Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Trump tweets order to stop investigation or no? (Read 142 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Trump tweets order to stop investigation or no?
08/01/18 at 11:57:02

"..This is a terrible situation and Attorney General Jeff Sessions should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right now, before it continues to stain our country any further. Bob Mueller is totally conflicted, and his 17 Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA!"

Is this an "order" as some people are saying or not?

I say its not an order at all, just a typical Trump tweet that while it may be official record/statement that doesn't make it an order for anyone to follow.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Trump tweets order to stop investigation or no
Reply #1 - 08/01/18 at 12:04:04

I for one would support him if he fired Muller.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 08/01/18 at 14:16:27

tRump tweeted "Witch Hunt" when the Trump University lawsuit started...
He soon settled suit for $25,000,000...

Witch hunters - 1,...    tRump - 0

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/01/18 at 14:44:42

MShipley wrote on 08/01/18 at 12:04:04:
I for one would support him if he fired Muller.

Do you have an opinion regarding the definition "order" and if the above mentioned tweet is an order to stop the investigation?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/01/18 at 14:44:53

Serowbot wrote on 08/01/18 at 14:16:27:
tRump tweeted "Witch Hunt" when the Trump University lawsuit started...
He soon settled suit for $25,000,000...

Witch hunters - 1,...    tRump - 0

Do you have an opinion regarding the definition "order" and if the above mentioned tweet is an order to stop the investigation?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/01/18 at 15:03:03

Some might say it's an order.

Some might say he's "kidding".

Some might say that he "didn't really mean it".

Some might say that he himself didn't write it.

Some might say..... well, you get my point.

The problem with our president is that his Twitter vomiting is becoming white noise.  It seems the more he posts, the more irrelevant he is becoming.

However, like anything else, that's just my opinion.

Also, in my opinion, you may have to rephrase the question.  "Should we take the president seriously when he posts on Twitter?"  But that might be a different topic.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/01/18 at 15:08:14

It is a different topic.

Lets say hypothetically that the President didn't tweet that but instead the Vice President did.  Would you interpret that as an order from the Vice President to stop the investigation.  

For that matter if it were the pizza delivery guy, would as it is phrased, be considered an order to do something.  Even if the person has no ability to make it happen, I would not read the tweet as a directive.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/01/18 at 15:16:18

Eegore wrote on 08/01/18 at 15:08:14:
 It is a different topic.

Lets say hypothetically that the President didn't tweet that but instead the Vice President did.  Would you interpret that as an order from the Vice President to stop the investigation.  

I personally would.  Yes.  I equate Twitter as an official public forum.  It should (IMHO) carry the same weight as the president going on TV and saying those things.

For that matter if it were the pizza delivery guy, would as it is phrased, be considered an order to do something.  

That is a poor example.  Two different people. (unless you think a pizza delivery guy has the same power as a president...)

Even if the person has no ability to make it happen, I would not read the tweet as a directive.

But our president does have the ability to make it happen.  Therein lies the difference/problem.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/01/18 at 17:31:41

It means nothing. It's Trump being Trump.

For one thing, maybe he does it to get the snowflakes all frazzled out....  

It's fun to watch anyway.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/01/18 at 17:41:42

WebsterMark wrote on 08/01/18 at 17:31:41:
It means nothing. It's Trump being Trump.

For one thing, maybe he does it to get the snowflakes all frazzled out....  

It's fun to watch anyway.

So then by your theory, nothing our president tweets should be taken seriously?

It's all in fun?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 08/01/18 at 19:22:12

I gotta side with TT on this one.
His Twitter addiction is a disservice to the protocol of the office.

Yeah, I get it, why, and I see the foolish media and adversaries biting on it, hook, line, and sinker.
Yes, it’s extremely revealing, however by his own actions he is inviting the dogs out....
For him to whine about their barking (fake news) is absolving his own duplicity in the matter.

To answer your question, no.
Nor was his suggestions to Russian’s to find Hillary’s email....
Folks that believe such are just being played as fools, and they obliged.

His tweets suck, period.
Argue with dignity, or look like the fools in front of Maxine Waters office, burning a flag, chanting nonsense, as if that will make one iota of a difference.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/01/18 at 19:22:35

"That is a poor example.  Two different people. (unless you think a pizza delivery guy has the same power as a president...)"

I don't think a pizza guy has the same power as the President, that is why I chose a pizza guy as an example.  I was attempting to convey that if someone was to say, type, write, sing or otherwise communicate the statement from Twitter, I would not consider the sentence structure and context to be that of a directive.

An order by my definition is a directive to be followed without choice or compromise.  The words " should stop " to me indicate that someone can do something, but also has the option of not doing the task.

As in you should stop consuming excess calories in your diet, versus you will stop consuming excess calories in your diet.

Personally I'm not looking forward to the day that Twitter is used for executive orders.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 08/01/18 at 19:38:21

Eegore wrote on 08/01/18 at 19:22:35:
"That is a poor example.  Two different people. (unless you think a pizza delivery guy has the same power as a president...)"

I don't think a pizza guy has the same power as the President, that is why I chose a pizza guy as an example.  I was attempting to convey that if someone was to say, type, write, sing or otherwise communicate the statement from Twitter, I would not consider the sentence structure and context to be that of a directive.

No, it may not be a "direct order", but then where do you draw the line?  When do you take the president serious?  And again, to equate the twitter posts of a pizza guy to the president is absurd for a whole bunch of reasons.

An order by my definition is a directive to be followed without choice or compromise.  The words " should stop " to me indicate that someone can do something, but also has the option of not doing the task.

Again, then do you put the same credence in his addresses on TV or in interviews?  Are those not public forums as well?

As in you should stop consuming excess calories in your diet, versus you will stop consuming excess calories in your diet.

Personally I'm not looking forward to the day that Twitter is used for executive orders.

Do you not remember when he fired Comey?  You may want to look at the twitter storm surrounding that.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/02/18 at 05:15:01

I have no problem determining what's an order and what's a wishful thinking comment expressed by Trump. No one does. Everyone who read that knew exactly what it was and it wasn't a Presidential directive. This is another made up 'constitutional crisis'.

Do I wish Trump would shut up sometimes? Yes, absolutely. I offer no defense, how can I? I do like it when he corrects obviously lies by the press or expresses his opinion on certain topics, but this was better left unsaid.

On the other hand, he's winning at everything he does so who am I to second guess? Everyday there's 10 stories about what he's just done is the end of him, the end of American or the end of the world. Yet, all of that is Chicken Little redux.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 08/02/18 at 05:32:03

WebsterMark wrote on 08/02/18 at 05:15:01:
I have no problem determining what's an order and what's a wishful thinking comment expressed by Trump. No one does. Everyone who read that knew exactly what it was and it wasn't a Presidential directive. This is another made up 'constitutional crisis'.

Do I wish Trump would shut up sometimes? Yes, absolutely. I offer no defense, how can I? I do like it when he corrects obviously lies by the press or expresses his opinion on certain topics, but this was better left unsaid.

On the other hand, he's winning at everything he does so who am I to second guess?  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Everyday there's 10 stories about what he's just done is the end of him, the end of American or the end of the world. Yet, all of that is Chicken Little redux.

I have to hand it to you mark - you are unabashed at your hypocrisy!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:10:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Trump tweets order to stop investigation or no?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.