YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Fox poll, NHS...
08/03/18 at 08:54:08

Ooops...  Huh...
Well, this Fox & Friends Twitter poll on “Medicare for All” didn’t go as planned

At the same time, it’s not that far off from actual polling around the issue. In March, a Kaiser Health tracking poll revealed that
6 in 10 Americans are in favor of a national healthcare system in which all Americans would get health insurance from a single government plan.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Fox poll, NHS...
Reply #1 - 08/03/18 at 09:12:17

It's simply common sense to do this.  
"Medicare For All" polls higher than anything else.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/03/18 at 09:44:37

Look at the VA, that's about as close as we have ever come in the US to a single payer plan.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 08/03/18 at 09:49:23

... or look at other countries that have had successful, and much beloved,  NHS for 50 over years... with lower death rates, more longevity, and better health than the US...

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #4 - 08/03/18 at 13:16:50

USA have the costliest, least efficient health care system in the world. It is very, very good for the fortunate, and less good for a substantial group of the population.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/13/us-healthcare-costs-causes-dr...

Another thing to consider is that having sick people, even if they have no welfare backup, always cost the society in the form of reduced productivity. Hence it makes economic sense to keep people as well as possible for as little cost as possible. There are far better ways to do this than the American way  Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 08/03/18 at 16:42:14

My wife was in Scott and White, Temple Texas.
That hospital had RV parking. The number of them with Canadian tags showed me the difference between free health care and The Best..
I knew a Guzzi rider from a forum. Retired electrician, IIRC, and he up and Died. He complained about the treatment, and never got better,,
Upper respiratory stuff, just a cough, and they never actually addressed it.
You
Common Sensers
aren't thinking.

Once A FUKKING GAIN.
PAY ATTENTION

Our health care system was FINE.
Someone decided we needed HMOs.
You realize that Created a
Whole New College Educated Job, right?
Medical Coding PAYS,,
And that's a purely parasitic burden.
It took years of that foolishness to create the crisis.
Understand
Problem
Reaction
Solution

You leftist, collectivist, economically ignorant people are dragging America into a hole.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 08/03/18 at 16:53:06

Serowbot wrote on 08/03/18 at 09:49:23:
... or look at other countries that have had successful, and much beloved,  NHS for 50 over years... with lower death rates, more longevity, and better health than the US...

Would this be the, ‘Civilized’ nations.
Where they do NOT, pay their fair share of NATO, and the UN,
Yet Reap ALL the Benefits while the US  Pays for them ?

Would this be the, ‘Civilized’ nations, which spend peanuts on their military/protection,
because they know the US  does it for them ?

Would this be the, ‘Civilized’ nations.
Where a broken leg, a tooth pulled, eye glasses, are great.
Yet a Major, Heart, Cancer, etc, problem, they QUICKLY seek help in the USA ?

Would this be one of those, ‘Civilized’ nations ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 08/03/18 at 17:06:24

Nope... those are imaginary countries...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 08/03/18 at 17:33:55

Where the answers to the world's problems the lefties embrace come from.
Imaginary solutions..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #9 - 08/03/18 at 18:54:35

Once A FUKKING GAIN.
PAY ATTENTION... you are WRONG Sherlock
our private health care system is PROFIT driven period.

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 08/03/18 at 19:26:16

Yes, it is. It's DESIGNED to reward the best and brightest.  And when your doctor gets paid
Just Like Every Other Doctor
where is the motivation to excel?
Do YOU work for money?
You REALLY need to rethink things.
Or explain WHY anyone would want to be in the medical field.
Do you have a response to the damage HMOs did ?

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #11 - 08/04/18 at 03:29:27

Go watch this if you dare, as it potentially make you change your opinion

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1533349001

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 08/04/18 at 05:30:17

thumperclone wrote on 08/03/18 at 18:54:35:
Once A FUKKING GAIN.

For profit companies is what makes all this possible. All of us riding motorcycles, sitting in warm or cool homes and typing on a computer. For profit. Nothing else. The quest for profit is what has allowed the world's population to transform itself from a dreary day to day struggle to survive to having so much prosperity, a bunch of middle aged men thousands of miles apart can argue over topics.

I just read this fascinating article about the history of the light bulb. In that, it detailed how we take for granted the huge benefits from a reliable product. This particular article detailed how the price of 100 lumens of light has been reduced by a factor of 500,000. It wasn't all that long ago in our history and certainly in some areas of the world, where the simple act of providing light takes a substantial number of hours out of the day and a high % of limited income. And that's just one simple product none of us on here even think about anymore. I got up this morning, flipped on several lights and that's completely because of for-profit companies over the years responding to demand.

