About China...... (Read 140 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
About China......
07/21/18 at 08:49:58

I talked about This earlier, I don’t remember any replies.....
This is the real threat to a different world changing.
Their mono race society will not bend to social whims of other nations.
Their historical root is mere survival, individually, first and foremost.

As Americans and most of our allies, we have not tasted of that motivation from our lap of capitalism luxury.
Once Asia wrestles the economic center of activity away from the west, it might never return again.
It will make the homeless problem seem like a over booked campground, not the hand wringing and enabling we currently view it.

Anyway, I am not alone in this assessment, here is a snippet from a interview of Harry Kissinger:

The alternative, Kissinger adds, is not appealing. A divided Atlantic would turn Europe into “an appendage of Eurasia”, which would be at the mercy of a China that wants to restore its historic role as the Middle Kingdom and be “the principal adviser to all humanity”. It sounds as though Kissinger believes China is on track to achieve its goal.

It won’t let me link the article from Financial Times...
If interested, a story is viewable via Real Clear Politics today.
Read it for a different perspective from a man who is almost 100
Years old and historically seen and studied much.
Or just stay with titilation....
Just get to the campground early.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Re: About China......
Reply #1 - 07/21/18 at 13:13:46

Economy experts have predicted for a long time that the Chinese/Asian economy will walk all over that of us in the West and make us comparatively poor.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/21/18 at 15:02:58

"Economy experts have predicted for a long time that the Chinese/Asian economy will walk all over that of us in the West and make us comparatively poor. "

Exactly.  This has been coming for decades, there's no reason to expect it to stop based off of the current consumer trends.  I don't recall any future trade modules that have ever said China would not expand dramatically, not that I've seen them all.

Its cheaper to send a container by ship from Boston to San Diego than it is to truck it to New York.  China geographically has an advantage let alone its economic structuring and trade.

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #3 - 07/21/18 at 15:39:42

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 07/21/18 at 18:26:25

Good read......
Knowing now how Trump has used trade as a issue, it seems to parallel the information in that article.

Read what Kissinger said re: Asia.
America will awaken after its too late.

Asia is hungry, the people, they will work 24/7 and be happy for the opportunity, chance.

Is it capitalism coming back to bite the USA because we lost our focus on what work ethics were all about?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #5 - 07/22/18 at 08:10:41

It depends on how you define work ethics. The real issue IMO is money. You learn you can make more money making your products in Asia, so that is what you do. Now your workers are unemployed. Most people lack the drive, skill or financial resources to start their own business. Hence unless someone create new jobs for these now unemployed workers that are competitive, you have an issue. As it escalates, it's a national issue.

In other words, again my personal opinion, you need a governing body that work to make sure the population gets the correct form of education and  also encourage businesses to keep up to date so they can stay ahead nationally in an international market. By that I mean when some jobs are outsourced, new must be created that are competitive.

Sorry, my lack of English vocabulary makes it difficult to get into a discussion fine enough in detail when it comes to politics; most of my knowledge of the language revolves around motorcycles  Embarrassed But I hope you get the gist of it.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 07/22/18 at 09:03:34

Your English appears better than mine 😋

You bring up some interesting points.
Schools use to teach the fundamentals, the 3R’s and you passed or were held back, or sent to a school that catered more toward students with issues.
Also, the man was expected to be the bread winner, while the wife ran the household, which seemed in the larger picture to stabilize the community.
Feminism and greed appears to have come at the cost of societal stability,
with economics being a tool to wield as power.... Huh

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #7 - 07/22/18 at 13:52:37

You are probably pretty correct. However, it is my understanding that whereas throughout the 70s, most could survive well on one salary, whereas these days most need two incomes to support a family? On a single salary, a family could afford a house, a car and a motorcycle and still be reasonably well off. Now, few can do that. Partially because the demand for a certain standard has gone up, but also because people get paid relatively less now compared to the cost of living, from what I have gathered.

Basically, a larger portion of the total economy is spread across fewer hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abMQhaMdQu0

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 07/22/18 at 15:07:47

Oh indeed, a byproduct of capitalism is greed.

I have used the example before.
My first home I ever bought in Southern California was for 40 thousand dollars.
That was a big commitment for me.
It is now around a million dollars, for that 1 bath, 2 bedroom, 900 square feet home.
I didn’t sell it for that, but I sold it at a great profit way back, and used the proceeds to climb the real estate ladder.

I always felt like I was taking advantage of a “system”
That wasn’t fair and just, in the sense that societial peace, harmony, can only come from stable neighborhoods.
Folks need a stake in the “common-welfare” of where they live....
It is like a extended family.
When prices restrict young families from “putting down roots” in the name of “profit” we lose something way more valuable.

