Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Another carb/washer mod thread.  2011 Suzuki s40. (Read 480 times)
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Another carb/washer mod thread.  2011 Suzuki s
Reply #30 - 09/21/18 at 22:59:30

Are you aware that the choke has two positions ,1/2 and full ?  Mine usually only uses the 1/2 choke, and then only briefly .

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
eskimo619
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 09/22/18 at 03:32:30

batman wrote on 09/21/18 at 22:59:30:
Are you aware that the choke has two positions ,1/2 and full ?  Mine usually only uses the 1/2 choke, and then only briefly .

I have tried both positions and both seem to just actually choke the motor out instead of bringing up the idle.  Ive only owned the bike just less than 2 months and havnt really had a need for the choke but yesterday was a bit cooler than usual and I noticed the change.  It fired right up no choke like always but idled really low.  I could feather the throttle and it would rev up and down no problem.  Im sure if i hopped on and went it would have warmed quickly and been fine.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #32 - 09/22/18 at 13:02:21

batman wrote on 08/14/18 at 23:41:25:
If you still don't feel that the bike is running it's best at mid range rpm(normal highway speeds) then I would change the two brass washers for two steel washers , that would raise the needle two "tads".( slightly )higher.

Be careful with brass washers.  When I could not find any steel #4 washers at the local hardware store.......they had brass ones so I bought them.  The OD of the brass washers I bought was just a tiny bit bigger than the steel ones - so the brass washers would not go into the hole in the slide.......that would have resulted in the needle being raised way too high.

If you are using brass washers....make sure they are not to big to fit into the recessed hole in the slide (where the spring and needle go before you screw the plate on...the inside bottom of the slide).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
eskimo619
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 09/22/18 at 14:43:32

I did away with the brass for steel washers that fit very well.  Bike rides well throughout the rev range.  Just had me baffled that when the choke is applied it stalls out the engine.  But I started it up today and backed the mixture screw out a bit and the bike idled good.  I dont know whats up with the choke but it still rides well.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/23/24 at 01:00:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Another carb/washer mod thread.  2011 Suzuki s40.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.