Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bike starts but slowly dies - new problem-carb... (Read 166 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Bike starts but slowly dies - new problem-carb
Reply #15 - 08/02/18 at 14:04:43

There used to be a really good carb animation that 'photosuckit' disabled.  However, I found another decent video that is in this thread (see below).

Hope it helps envision what's going on in there...

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1533243761/0#0

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #16 - 08/02/18 at 20:36:34

Gloves will protect your hands, but not the carb parts ,the outside of the slide and the cylinder it sides into must be very clean or the slide can hang up.( clean and avoid touching)  Note that the rubber diaphragm goes in in only one location due to the little tongue on it and the matching recess in the carb body. There is also a rib of rubber around the outside  edge of the diaphragm that should be pushed firmly into the recess for it ,before the spring and cap are replaced.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/03/18 at 08:04:15

Agree with the slide.  Happened to me once after jetting.  Didn't seat the diaphragm correctly and it did the exact same thing.  Butterfly opens and a limited amount of fuel gets pulled from the main jet because the needle doesn't raise to allow more fuel to enter the venturi.  You end up with an extremely lean condition.

I also had a couple of incidents where my slide stuck during shifts and I lost power.  The black coating on the slide what worn off in spots so I replaced the slide and it's been perfect.  Best $120 I've spent on this bike. I think some people on here might have had the same issues, but confused it with a jetting issue.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 10:24:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike starts but slowly dies - new problem-carb...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.