Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
By "Working", He Means What? (Read 170 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

By "Working", He Means What?
08/06/18 at 09:45:50

Donald Trump boasted at his Ohio rally Friday night that his tariffs are a runaway success. One problem: America’s trade deficit jumped 7 percent in June, according to the most recent data.

The U.S. trade gap is currently on track to hit a ten-year high, despite a series of tariffs imposed on products and raw materials around the world by the Trump administration.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/us-trade-deficit-jumps-7-percent-in-june_...

I wonder if his interpretation of "working" is the same as his interpretation of "winning"?

But hey, it's early on with the tariffs - maybe things will change.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: By "Working", He Means What?
Reply #1 - 08/06/18 at 10:37:35

I think by "working",.. he means fooling his supporters...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 08/06/18 at 13:36:18

Does this mean revenue increased by 7%?

WWW   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/06/18 at 13:40:23

verslagen1 wrote on 08/06/18 at 13:36:18:
Does this mean revenue increased by 7%?

no, just means we, as Americans, are buying 7% more things from overseas...  you know, not from Americans, but with it being early, American manufacturures haven't really been able to ramp up production for domestic demand, but it doesn't mean that they will though either.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/06/18 at 15:10:30

I can't even think of a way that global trade could have real-time indications of large changes.  

It is way too early to look at numbers and create any accurate model of future results.  There will be market changes due to any tariffs, large tariff changes equal more drastic adjustments, then re-adjustment, then years down the road a conclusive result.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/06/18 at 15:21:15

Eegore wrote on 08/06/18 at 15:10:30:
 I can't even think of a way that global trade could have real-time indications of large changes.  

It is way too early to look at numbers and create any accurate model of future results.  There will be market changes due to any tariffs, large tariff changes equal more drastic adjustments, then re-adjustment, then years down the road a conclusive result.

Good points.

However, one would think not to tout "success" this early on either.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/06/18 at 15:42:37

Yeah, politicians lie, I get it, but this?:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-check-trump-falsely-claims-economy-jobs...

In a tweet Monday, he declares that the economy has "never been better" and jobs are at the "best point in history."

In fact, the economy and jobs are nowhere close to historic bests based on several measures. Economists have also warned that U.S. growth is largely fueled by government borrowing, as the federal deficit rises because of his tax cuts, and is thus unlikely to be sustainable after a few quarters.

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #7 - 08/06/18 at 23:26:00

There probably is a conscious mentality behind the lies, but for the life of me I do not understand why the lies. Would it hurt his position if he said things are getting better instead of presenting claims he cannot support?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 08/07/18 at 00:55:46

U can keep your doctor
The average family will save hundreds
Lies

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/07/18 at 05:14:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/07/18 at 00:55:46:
U can keep your doctor
The average family will save hundreds
Lies

Yep, those were stupid statements by Obama.  They weren't flat out lies, but he should have better represented them.

Our current president however - that's a completely different story.  He is the king of lies.  He lies practically every day.  

I've only posted two examples.  There are literally thousands.

Sad.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 08/07/18 at 06:40:54

I don't understand what the value of comparing lies from a previous administration has when nobody has claimed there was honesty to begin with.

Professionals in the field addressed in this topic say its too early to tell.  That's the same stance that's been around since the 80's, no matter what President says this or that.  I have not, and do not plan on getting any President's analysis for the status of the US economy since they simply are not going to have the information that a collective group of people, numbering in the thousands, would have that work in the trade field every day.

Thousands of people working 24/7 in global trade have their data analyzed and get X as a result, but this one guy says Y is the result.  I'm going to go with that one guy?

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #11 - 08/07/18 at 07:23:30

There's a 40% chance of rain today (but a 60% chance it won't )

With my Brink's Card now I get my pay two days early (Wednesday- so now I can be broke on Friday,  instead of Monday ?) Even if you over use your card ,Brink's will give you another $5.00of credit. ( but if you charge $7.50 for lunch at Mickey D's ,  they charge you an overdraft fee of $35.00 ? . Nothing like the bank making 500% interest on their $7.50 loan for a week).

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 08/07/18 at 07:51:21

Eegore wrote on 08/07/18 at 06:40:54:
 I don't understand what the value of comparing lies from a previous administration has when nobody has claimed there was honesty to begin with.

Professionals in the field addressed in this topic say its too early to tell.  That's the same stance that's been around since the 80's, no matter what President says this or that.  I have not, and do not plan on getting any President's analysis for the status of the US economy since they simply are not going to have the information that a collective group of people, numbering in the thousands, would have that work in the trade field every day.

Thousands of people working 24/7 in global trade have their data analyzed and get X as a result, but this one guy says Y is the result.  I'm going to go with that one guy?

Well put once again Eegore.  This is why I added at the end "But hey, it's early on with the tariffs - maybe things will change."

My main goal was to showcase the whole "mission accomplished" attitude that so often gets played out with nothing actually being accomplished.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/07/18 at 08:10:38

"My main goal was to showcase the whole "mission accomplished" attitude that so often gets played out with nothing actually being accomplished."

I see what you are saying.  I figure if a President says lets be cautious, wait and see, look at the long term strategy then many people will say look how weak the President is, he's not ambitious enough and a liar.

If the president says I've got this, we are changing it up, I have contributed to these changes, this is better for us today.  Then the President is impulsive, too quick, and a liar.

I figure it comes with the territory.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 08/07/18 at 08:18:45

Eegore wrote on 08/07/18 at 08:10:38:
 "My main goal was to showcase the whole "mission accomplished" attitude that so often gets played out with nothing actually being accomplished."

I see what you are saying.  I figure if a President says lets be cautious, wait and see, look at the long term strategy then many people will say look how weak the President is, he's not ambitious enough and a liar.

If the president says I've got this, we are changing it up, I have contributed to these changes, this is better for us today.  Then the President is impulsive, too quick, and a liar.

I figure it comes with the territory.

Indeed it does, I'm sure.

But our current president's reputation tends to show his unparalleled ability to blatantly lie, and then double down on it.  It's getting tough to continue to watch this unfold...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:18:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › By "Working", He Means What?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.