Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The Right Side Of History (Read 224 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: The Right Side Of History
Reply #15 - 09/06/18 at 15:51:13

I'm pretty sure Nike did a lot of research and demographic analyzation before making this decision.

I for one do not think the majority of Nike sales are white middle-upper class families, I imagine minority groups collectively purchase more Nike product.  "Product" not just shoes.  I have no proof of this or research.  This is strictly an opinion based off of personally viewed situations.

Other factors were most certainly taken into consideration, such as the outrageously large social media metrics culled from the major platforms, all at Nike's administrative and marketing fingertips.  A multi-billion corporation such as this doesn't just sign on a controversial public figure that is tied to a multi-year contract without a little research going into it.

I can provide no supplemental information on this topic that supports my opinion by means of verifiable data, research or other.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 09/06/18 at 22:40:56

I for one do not think the majority of Nike sales are white middle-upper class families, I imagine minority groups collectively purchase more Nike product.  "Product" not just shoes.  I have no proof of this or research.  This is strictly an opinion based off of personally viewed situations.

I agree. But they are going to lose a bunch of rightys.  Just because their best demographic is happy doesn't insulate them from losses. Piss OFF half of the potential customer base..
Genius maneuver.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 09/07/18 at 07:00:32

I agree that they will lose some customers however it is a well studied phenomenon that boycotts rarely last long and in most cases less than 10% of the US citizens that claim they will boycott actually put it into practice.  There is a ton of study on this.

Can anyone think of a company that has failed recently due to boycott, or due to the choice they made for a temporary advertising campaign?

It is estimated by APEX, an accredited and historically accurate advertising research firm estimates that negative publicity that exceed 48 million will typically outlast any loss in consumer level purchases.  The same firm estimates, among others, that Nike has received about 165 million in free, although controversial advertising.  

They may lose some initial income but I don't foresee this ad campaign crippling their holdings or capital.

I have no research, references, or other information available at this time, this is strictly opinion based off of personal observations and communication with associates in the field.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 09/07/18 at 09:22:08

I don't see anything there I would disagree with. Dikks sporting goods took a hit, but they will recover.
I suspect some of the most angry lesbians eat at chick filet again.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #19 - 09/07/18 at 09:43:14

Levi's takes a stand...

Levi's Just Took a Major Stand Against Gun Violence in America
https://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/a22994741/levis-gun-control-campaign/
"Americans shouldn’t have to live in fear of gun violence. It’s an issue that affects all of us—all generations and all walks of life.""

"We can’t insulate ourselves from every threat. We can’t “harden” every place we gather—whether it be our schools, workplaces, shops, churches, or entertainment venues. But we can take common-sense, measurable steps—like criminal background checks on all gun sales—that will save lives."

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #20 - 09/07/18 at 09:47:22

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/06/18 at 14:59:44:
Even bakers?

tt  Wrote: All.  Not to say there aren't consequences to one's actions.
But freedom is not free.

Again  typical  Spin.
From a, ’Spin’, Master !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #21 - 09/07/18 at 09:52:46

Nike, announced it’s, ‘In bed with Kaepernick deal’,
Just, AFTER, they signed the contract with the NFL
Nike wants the best of both worlds.
(For the Panty in a bunch, a rather standard decision foe any business, get what you think you can get)
The few burning, just laughable, because they already spent the money.
It won’t affect the bottom line, that they won’t buy again.

The target is: People, that say, ‘Mommie  Mommie I Want’, and mommie buys.
(They don’t have a clue, who knelt and who did not, and why, they just see older kids in school, and they want to be sheep-el)
People that have a bunch of tattoos, designer cloths, Diamond earrings, and stand in line for food stamps.
People that beat-up, kill, other people, to get their shoes.
People, that start to melt, if they don’t get absolutely everything they want, ‘given’, to them.
People that belong to a, group, which ’someone’ said, ‘everyone in this group buys red nikes’.
‘ ‘ ‘ and another said blue, and another said white, and another said green with strips, etc, etc, etc,
Those are the people, that BUY, Nike, then throw them away, because they are not perfectly clean anymore, and buy another pair.
That, is a big chunk of money.  Just like the big chunk, from the Signing the NFL Contract.

Also, I am sure that the, ‘FREE”, advertising was a big part of the decision.
I thought the amount would be 50-60 Million.
It has been said: “…The same firm estimates, among others, that Nike has received about 165 million in free,…”
Don’t care whatever the product is, or whatever association the product maker has.
165 MILLION  in FREE  advertising nice little chunk.

