Slicing the pie...... (Read 38 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Slicing the pie......
08/03/18 at 10:30:22

I wonder, what percentage of folks put politics in their life, as a major component, as those of us who participate on/in, the Tall Table?
Compared to the membership, a far greater number choose not to enter the fray.....
I wonder how this might example life in general?

From my own observation I think folks here have a unbalanced life experience, to some degree or another.
It’s odd that we would return to spot that causes us tension, so much so we have to fault others, for cause, yet, we keep coming back.....why?

I’m beginning to see those who don’t need this stimulation, or need to tell others, their wrong, or for others to agree with them, might very well enjoy a better overall life, free from the toxicity of anger and hate, we are witnessing throughout our society today.

Yeah, it’s them, I get that, what about us?

Well, again, if this board is example, the future election is in THEIR hands, thank goodness, those who appear to have a better balance on life.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Re: Slicing the pie......
Reply #1 - 08/03/18 at 13:31:25

Anyone with some common sense would stay well out of this section unless they A) see it as entertainment and/or B) as a challenge to improve their way of arguing.

I see little tendencies to B being prevalent  Grin

BTW, I had a written argument with my brother today. In my opinion, he is borderline racist, and believe all the massively expanded "truths" fabricated by the right wing press and "nationalists". When somebody scream ""23% in Norway are muslims" they all jump on it as true because it goes with their prejudgments. The fact is that 3% are registered in muslim belief groups and the total is estimated at about 4%. And even the 3% figure is more likely bloated than too small because the belief groups gets financial support based on their size - we've had plenty of Christian groups being caught with substantially bloated figures.

But I digress. The actual point I was heading for was that I told him we'd better stop discussing the topic because 1) we would both just become more convinced our personal opinions are the right ones and 2) we would feel sorry that we have such an ignorant brother that is too blind to see the world for what it is. So I suggested we talk motorcycles instead and stay friends  Grin

The same thing can be said for this forum. The moment we start discussing politics and religion, things become poisonous. Members who now more or less hate each others may have gone along just fine discussing Savage engine tuning  Wink

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/03/18 at 14:39:16

faffi wrote on 08/03/18 at 13:31:25:
Anyone with some common sense would stay well out of this section unless they A) see it as entertainment and/or B) as a challenge to improve their way of arguing.

I see little tendencies to B being prevalent  Grin

BTW, I had a written argument with my brother today. In my opinion, he is borderline racist, and believe all the massively expanded "truths" fabricated by the right wing press and "nationalists". When somebody scream ""23% in Norway are muslims" they all jump on it as true because it goes with their prejudgments. The fact is that 3% are registered in muslim belief groups and the total is estimated at about 4%. And even the 3% figure is more likely bloated than too small because the belief groups gets financial support based on their size - we've had plenty of Christian groups being caught with substantially bloated figures.

But I digress. The actual point I was heading for was that I told him we'd better stop discussing the topic because 1) we would both just become more convinced our personal opinions are the right ones and 2) we would feel sorry that we have such an ignorant brother that is too blind to see the world for what it is. So I suggested we talk motorcycles instead and stay friends  Grin

The same thing can be said for this forum. The moment we start discussing politics and religion, things become poisonous. Members who now more or less hate each others may have gone along just fine discussing Savage engine tuning  Wink

Sage advice Faffi!  Well done!

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #3 - 08/03/18 at 15:25:15

Thanks, appreciate the compliment!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 10:21:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Slicing the pie......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.