Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Prayers Needed for my Wife. (Read 572 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Prayers Needed for my Wife.
Reply #30 - 07/31/18 at 17:10:31

Updates appreciated  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #31 - 07/31/18 at 18:18:07

Deb said that she likely has 2 more chamber treatments left - she is not exactly sure as the Dr. said the treatments will continue until the progress is not noticeable.  So far she has a bit more feeling in her legs after each treatment - they poke her with pointy sticks and touch tuning forks to her legs......or touch them with cold metal to see where she has feeling.  The treatments started out being as long as 6 hours....and sometimes 2 a day - now they are once a day and around 4 hours.

Her therapy is helping her to learn to walk again - she can walk slowly with a walker, they have been getting her to walk between railings with a helper on each side.....when she doesn't hold onto the railings she needs to be caught every now and then.  They also have her trying to balance on one leg....about 30 seconds is her limit.

She said she will be able to walk again - but initially it will be slow and cautious.  She may have some residual numbness in her legs and torso, and it may go away over time.  There is just no way to know at this point if she will recover fully.

Her tentative date for release is August 8th.  We know she can't fly on a commercial flight, the Dr. doesn't want us going over Jelico Mountain which is around 2,200' msl.  We also don't know how durable she will be for a trip back - it is 1,100 miles from Miami to our home....and the Mapquest says that is around 17 hours - but that doesn't account for the stops and inevitable traffic jams in the summer.  While a healthy person is durable enough to do the drive in 2 days - I believe we will have to take 4 or 5 days so that Deb is not pushed too hard.  It may be that she would be better off going to her sisters house in Sarasota for a few weeks of recovery before coming home - I could go down and stay with them for a bit.

The next week will reveal a lot more - it will be 2 weeks on Thursday since her treatment in Miami began - and there is nearly a week left before they are ready to let her go.

Thanks for your continued prayers and support.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #32 - 07/31/18 at 19:08:04

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #33 - 07/31/18 at 21:41:12

Dave ,

You know we have a spare room If you driving , and I'm also about one days drive from your house if your headed South.    

And I hope you know I'm always glad to see ya.   Also on the way back with Deb .  Remember my wife retired from teaching too , I'm sure they would get-a-long great.    

If I can help in anyway then "Don't be shy" .  Smiley    

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #34 - 07/31/18 at 21:43:54

Hope her recovery goes well.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #35 - 08/01/18 at 06:31:46

Ditto to MM.  I don't think I am really on the logical driving route, but if you need a stay-over in Auburn, AL northbound or southbound it's here for you any time.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 08/01/18 at 09:56:08

Wow, that's just crazy!  Life throws curve balls sometimes and you guys got the big hook.  

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery and both of you the best of luck getting home and getting life back to normal.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #37 - 08/01/18 at 19:10:30

Well dang Dave, you guys have a lot on your plate right now....
I have this stinking hunch your wife knows what’s best for her, and  her limitations.....
I suggest you listen and do, as she says.
I’m guessing she is not a quitter, nor likes pity heaped upon her.

Funny in a weird way, that you just never know what the next moment holds for you.
Last night we went to a observatory where we are on vacation.
Had all sorts of scopes to use, different targets, etc...
It was really awesome, Saturn and it’s rings, Jupiter and it’s stars, Mars, Vega, all in view.
Got back to our place after midnight.
Did some night photography....
In bed just prior to 2am.
Somewhere between here and there, I fell out of bed....
Never in my life, even in my stoopers, did I fall out of bed.
I landed hard, but not on my neck, etc...
Could have been a real bugger if I had broke something, etc...
Just a tad sore, and a good story, which gets laughs, but you never know, it could have easily got a OMG 😮

Please keep us up to date, thank you, prayers still coming....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #38 - 08/06/18 at 06:22:25

Deb is doing a bit better each day.  The hyperbaric chamber treatments ended on Saturday.  Deb is glad of that, as they were 4 - 6 hours long and tedious - she would breath oxygen for 20 minutes through a mask and then 5 minutes on air with the mask open.....repeat continually through the entire session.  Because of the oxygen rich atmosphere she could not take in any books....thankfully they had a TV screen and she could watch movies.  Now that the chamber treatments are over the catheter is removed and she is training her bladder to function again.

She began physical therapy a week ago, and she is walking again.  She can walk with a walker and pushes it in front of her - she really doesn't need it anymore for support as her left leg doesn't buckle anymore.  She has been walking a bit without the walker - they have a belt on her and can grab her if she loses balance.  They have her putting her feet up on styrofoam cups and then back on the floor - she only crushed 2 cups in 20 tries......so she is gaining control.

She will be getting out of the hospital on Wednesday, August 15th, which will make her stay in the hospital just 1 day short of 3 weeks.  She will be going to her sister's house in Sarasota - it is yet to be determined if she is going to stay there for any length of time to get stronger......or if I am going to drive down to pick her up and haul her back home.

Thanks for your continued prayers and support.

Dave

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #39 - 08/06/18 at 07:59:43

Thanks for the update,... good news..

Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Todd James

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mansfield, Ohio
Reply #40 - 08/06/18 at 10:09:02

Thanks for letting us know, Dave.
And thank Deb for allowing you to share her story with us.
We can be specific in our prayers when we're informed.
Deb sounds like a very courageous and determined young lady.

2007 S40, Dyna, 52.5/150, .073 Spacer, 2 Turns
2007 Sportster 1200, V&H Pipes
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #41 - 08/06/18 at 10:20:55

Yep, she is courageous and up to a challenge.....she was brave enough to marry me! Huh

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #42 - 08/06/18 at 14:53:58

Good to hear about the continued progress  Smiley

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #43 - 08/06/18 at 17:06:53

Dave wrote on 08/06/18 at 10:20:55:
Yep, she is courageous and up to a challenge.....she was brave enough to marry me! Huh

Marry strong women....
Does that make us guys weak then Dave?  Huh

Hopefully this recovery will continue with good progress.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, lots of folk really care about you guys, prayer continued 😋

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #44 - 08/07/18 at 06:05:40

Strong women marry strong but reasonable men --- women are smart about "man shopping".

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 04:26:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Prayers Needed for my Wife.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.