“… Can anyone think of a company that has failed recently due to boycott, or due to the choice they made for a temporary advertising campaign?…”

Don’t have any data on any fortune 500 companies.
Do have, ‘realistic observed’, data on a small town Liquor store.
Sm Town, was a store, the owner did good, he got sick, a new person bought it.
That person, was doing good for a couple of years.
Then Just before the election, I was in their as was another customer.
I talked to the other customer, and remarked, I had heard NO ONE, offering any support for HRC.
The other customer offered the same observation.
Suddenly, the new owner spoke up, (first time I ever heard him talk political)
He said:  “well I  support HRC, given her money, and will vote for her”
As the two of up had already paid, we just walked out.
That was Late Sept 16. I know I, spoke to others about the insentient.  (Sure the other person did also) By end of Oct, just driving by Ray Charles, could see business was greatly down.  By the end of Nov, he was closed.
(Christmas & 4th July, are to of the biggest times in that industry)

So a, un-announce, no ’social’ media, no FB/Twitter/Etc comments made.
A ’Snowflake’ business, just could not stay in business.

Interesting, did anyone keep track of the coffee shop, that publicly said, ’no cops’.
Wonder if their business is up or down after making that announcement.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 09/07/18 at 10:31:16

Serowbot wrote on 09/07/18 at 09:43:14:
Levi's takes a stand...

Levi's Just Took a Major Stand Against Gun Violence in America
https://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/a22994741/levis-gun-control-campaign/
"Americans shouldn’t have to live in fear of gun violence. It’s an issue that affects all of us—all generations and all walks of life.""

"We can’t insulate ourselves from every threat. We can’t “harden” every place we gather—whether it be our schools, workplaces, shops, churches, or entertainment venues. But we can take common-sense, measurable steps—like criminal background checks on all gun sales—that will save lives."

Yea, Levi's will stop gang bangers from shooting each other here in St Louis. Who knew all we had to do was ask a bluejean company to say something.....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #23 - 09/07/18 at 10:42:03

Serowbot wrote on 09/07/18 at 09:43:14:
Levi's takes a stand..."

Don't have the financial records of Levi.
Yet 'Observed Reality' shows they were loosing sales,  LONG,  before they took the, 'Anti Gun  Stand'.

One can purchase blue Denim pants, that are Better, and cost 1/4 - 1/3 of the Levi brand, from 20 + companies.

The, Anti-Gun stand, I believe will work out as well as,  'Dic ks'  Anti-Gun Stand.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 09/07/18 at 10:56:26

MnSpring wrote on 09/07/18 at 09:47:22:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/06/18 at 14:59:44:
Even bakers?

tt  Wrote: All.  Not to say there aren't consequences to one's actions.
But freedom is not free.

Again  typical  Spin.
From a, ’Spin’, Master !

Tell me - how is that "spin"?

Do you know what "spin" is?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #25 - 09/07/18 at 11:51:44

T And T Garage wrote on 09/07/18 at 10:56:26:

Well seeing as how, you lack understand of a concept, and the word context.
I’ll,  ‘splan’ it do ya.

In your past posts, you frequently stated your position that the, ‘baker’, should be forced to make a custom cake, for 2 gay people.
Regardless of the fact that the religion he believed in,  said he should not.

With the fact that you have also said several times, you don’t believe in, believing in anything, (Religious/Deity), you believe the baker should, ALSO, not believe, as you say you do not believe. Therefore they, (in your belief) must make a cake, because any believe they have is Invalid.  Simply because, you, say you do not believe in any belief.
(Which you have proved wrong by your posts, or your talking out of two sides of your mouth)

Now let’s re-cap.  Understanding the Context, (Theirs that word again, which you have a very hard time with)
JOG said:”… Nobody should ever be forced to perform an action against their conscience. Like Baking a cake to celebrate an abomination in the eyes of the Lord…”
Then you said: “…Abomination?  LOL To you maybe, not to everyone….”
Which in Context, (Remember that word you don’t understand?), says, ‘Jog’s statement is invalid, because, you, think it is invalid’.

Next, JOG says: "Your grasp of the religious beliefs of others
HAS NO BEARING ON THEIR RIGHTS….”

Then you respond: “…Nor does yours on us….”

Think about that. You Just said, in, CONTEXT.
‘A persons religious belief does not count’

Then JOG said: “…When my conscience doesn’t agree with what you want me to do it does.  I get to say  No,…”
(Now the the Panty in a bunch people, when JOG says, “conscience”, I am believing that means, any Religion/Faith/Deity, because that is the, 'Context’, of the discussion)
And you say: “…So do I. We all do…”

Tell me which side of you mouth are you talking out of ?
The side that says you do not believe any Religion/Faith/Deity?
Or the side that said,  Now you believe?

