't even given a hearing.

I posted a complete explanation of the legality and propriety of his treatment a week ago.
You remain butthurt over NOTHING.

You seem to be the one that's butthurt.  I think it's fair, you don't.

You're the one pouting, not me.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 09/21/18 at 12:08:32

Not even a comparison. You are right, the Repubs used the system to deny Merrick a hearing, that I understand and I understand the Dems attempting the same thing. The Repubs never claimed that Merrick was anything but a good man However, the attempt to destroy a man, his family and his future with lies that probably never happened 35 years ago is a disgusting act of cowardice.

The Dems should be ashamed and so should you.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 09/21/18 at 12:39:49

MShipley wrote on 09/21/18 at 12:08:32:

Not even a comparison. You are right, the Repubs used the system to deny Merrick a hearing, that I understand and I understand the Dems attempting the same thing. (LOL, kinda tough when you don't control Congress...)  The Repubs never claimed that Merrick was anything but a good man However, the attempt to destroy a man, his family and his future with lies that probably never happened 35 years ago is a disgusting act of cowardice.

The repubs never had a chance to dig into Garland - THAT'S the point.

Like I said in a previous post - character matters.

You don't think that the repubs would have grilled Garland for all he was worth??  Please... Of course they would.

Instead of that, the repubs just simply did nothing and never even let him get in front of a panel.

The Dems should be ashamed and so should you.

I'm not ashamed at all.  In fact, I'm glad that they're standing up to this BS!  That turtle mcconnell did what he did to Garland and the dems just fell back and did nothing.  Now, they're fighting - as they should.  It's about time they show some backbone.

Hey, that turtle mitch even said that the midterms are going to be like a knife fight.

Bring it on!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 09/21/18 at 13:45:40

Bork.......

Bork.......

BORK.......

Oh.....

"You don't like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election," The president said. "But don't break it.”

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 16:07:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Re: Kavanau

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.