MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Plastic Guns
Reply #15 - 08/02/18 at 15:45:20

WebsterMark wrote on 08/02/18 at 14:06:09:
Am I the only one on here who made a .22 zip gun out of an old car antenna as a kid?

And played in a ’Sand Box’.  (Isn’t that for Cats ?)
Or built a, ’Tree House’. (Isn’t that for the Birds ?)
Or put a Penny on a Rail Road Track,
Or know what a, ‘Gig’ is.
Had a BB gun at 8 year old.
Or built a raft and floated down the river.
Or slid down the hill in the winter, and passed through the bottom wire of a fence, by propping it up with a stick and laying down on the sled.
Or went to a, skating rink, to skate, then later see these, ‘bumps’, on the opposite sex in the warming house.
And on and On and On and On and ON.

And the people, that did those things, and many others, are called ’STUPID and Old”,
by the kids today,  who walk around, with their head down, playing a game on their phone, while walking into a Streetlight pole.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 08/03/18 at 05:58:59

LostArtist wrote on 08/02/18 at 15:12:45:
MShipley wrote on 08/02/18 at 09:35:08:
Serowbot wrote on 08/02/18 at 09:16:18:
Right now, it's more parlour trick than practical,...
The question is, where will we be in ten years?...  Huh

in ten years it will be just like it is now.... the lawful will follow the rules and the unlawful will not....

so why have any laws then...  

I did not say we should not have laws! I said in ten years you will have the same result. Honest people will follow the laws and dishonest people will not. Kinda like our immigration laws.

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #17 - 08/03/18 at 12:32:40

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #18 - 08/04/18 at 10:16:37

faffi wrote on 08/03/18 at 12:32:40:

Just a, Few, of the laws, in that country.
Clearly, the US must immediately adopt such laws,
because that will, STOP, all accidents.

Guns are capable of harmful and fatal consequences;and gun laws are quite stringent in Sweden. To be a gun owner requires a license, and this is tightly controlled by regulations. A potential gun owner needs to meet requirements to be granted a license.

It is stipulated that all firearms are to be stored/kept in an approved gun safe.

It is illegal for a civilian in Sweden to carry a firearm, unless for a specific, legal purpose;such as hunting or attending shooting ranges

The applicant must be a member of an approved shooting club for at least six months

a gun registered for sport shooting may not be used in hunting.

It is considered a privilege, rather than a right, to own a firearm in Sweden.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #19 - 08/04/18 at 10:51:49

And your point is?

In Norway, the police is not armed. They want to carry arms, but so far are not allowed. Weapons are locked inside their cars and can be unlocked with permission if the situation demand it. Personally, I hope it stays that way.

The police in Sweden, with a population about twice that of that here in Norway, have shot and killed 6 people so far this year alone. They have been generally armed since 1965. In comparison, I believe the police have killed 4 people in total during the past 15 years.

Obviously, if you want more dead people, which will not always be criminals, having an armed police force seems to be effective.

Does the lack of weapon make it dangerous to be a police officer in Norway? Well, since WW2, ten police officers have been killed on duty, 7 of those where shot, so one can say the risk is pretty low.

The same number for Sweden is 16 killed on duty, so statistically slightly lower risk, but the numbers are too small to be conclusive on whether carrying a weapon makes it safer to be a police officer or not.

Is it better for the population? Well, there are 4 times as many  murders in Sweden per capita (10 per 100,000 vs 2.5), significantly more violence and sexual offences as well as a lot more theft. Hence there seem to be no preventive gains from having an armed police force.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 08/05/18 at 05:47:44

I watched Live PD Friday and Saturday nights. It's an excellent social exercise/experiment to watch it. Some felt for the police, some felt for the perpetrators.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 06:45:22

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Plastic Guns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.