Now more specific: JOG said: “…Even Bakers…”
Then your, ’Non Answer, or  ’Spin’.

Here are some real answers,
which a non Troll posting person, could say.
“No, not Bakers”  -  “Yes, including Bakers”

But you can’t, can you LOLOLLOLOLLOL

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 09/07/18 at 12:02:35

The economy is so good even
Colin Kaepernick can find a job.
MAGA!

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 09/07/18 at 12:43:39

MnSpring wrote on 09/07/18 at 11:51:44:
T And T Garage wrote on 09/07/18 at 10:56:26:

Well seeing as how, you lack understand of a concept, and the word context.
I’ll,  ‘splan’ it do ya.

In your past posts, you frequently stated your position that the, ‘baker’, should be forced to make a custom cake, for 2 gay people.
Regardless of the fact that the religion he believed in,  said he should not.

Nope, I never said that.  I said, that opens up a slippery slope of discrimination.  You should really try to pay attention mn.

With the fact that you have also said several times, you don’t believe in, believing in anything, (Religious/Deity), you believe the baker should, ALSO, not believe, as you say you do not believe.

I never said that.  You're lying.  Shame on you.

Therefore they, (in your belief) must make a cake, because any believe they have is Invalid.  Simply because, you, say you do not believe in any belief.
(Which you have proved wrong by your posts, or your talking out of two sides of your mouth)

Wow - you're lying so much it's sad.

Now let’s re-cap.  Understanding the Context, (Theirs that word again, which you have a very hard time with)
JOG said:”… Nobody should ever be forced to perform an action against their conscience. Like Baking a cake to celebrate an abomination in the eyes of the Lord…”
Then you said: “…Abomination?  LOL To you maybe, not to everyone….”
Which in Context, (Remember that word you don’t understand?), says, ‘Jog’s statement is invalid, because, you, think it is invalid’.

You don't seem to understand a simple idea.  Just because you believe in something doesn't mean that others don't.  How in the world does that invalidate the other position??  If I don't believe in Allah, but someone else does, that doesn't invalidate those people....

Maybe you need to be taught in motorcycle terms.  SO, if you like Harleys, and I don't, that's doesn't invalidate your love of Harleys.

How do you not understand that basic principle?

Next, JOG says: "Your grasp of the religious beliefs of others
HAS NO BEARING ON THEIR RIGHTS….”

Then you respond: “…Nor does yours on us….”

Think about that. You Just said, in, CONTEXT.
‘A persons religious belief does not count’

Towards MY beliefs (and people like me).  Context mn, CONTEXT.  Your lack of understanding astounds me.

Then JOG said: “…When my conscience doesn’t agree with what you want me to do it does.  I get to say  No,…”
(Now the the Panty in a bunch people, when JOG says, “conscience”, I am believing that means, any Religion/Faith/Deity, because that is the, 'Context’, of the discussion)
And you say: “…So do I. We all do…”

Yes, you have that right.  We all have that right.  But if you're in a business, there might be consequences.

You have the right to be a racist.  You can live freely in this country and still be a nazi.  But if you run a business under those beliefs then there might be consequences.

Is any of this sinking in??

Tell me which side of you mouth are you talking out of ?
The side that says you do not believe any Religion/Faith/Deity?
Or the side that said,  Now you believe?

I only have "one side".

Now more specific: JOG said: “…Even Bakers…”
Then your, ’Non Answer, or  ’Spin’.

Um, I answered "Yes"

Here are some real answers,
which a non Troll posting person, could say.
“No, not Bakers”  -  “Yes, including Bakers”

But you can’t, can you LOLOLLOLOLLOL

I did.  You need to pay better attention.

Bless your heart.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #28 - 09/07/18 at 14:30:45

Grin Grin  Grin Grin  Grin Grin  Grin Grin  Grin Grin  Grin Grin

T And T Garage wrote on 09/07/18 at 12:43:39:
>'''You're lying.  Shame on you.

I'll just take one little piece.
How Many times have you said, you are, Agnostic.
How many times  ?????????

Now you are using the word, 'Bless', which their is no other reason to use it, unless, YOU believe it means something.

So, Are You  LYING, when you say you are, Agnostic, ?
Or are you LYING, when you, 'Bless' & 'Pray', for someone ?

LOL,  Which is it, Which one are you LYING ?

(Can't wait for the, 'spin',  LOOLOLOLOLOLOL)

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 09/07/18 at 15:38:22

Everybody knows
Bless your heart
Is Bible thumper P.C. for
Fukk You..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 20:18:24

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The Right Side Of History

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.