JOEL2014
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South Carolina
Prayer request
08/23/18 at 07:48:54

Hi all!
I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while, it's been busy beyond belief here. I pray everyone is doing well, and I will try to get back on more often. I am asking for prayer for our family about a situation we're in. We're trying to take in a child and get her out of a bad situation, but some people are trying to make it very difficult for us. We love the Lord and are just trying to do His will for us. See Matthew 18:5. Please pray for us and this situation, we need all the prayer we can get. Thank you all very much and may the Lord bless you all!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Prayer request
Reply #1 - 08/23/18 at 10:29:04

What is the situation?
Is this your child or someone else’s?
Is the child in danger?
We need some details to know if we should pray, and if so then how to pray.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 08/23/18 at 12:36:08

Children hold a very special place in Jesus’s heart....

Lord, I pray you reveal to Joel and his family your plans for this child.
We ask that your will be done, as we know your ways are far surperior to ours, and often escaping our comprehension.
May you lovebe manifested in all involved
Amen.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
JOEL2014
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South Carolina
Reply #3 - 08/23/18 at 15:44:25

LANCER wrote on 08/23/18 at 10:29:04:
What is the situation?
Is this your child or someone else’s?
Is the child in danger?
We need some details to know if we should pray, and if so then how to pray.

The Girl is not in danger that we know of. Dad more or less ignores her, mom is strung out on drugs and hasn't visited her in over a year. Samantha is currently with her grandmother who has full custody of her. Grandma is very old and frail and can no longer raise her. My wife used to date the daddy, and has become very close to Samantha over the years. Samantha wants to stay with us badly, and granma wants us to get custody of her. Momma is trying to cause trouble and halt the whole thing though. If this isn't resolved, Samantha could go to the state, both parents have been ruled unfit. None of their family is willing to take Samantha in. Please pray for the Lord's will to be done. After much prayer from my wife and I, we feel this is what God wants of us.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 08/23/18 at 21:13:41

Amen to what Ray said .   Smiley

Good job Ray , and that is Good of ya'll to want to help the girl .  Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
JOEL2014
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South Carolina
Reply #5 - 08/25/18 at 08:04:26

Thank you all so much for the prayers! The court went pretty good, but the mom caused some issues. Undecided She didn't agree with what we were trying to do, but she didn't have a lawyer. She just wanted to start trouble, like she did when two of her other children were adopted out because of the drugs in their systems when they were born. We just want to see Samantha follow Jesus and have a real shot at a good life. Again, thank you all very much!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 08/25/18 at 09:08:04

Yeah, it can really challenge your thinking/reasoning, when you see a person with a habitual problem, allowed to continue that behavior with all of its consequences, unfettered by the courts/society.
However brother, please keep her in your prayers as well.
She is captive to a demon, and if she had the capacity in her illness/actions, to be honest, she would readily admit it, freeing herself from its grip.

Lord, we ask your guidance for all in this matter.
We testify everyone involved is a loved creation by you.
Let us not loose sight of this fact, nor harden our hearts, where it could put a greater burden on your miracle.....
We ask in the name of your Son, AMEN.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 08/25/18 at 18:31:15

Joel, have you and your wife been approved to adopt by the court yet?

My wife and I have and will continue to pray for a quick and permanent resolution to this.
God IS in control of all things.

IP Logged
JOEL2014
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South Carolina
Reply #8 - 08/26/18 at 06:36:26

CorpLANCER wrote on 08/25/18 at 18:31:15:
Joel, have you and your wife been approved to adopt by the court yet?

My wife and I have and will continue to pray for a quick and permanent resolution to this.
God IS in control of all things.

It's not really an adoption, but the grandma is going to sign over custody to us. Our lawyer has informed us that since everyone was in agreement it should have been an open and shut case. That is until the mother stepped in...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 08/26/18 at 10:55:53

Joel, let me offer this observation to you.
The biological ties go way deep, with girls to their mother, extremely deep.
I am sure you have heard about love/hate relationships.
It can be fraught with peaks and valleys, and much confusion.
This little girl might very well need to place, on her own, this piece to the puzzle of her life, once she starts to understand life a little more.
I don’t think for a second, that you or  your wife don’t want the very best for her, and your actions speak to that fact.
I just want to caution you that birth relationship is a wild card, and more often than not, it can only be played once...
If not played well, the outcome can bring much confusion and heartache.

As believers we have seen, and know, that with God, anything is possible...
Her mother could wake tomorrow a changed creature, free to drugs and their toxic environment.
This can still be a wonderful thing, winners all, it’s possible.

God, all you touch is glory and magnificents, we ask that you guide all in this manner Father, that we don’t rely on our understandings but surrender all understanding, to You.
Amen

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 08/26/18 at 11:38:59

BTW....
I speak from experience.
I did something like this decades ago.
After almost 30 years of my support, etc, this person chose a different path.
Also, my son and his wife adopted a baby girl.
They are white, the baby is black.
The mother, single, already had a daughter, chose them from a adoption sight to be this little girls “parents”
The mother didn’t want any connection, I think it’s called a closed adoption, but they talked her into it otherwise.

It is going great, thus far.
But you can imagine what might be waiting in the future for them, as lots of folks have their own special agenda to care about before the welfare of a child, say  Embarrassed

IP Logged
JOEL2014
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South Carolina
Reply #11 - 08/28/18 at 16:48:02

Thank you all for your prayers and support! Your points are well taken, and we just have to do what is right in God's eyes and trust Him to lead us through whatever comes from this situation. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 04:22:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › Prayer request

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.