Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Get used to it
Reply #15 - 07/23/18 at 09:37:51

Serowbot wrote on 07/23/18 at 08:08:10:
There is a difference...
Obama was fairly elected, and won with a majority.

Trump won by negative 3 million votes and had help from an enemy state illegally hacking the election...

I don't think getting used to that is a good thing.
This embarrassment needs to go...

Have you moved yet?

So, your promise is as good as the intel you have on collusion and a swayed election......

ZIP, as in NADA  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #16 - 07/23/18 at 12:21:49

WebsterMark wrote on 07/23/18 at 08:45:39:
The question is; does anyone believe Russian involvement, which as far as I've heard was only Facebook and some TV ads, convinced enough people in those five states to switch their votes?

yes or no.

Absolutely yes. Because it wasn't the ads or the commercials (never heard of either before) but the deliberate fake news as well as targeted news/topics based upon people's opinions. So they could either outrage people or excite them. It wasn't just the Russians; Trump had an office doing the same thing, using Facebook as a means to target individuals specifically. I am convinced this made the difference.

That said, Obama was the first to use Facebook as a low cost, but effective channel to reach voters. He may have used similar tactics to Trump had they been available then, who knows.

But if we disregard the election for a moment, for us mere mortals this phenomena is devastating because not only will fake news escalate in general; fake news will also become more effective because "they" will hand us fake news that we want to hear/believe, and hence the effect will become massively more effective.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 07/23/18 at 13:42:25

Useful fools is nothing new......

It plays right into the hands of the elitist, and aristocrats, like only white male landowners, are smart enough to decide these matters.....

Kinda like a Black man can't rise above his roots without the liberals.....
And if he strays off that belief/plantation, votes for a conservative, he is no longer a REAL black man, but a sell out Oreo.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/23/18 at 13:44:49

WebsterMark wrote on 07/23/18 at 07:52:38:
We did.

I never saw 'Resist' signs in front yards. I never saw videos of people beaten because they had on a "Yes we Can" cap. I never saw the midterm election based on a future impeachment.

really???

cause I saw ALL of those things....  

except replace "Resist" with NObama signs,  and I don't think Obama had "Yes We Can" caps.... maybe he did, and maybe his followers just aren't the cap wearing kind...  But there was violence at some, (not most) Tea Party rallies, and conservative republicans MOST DEFINITELY ran on Impeaching Obama

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 07/23/18 at 13:46:16

raydawg wrote on 07/23/18 at 09:37:51:
There is a difference...

Trump won by negative 3 million votes and had help from an enemy state illegally hacking the election...

Have you moved yet?

So, your promise is as good as the intel you have on collusion and a swayed election......

why the antagonism???  

what happened to the balanced ray????

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 07/23/18 at 13:52:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/23/18 at 08:23:51:
Don't you remember how the right went nuts and threw nuts at the windows of a coffee shop?
Me neither

no, but I head about them vandalizing Obama's family monument, which was to Michelle Obama...    

https://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/obama-family-monument-vandalized-092553

or Vandalizing a car with a Pro Obama bumper sticker :

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cifamerica/2008/oct/25/barack-obama...

and while we're at it,

"1. Fired 22 employees

In Las Vegas, a small business owner fired 22 of his 114 employees because Obama was elected and "elections have consequences." The owner told a local radio station he needed to build up a "nest egg" because of "taxes and regulations" Obama would instate. (CBS Local)

[READ: Bloomberg to Ration Gas in New York]

2. Asked the Queen of England to "take us back"

An open letter on the conservative Free Republic apologizes to the Queen of England for "that little misunderstanding we had 236 years ago," and asks the United Kingdom to please "forgive us and take us back." (Free Republic, Gawker)

3. Initiated a boycott against Democratic neighbors

Former Ron Paul aide Eric Dondero, who blogs at LibertarianRepublican.net, says his response to Obama's reelection is a "personal boycott" against Democrats, be they friend, foe or neighbor. In a Q & A with New York Magazine's Daily Intel, Dondero said the boycott means he just might ignore a drowning Democratic neighbor. (Daily Intel)"

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/11/08/10-dramatic-...

so, we can go tit for tat all day long if you want...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 07/23/18 at 18:39:19

No we can't. I would win by a mile. Anti-Trump lunacy outnumbers anti-Obama lunacy by a billion to one.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #22 - 07/23/18 at 20:14:42

LostArtist wrote on 07/23/18 at 13:46:16:
raydawg wrote on 07/23/18 at 09:37:51:
There is a difference...

Have you moved yet?

why the antagonism???  

what happened to the balanced ray????  

I ain’t perfect  Grin

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 07/24/18 at 12:54:08

WebsterMark wrote on 07/23/18 at 18:39:19:

No we can't. I would win by a mile. Anti-Trump lunacy outnumbers anti-Obama lunacy by a billion to one.

keep thinking that....   fake news!!!!!   Grin

I have 8 + years of it, your guy is just getting started

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #24 - 07/26/18 at 14:37:37

LostArtist wrote on 07/24/18 at 12:54:08:

So, does that mean, you are really a, ‘closet’, Ultra-Liberal, when you say you are Not ?  

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 07/26/18 at 15:41:39

MnSpring wrote on 07/26/18 at 14:37:37:
LostArtist wrote on 07/24/18 at 12:54:08:

So, does that mean, you are really a, ‘closet’, Ultra-Liberal, when you say you are Not ?  

how do you figure that?  seeing what you want to see again huh?  

I just did a math problem....

Does someone have to be an "ultra-liberal" to have seen the abuse Obama took from the conservative media for 8 years?  

I see the abuse Trump takes and yes, some of it is unfair, but I don't think he's been called the Anti-Christ yet, or accused of being in a movie as Satan, or hung and burned in effigy

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 07/26/18 at 16:34:13

Why does it matter?

Specifically why is there a supposed measure of which President has more negative publicity?  How could this even be assessed accurately since there are so many variables, including how each President has interacted with the media.

Things change.  You could always get off the couch, or even donate to media outlets that support and publish your views.  You could even avoid the "Stern Effect" and stop viewing the media that you disagree with, get in the information and opinion vacuum and maybe be happy with what you see.

Or maybe we could not care which President has it worse, that's my choice.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 10:26:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Get used to it

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.