Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wire Harness???!!! (Read 59 times)
Clyde
YaBB Newbies

Manakin Sabot, VA
Wire Harness???!!!
09/14/18 at 13:29:28

So my 87 Savage was supposed to be a cheap little bike to ride around town on but after tearing into it to correct a few things I actually feel bad for the bike.  Since she is such bad shape I have decided to do a restoration.  Other than all the rust and corrosion in places you can't see someone went to town on the wire harness.  Multiple wires have been cut, some have been spliced back together, the turn signal wires are MIA.  It's not pretty.  I'm leaning toward a finding a used wire harness.  Does anyone know if a harness from the early 90s will work on an 87?  I found a few on eBay.  Of course if someone here has one they are willing to part with hit me up.  

-Clyde

2017 Harley Davidson Street 750
1980 Yamaha XS650 Special (Soon to be a cafe racer)
1987 Suzuki Savage
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Wire Harness???!!!
Reply #1 - 09/14/18 at 21:20:42

I'm not sure an early 90's wouldn't work ,but you may find differences in the connectors and the number of wires running through them ( different bikes had both 5 or 6 wires going to the ignition module, as well as changes like the passing light button and 4 way flashers ).
    Your best bet may be just to restore your present harness ,by using an 87 wiring diagram, and hard wiring where you need to, as loose/ dirty  connectors are, for the most part,  a main source of electrical problems. turn signals ,for example, aren't generally moved except for replacement.

« Last Edit: 09/15/18 at 19:38:10 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Wire Harness???!!!
Reply #2 - 09/14/18 at 23:16:03

The TDI connector is different and the controls are different.
Everything else is the same except after 2004.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/23/24 at 09:37:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Wire Harness???!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.