Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Inverse square law and elliptical orbits (Read 120 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: Inverse square law and elliptical orbits
Reply #15 - 07/24/18 at 23:18:23

Serowbot wrote on 07/24/18 at 11:55:16:
I Googled "Center of the Universe", just for fun,.. and it told me it's in Tulsa...  Grin

It is in fact true to say that you are standing at the centre of the universe. and if there are other people in other galaxies each one of them can also truly say that they are in the centre of the universe. This is the peculiar nature of 4 dimensional spacetime.

This is why when we look around all the galaxies are moving away from our Galaxy, and the further they are the faster they are receding, meaning if we run time backwards they will all come to coalesce right where we are. But this is how it looks from any galaxy in the universe, every other galaxy including ours will appear to be receding from them and the further they are the faster they are receding.

In principle this would come down to each individual person.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #16 - 07/24/18 at 23:24:54

Trippah wrote on 07/24/18 at 06:01:28:
OMG - my eyes were rolling like those ellipses at 7:58 so I stopped at 8:13.   I am always amazed that humans can think in such abstract ways, at time humans can be truly interesting.

But that's the beauty of this, it's not really abstract. Abstract would be how he gets to the same answer using differential calculus, which I do not understand and cannot see into. However this is just simple Euclidean geometry that's all, what the Greeks invented 2000 years ago and what we leanned in high school, however it's just a lot of simple steps put together in a complex way but each individual step is easy to follow.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #17 - 07/26/18 at 21:15:00

Serowbot wrote on 07/24/18 at 09:13:48:
The thing I never could get,.. is... if you look in any direction, you look back in time, and further you look the further back in time you see...
If we all came from a single point,.. how is that point in every direction we look?...
Somebody is playing a trick on us... Huh

If you draw a number of dots on a deflated balloon then blow it up, all of the dots are moving away from any given dot. When looking through space we are seeing light that is traveling a curved path through curved space. But it looks straight to us because we're in it!  Cool

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #18 - 07/26/18 at 23:29:37

That's because that 'point' where everything came from was not a point that appeared in an already existing space. That point itself was the beginning of space and time, 4 dimensional spacetime.

In fact everything you see is in the past. When you are talking to someone you are not seeing them as they are now, but as they were a few billionths of a second ago. when you see the moon you see it as it was 1.3 seconds ago, and so on.

Serowbot wrote on 07/24/18 at 09:13:48:
The thing I never could get,.. is... if you look in any direction, you look back in time, and further you look the further back in time you see...
If we all came from a single point,.. how is that point in every direction we look?...
Somebody is playing a trick on us... Huh

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:11:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › Inverse square law and elliptical orbits

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.