Send Topic Print
Prayer request (Read 216 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Prayer request
Reply #15 - 08/20/18 at 16:15:40

If you have migraines, suggest you take magnesium.
You can have hair tested for metals and minerals, about$100.00.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #16 - 08/21/18 at 09:37:00

you take magnesium.

It works on my bovine group … no migraines that I can tell of !    Wink

I might need  to start having my turn at the salt lick too , sound like a good idea !   Really , it makes me wonder if any of us get al the stuff our bodies need ?    Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #17 - 08/22/18 at 02:49:43

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/20/18 at 16:15:40:
If you have migraines, suggest you take magnesium.
You can have hair tested for metals and minerals, about$100.00.

My magnesium level has bee too high in the past so I need to watch it carefully.  This low level the other day was unusual so I just added a little back into the mix.  I’ve had migraines since 1979 so this is not a new thing for me at all, but thank you for the concern.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #18 - 08/22/18 at 03:03:59

MMRanch wrote on 08/21/18 at 09:37:00:
you take magnesium.

It works on my bovine group … no migraines that I can tell of !    Wink

I might need  to start having my turn at the salt lick too , sound like a good idea !   Really , it makes me wonder if any of us get al the stuff our bodies need ?    Huh

Our soils have long been depleated of minerals, that is why fertilize is used so much.  Besides that, crops are typically picked/harvest early while still green so they have time to get it to store shelves all over the world.
Ever wonder why fruit and veggies you buy have little to no flavor any more ?  That is why the roadside farmer/seller do so well, their stuff is picked much closer to the RIPE stage, and actually has good taste to it.  I grew up playing and then working with my grandfather in the peach, almond and walnut orchards, picking “ripe fruit” from the peach trees.  It was full of flavor and lots of juice, so much that it run down your neck when you would bit into them.  That is some goooood stuff.  You will never find that in a typical store.  I never have and I look for it all of the time.  I love peaches.  They were big, plump and juicy...soft ball size.  They peaches in the stores are usually so small they would not even pass the “cannery” size test, they would be thrown out.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #19 - 08/22/18 at 07:13:17

Maybe its just Oklahoma  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #20 - 08/22/18 at 07:30:35

Wow! You guys got me to thinking about my grandmother on my mother's side. She had a small farm and once I was old enough to drive she would get me to take her from the city to the farm when I visited her. She had mango trees, oranges, tangerines, cashews, sugar cane and I cannot remember it all. But picking the fruit fresh from the tree and eating it was amazing. Or cutting some sugar cane, peeling it and then chewing it to get the sugar juice was delicious. And then to top it all off, we would build a fire with bricks around it, put a metal 55 gallon drum lid over the fire on the bricks, roast the cashew nuts and then eat them. Great memories but you actually got me teary eyed thinking about it.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #21 - 08/22/18 at 08:11:15

Hay Springman

put a metal 55 gallon drum lid over the fire on the bricks, roast the cashew nuts  

Do you recon putting them in the smoker might have the same effect ?   I might have to try that !     Wink
or
On the Grill ?  Undecided

…………………………………………………

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #22 - 08/22/18 at 10:00:08

My wife is done with her cataract surgeries and her recovery period and she went back to school this past Monday.

Weather is beginning to moderate a bit, will be getting properly cooler up in the mountains soon.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #23 - 08/22/18 at 11:52:18

MMRanch wrote on 08/22/18 at 08:11:15:
Hay Springman

put a metal 55 gallon drum lid over the fire on the bricks, roast the cashew nuts  

Do you recon putting them in the smoker might have the same effect ?   I might have to try that !     Wink
or
On the Grill ?  Undecided

…………………………………………………

I think that would be the same as putting them in a skillet over an open flame.

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #24 - 08/22/18 at 12:20:43

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/22/18 at 10:00:08:
My wife is done with her cataract surgeries and her recovery period and she went back to school this past Monday.

Weather is beginning to moderate a bit, will be getting properly cooler up in the mountains soon.

GREAT!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #25 - 08/23/18 at 07:08:52

Oldfeller, glad to hear your wife is doing better.

MM, I don't know what it would be like to smoke the cashews. Let me know how it turns out. I can tell you the roasted ones are delicious.

Lancer, I'm glad to hear you are doing better. Please take care of yourself.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #26 - 08/23/18 at 20:44:12

OldFeller , glad your wife is back to doing something she loves to do.  Smiley

I hope this cooler weather is agreeing with your health .

………………………………………

I hate it that my ridding buddies are all loosing their ability to ride.   I've got a lot "Vested" in you fellers !   Ya'll need to heal up , and be ready to ride around middle Tn. next summer.   I was ridding up near "Cristal Ridge" this afternoon and it dawned on me ... I never took ya'll up there , its only 30 min's from my house.  Its kinda  like an eastern version of the Texas Hill Country (not as big) Grin.

………………………………………………………..

Lancer , that version of the  Skyway ya'll have in Oklahoma was a really cool ride , and your place is more centrally located for gathering , so we need you to get better !  Wink

………………………………………………………..

Justin , I'd like to meet ya at one of our gathering sometime , and you too   engineer .

Old Indian turned out to be a really nice feller and I hope his wife didn't give to hard of a time for going "Out Ridding w/the Boys", I hope to see him again next summer sometime too.    

……………………………….

Heck ! Sometimes I even feel like those 800 mile days are all behind me now !  Undecided

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #27 - 08/24/18 at 05:07:10

springman wrote on 08/23/18 at 07:08:52:
Oldfeller, glad to hear your wife is doing better.

MM, I don't know what it would be like to smoke the cashews. Let me know how it turns out. I can tell you the roasted ones are delicious.

Lancer, I'm glad to hear you are doing better. Please take care of yourself.

Doing good, thanks.
Apparently one of my meds causing the episode is the best guess for now.
I’m in the process of working it down and then eliminating it.
Nothing was said about driving or riding so I’m good to go.  😁

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 04:22:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Prayer request

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.