Send Topic Print
first savage build (Read 112 times)
henroc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

first savage build
08/14/18 at 13:21:23

Well I bought this thing in some real bad shape. Head was almost completely ruined. Valve broke off and got hammered all around and mangled piston and head. Thanks to the head shop I go to, it was brought back to life. Ordered bigger piston by mistake so had cylinder bored a whopping. 5.. scavenged this site for knowledge and parts and now I'm a rocker arm and ring set away from assembly. I can't post pics so I have asked a really good moderator/savage enthusiast to assist with that. Paid $200 for this bike about a month and a half ago and sad to say this will be my last Suzuki savage and I havnt even rode it yet lol..thanks to everyone's help and input. Good to have a forum so dedicated to a bike. Hope yall enjoy looking at my half ass build. Pics should be up shortly after post.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: first savage build
Reply #1 - 08/15/18 at 10:02:38

Why your last Savage ?
You didn't have enough fun ? ?
Come now, let us reason together.
There is lots of fun yet to come !

This really is a very fun bike to ride once you have it up and running properly, and it is very durable.
They don't eat valves and trash pistons without help from an owner who doesn't pay attention to the oil level.  YEP.    Wink  Cool

IP Logged
henroc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/15/18 at 10:25:22

Lancer: yeah the kid def left this savage thirsty and ran it hard. I don't doubt durability. I have definitely invested in the renewal of the motor. It's bobbed out so it's far from how it's supposed to look. not a lot of aftermarket for this bike which leaves a premium to pay. It's a cool looking bike can't wait to ride it and enjoy for a while but it will most certainly be for sale when I'm done. I'm a sport bike fan by heart.

Verslagen1 is supposed to add pics soon. I have tried a couple times to add but doesn't work.

IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #3 - 08/15/18 at 10:30:33

Bikes don't sell that cheap unless the previous owner had abused it pretty badly so yeah, you should expect to have some problems with it at first. It sounds like you have the major problems taken care of now, so go ahead and ride it and have fun.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 08/15/18 at 15:02:28

WWW   IP Logged
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Reply #5 - 08/15/18 at 21:06:06

Sharp looking build.im afraid, once you get some seat time you'll  possibly decide to keep it in your stable!

1999 Savage, basically stock, except drag bars, 4"risers,Jardine turn out muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslagen modified cam chain adjuster,4" forward controls
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 08/16/18 at 07:30:45

Yep, it was abused.
I had one parts bike where the entire combustion chamber and piston was totally trashed, not one square centimeter was left untouched.  I think I might still have that head.   That was the worst I’ve ever seen.
Amazingly there was not a hole in the piston...crazy.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 08/16/18 at 09:09:30

Good work. Impressive.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
henroc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/17/18 at 17:39:15

There was a pinhole in the piston. Oh yeah it was beat up. I appreciate the love gentlemen. She got love from the ground up to the best to my budget. haha

I'm sure I'll love the seat time. Got a few nice backroads in pungo here in virginia. Fuel economy is what I'm after till winter hits.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 04:37:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › first savage build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.