And for profit healthcare is better than government healthcare. It's not a debatable point. Would I love to have zero cost for the same level of healthcare I have available to me now? Absolutely. My son is thinking about a job/career switch, but the reality is because his insurance is through his employer, that's a factor that must be taken into account because he has a child. It would be great if that weren't the case. I'd love not to factor healthcare cost into retirement, but I must.

So I would love 'free' healthcare. But, whoever pointed out the VA is right, that's what we'd get. The VA isn't exactly known for it's groundbreaking R&D programs now is it? And these comments about the beloved NHS is nonsense. They've accepted a lower level of care for 'free' and learned to live with the consequences.

It's the quest for profit (capitalism) which has allowed the world to flourish. Life is so much better today than in the past and it's because of this prosperity that some are able to complain about it.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/04/18 at 07:47:57

WebsterMark wrote on 08/04/18 at 05:30:17:
thumperclone wrote on 08/03/18 at 18:54:35:
Once A FUKKING GAIN.

For profit companies is what makes all this possible. All of us riding motorcycles, sitting in warm or cool homes and typing on a computer. For profit. Nothing else. The quest for profit is what has allowed the world's population to transform itself from a dreary day to day struggle to survive to having so much prosperity, a bunch of middle aged men thousands of miles apart can argue over topics.

I just read this fascinating article about the history of the light bulb. In that, it detailed how we take for granted the huge benefits from a reliable product. This particular article detailed how the price of 100 lumens of light has been reduced by a factor of 500,000. It wasn't all that long ago in our history and certainly in some areas of the world, where the simple act of providing light takes a substantial number of hours out of the day and a high % of limited income. And that's just one simple product none of us on here even think about anymore. I got up this morning, flipped on several lights and that's completely because of for-profit companies over the years responding to demand.

And for profit healthcare is better than government healthcare. It's not a debatable point.

Actually mark, it's a very debatable point.  How is it that we are the richest country on the planet, yet have a higher infant mortality rate than most industrialized countries?   You honestly think it's OK that people go bankrupt due to healthcare bills?  You simply have no basis to say such a thing.

Would I love to have zero cost for the same level of healthcare I have available to me now? Absolutely. My son is thinking about a job/career switch, but the reality is because his insurance is through his employer, that's a factor that must be taken into account because he has a child. It would be great if that weren't the case. I'd love not to factor healthcare cost into retirement, but I must.  

Yet you say that for profit healthcare is better?  Do you not see your own hypocrisy?

So I would love 'free' healthcare. But, whoever pointed out the VA is right, that's what we'd get. The VA isn't exactly known for it's groundbreaking R&D programs now is it? And these comments about the beloved NHS is nonsense. They've accepted a lower level of care for 'free' and learned to live with the consequences.

Apples and oranges - medicare for all is basically insurance, not government run hospital.

It's the quest for profit (capitalism) which has allowed the world to flourish. Life is so much better today than in the past and it's because of this prosperity that some are able to complain about it.

Is it?  Think about who pays all the taxes....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 08/04/18 at 09:24:49

Here is a possible happening.

The USA, stops it tremendous funding of other nations defenses,
(Which the USA spends MORE, than the top 5 countries Combined)
And then just funds, this one.
Now a huge amount of money, (your collected taxes), is available, and it goes to, ‘insurance’ so that their is a NHS, and it is FREE, (Well not really, YOU paid the taxes, but it is, apparently so, because the taxes are not raised, because the USA, Stopped, Defending the nations, who are, ‘civilized’)

Works for a while, tell the accountants see that a hospital is charging  $10.00 for a Aspirin. So they make a law, that a hospital can only charge, $0.01 for a Aspirin.
Soon the rest of the items go the same way.
So now, a Doctor only can make X  amount.  (Unless he/she goes into private practice)

(Here is a part T&T says he can’t understand)
Ever go into a, store, a salesperson comes up, (if it happens at all),  and in a voice like Marvin from HHGTTG, he/she says: ‘canihelpyou’.
Well  that would be the H.C. Staff, once the ultra-liberal accounts get their way.

BUT, you break leg, it gets fixed, and it’s FREE. (well not really, but at no extra cost to you)
Yet you are diagnosed with a serious condition, and you, MAY, get a appointment to deal with it in a year or two.
So you go to the, ‘private’ place, and you pay out of pocket.

What would be a solution ?
One thing I believe would greatly help, is to open up, ALL  insurance companies to cover EVERYBODY.
That is called, ‘Competition’. That is NOT  happening now.  
Today, it is, ONLY, ’select’, companies that are, ‘allowed’ to sell in a certain area. (Gee can one say Left Hand Dollar?)
(OH, T&T, do you need, 'left hand dollar', explained to you ?)
It is Just like a gas station in a town, where for 100 miles around their is no other gas station, so they charge 5.00 for a gallon.
Yet the town that is 100 miles away, has 5 gas stations, and they charge 2.00 for, THE SAME gallon.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 06:41:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Fox poll, NHS...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.