M Unit wiring (Read 414 times)
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Re: M Unit wiring
Reply #30 - 06/02/20 at 14:39:04

Not sure which one you have. On mine, using the M-Button, the skinny green wire goes to the 'config' input. The rear brake light switch goes to the brake light input on the left side of the M-Unit.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
ghryx
YaBB Newbies

argh.

Reply #31 - 06/02/20 at 16:07:30

I've got the newer one - it goes to the "Kill" input (There's no "config" input anymore) - but that totally answers my question! Thanks!

IP Logged
ghryx
YaBB Newbies

argh.

Reply #32 - 06/18/20 at 09:23:06

ZSteele, how did you manage to keep the decomp circuit?  I've been talking with the Revival guys, and they're even a little baffled by it.  I'm using an m.button-to-m.unit config to reduce the amount of wiring, but the diagram they sent me has a wire from the start switch going to the decomp controller - and with my new push-buttons and the m.button, I don't have a way to do that now.  Very perplexed. How did you wire it in?

I think I understand the rest involving the CDI (which apparently isn't a true CDI. Thanks Suzuki.) tied to the ignition output on the m.unit.

IP Logged
ZSteele

I'll finish it
tomorrow

Reply #33 - 06/18/20 at 14:48:59

http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/0714191307_HDR.jpg

This is the wiring diagram I came up with. If I remember correctly I used the same wire colors as the clymer manual. Only thing weird is I ditched the fuses from the stock setup and I'm running a starter solenoid with built in fuses from Revival. Lmk if anything looks wonky and I need to go back and explain what I did.

IP Logged
ZSteele

I'll finish it
tomorrow

Reply #34 - 06/18/20 at 14:51:20

Looking at it real quickly I did start switch to decomp and it's spliced off to the starter solenoid. That line is coming from the m.unit itself and I'm not sure how you would wire this without a button dedicated to starting the bike. Can you explain your handlebar setup?

IP Logged
ghryx
YaBB Newbies

argh.

Reply #35 - 06/18/20 at 15:02:34

I'm using five momentary-on buttons in place of all the old OEM analog switches.  I -think- the wiring diagram you sketched up is pretty close to what I've figured out based on what the Revival guys sent me.  I just shot this back to them to see what they think.

Ignore some of the greyed-out stuff on it and rogue wires that seem to go nowhere, I just wanted to get the signal flow figured out and then worry about how the safety stuff interacts after.

Savage_LS650_m-Unit_question.jpg
  IP Logged
ZSteele

I'll finish it
tomorrow

Reply #36 - 06/18/20 at 16:45:07

Are you using their starter solenoid or the stocker? If you're using theirs my drawing has the wires in the same location as their diagrams. I dont remember which terminals are which numbers but if you just side by side theirs with mine it'll line up.

Also the green wire with x's coming from the solenoid on my diagram is null. Disregard it!

IP Logged
ghryx
YaBB Newbies

argh.

Reply #37 - 06/18/20 at 18:34:27

Cool, thanks!
Yeah, I'm using their solenoid.  So you didn't use the 'ignition' out terminal on the m.unit then, just the aux1? Interesting. I'll start mucking about with this tomorrow.  

Very much appreciated.  Cool

IP Logged
ghryx
YaBB Newbies

argh.

Reply #38 - 06/18/20 at 18:47:42

Oh - one other question - you have just one green coming from "Start" - when I first was looking at other diagrams they had two leads coming from both "Start" terminals and spliced together before heading to the clutch/decomp controller - our bikes don't need that much juice, correct?  

IP Logged
ZSteele

I'll finish it
tomorrow

Reply #39 - 06/18/20 at 20:33:08

I cant remember exactly what the m.unit uses ignition for but I found that using start was fine and the thing I missed the first time around was getting constant power to the ignitor box.

Correct, only one wire.

IP Logged
ZSteele

I'll finish it
tomorrow

Reply #40 - 06/18/20 at 20:38:18

Just checked out the manual and it looks like the correct way to run things is plugging the ignitor into ignition. Only difference is the aux2 puts out 20 amps versus the ignitions 10a. I'd switch it to ignition if it works, I'll try that on my setup when I get around to working on it again. In any case the 20a ran fine.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 04:12:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › M Unit wiring

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.