I cast no stones, as my house is of glass, but I would greatly welcome a restriction on the profit folks can get on the sale of homes.

I am not sure how we get back there, maybe that is what Trump means by making America great again........
Except it needs to be available to all comers, not just the dominant races of the past....
Parts of the past was great, for many, not so much, for others, but that does not mean we can’t make it great for all.
Just takes a little less of self and a little more of others, first...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/23/18 at 05:35:37

Oh indeed, a byproduct of capitalism is greed.

Maybe, maybe not, but certainly byproducts of capitalism are  better living conditions, longer life and a  cleaner environment.

When prices restrict young families from “putting down roots” in the name of “profit” we lose something way more valuable.
Again, maybe, maybe not. I'm leaning towards maybe, but have to consider that maybe not is an option.

One thing is true, the price of almost every single item goes down over time.... with certain key exceptions. Real estate, taxes and college education are the three biggest exceptions I can think of.  In the US, healthcare insurance cost has also increased. Interestingly, other insurance cost like property and causality have decrease).

What other good or service has increased in cost?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 07/23/18 at 07:48:04

Mark, capitalism most definitely offers a person born into poverty the best chance to rise out of it.
Look at the competing world today, so many folks are still held in place by a caste system, but through economic opportunities more are rising out of it than ever before.

Longevity is adding a great cost to our society, as it will to the world population, as standard of living rises with economic opportunities.
We might find abortion troubling, wait until you see forced death in countries that do not want to waste resources on the old and maim, so other healthy can access and utilize the resources more productively.

Price control is a difficult subject to broach, it really is a double-edge sword
But a free market, is not a fair market, when the wealthy control so much of the freedom.
Look at Trump and tariffs.
Look at the USA as your family, and other countries as vendors.
You want to buy/trade for a product at the same rate your neighbor does, not more.
If the local market charged him a dollar for a loaf of bread, but wanted to charge you two dollars, you would not shop there.
Nor would you work a job/trade at a lessor rate/exchange, than what they offer your neighbor for the same product or job.
That might be considered unfair job/trade practice.
Wasn’t the “unfairness” in the labor market that gave rise to unions?
It seems we need to strike a balance, and that appears a little harder to agree upon.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 07/23/18 at 08:11:52

We might find abortion troubling, wait until you see forced death in countries that do not want to waste resources on the old and maim, so other healthy can access and utilize the resources more productively.
That happens now in nations with socialized healthcare. The recent baby who was starved to death by Britain and the child who was kept imprisoned in a British hospital until he died was done because if they had gotten better care and lived, the NHS would be on the hook for medical expenses for the rest of their lives so they were killed off to save money. That's happening now.

Trump's tariff approach is in response to tariff's imposed on the US, not brand new ones out of the blue.

question: Does BMW need the US market to sell cars in more or less than Ford needs the German market? does China need the US market more or less than the US needs the Chinese market?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 07/23/18 at 09:44:50

Trump's tariff approach is in response to tariff's imposed on the US, not brand new ones out of the blue.

I am aware of that, that is why I posted as such, but it is being portrayed as a bad thing, mostly.

question: Does BMW need the US market to sell cars in more or less than Ford needs the German market? does China need the US market more or less than the US needs the Chinese market?

That has always been the riddle to marketing.
Is more always better, or selected markets and sells.

I do not believe its a simple answer, mostly because the market is fluid....
Lots of variables involved.
However, you still see ads for the Clapper and Pet Rocks  Grin

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 07/23/18 at 09:50:49

"question: Does BMW need the US market to sell cars in more or less than Ford needs the German market? does China need the US market more or less than the US needs the Chinese market?"

I agree with the previous post that the answer to that question will change regularly as the process of economic trade is in constant flux.

Its not as simple as saying the Chinese need US consumers, or US prices will skyrocket if China stops producing.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 07/23/18 at 10:06:28

No, you're both missing the point. It has nothing to do with marketing.

I do not belief the tariffs (if they all actually end up being imposed) will have much effect on the big picture.

The reality is BMW needs the US market for it's cars and motorcycles far more than Ford needs the German market. So if Trump puts a tariff on BMW's (I'm using this only as an example) in retaliation for Germany's tariff's on Fords, then the price of a BMW may increase to a point that sales suffer.... bigly. At that point, both BMW and Germany have a decision.

BMW could decide to exit the US market or just accept lower sales. Or they could decide to build a production facility in the US to avoid the tariff. Germany may do the math and decide the revenue they get from a tariff on Ford cars does not offset their loss of tax revenues from BMW's lower sales.

Now, I don't have the data, but I'm betting BMW needs the US market far more than Ford needs the German market.

Of course the growing middle class of India and even China throws more variables into the equation.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:34:01

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › About China......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.