Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Treason to reason (Read 95 times)
NHLycan

Nice forum!

New Hampshire
Treason to reason
07/16/18 at 13:49:59

I'm told that one of the flaws with Turing tests is our tendency to ascribe humanity to objects; anthropomorphisms. We project our minds onto nothing. Shapes in the clouds have meaning for some as well. Astrology.
How many stories have we read where the protagonist is any one of several species of small furry animals?  Seems legit at the time.
Think Bambi.
Consciousness, it's everywhere!

And then I talk to people and the hatred they feel for their fellow man just scares me. Caging children. Describing immigrants as an infestation. Forcing raped 13 year olds to get married to and have the children of their rapists. Turning blind eyes towards the continuous abuse of POC. Forcing the ill into bankruptcy. Incarcerating substance abuse sufferers.

And then finally blaming others for making them do it.
I am starting to think these people would fail a Turing Test. The misanthropy is too pronounced to be real. It's like something from a Bond villain.

It's probably useless to dwell too deeply on the internal experience of others but dear God, there is something broken in there.

And then there's treason.

We are under attack from a foreign country. They want us hobbled or destroyed. They can't match us in conventional war. They can't match us in economic war. So they choose subversion and disorder, the battleground of their expertise.

This shouldn't be effective. A sensible people would see the attack for what it is and respond in a way that makes it clear to our enemies that the cost, chosen by us to inflict maximum pain, isn't worth it. The message should be clear; you won't declare war on us and prosper.

But now? No.

A sizable minority of our population has thrown their lot in with our enemies. The reasons for this are usually ascribed to the lowest form of tribalism. One political tribe has decided that cleaving to our enemies is better than admitting a mistake. That normally wouldn't be enough. Calmer heads would prevail. Patriotism is inculcated in us from childhood. Tribalism has it's limits.

But then you add in the misanthropy.

Their hatred for their fellow man blinds them to their disloyalty. They simply cannot see what they are doing. It's almost involuntary. News which calls into question their perspective gets flushed down the memory hole. The very existence of such news is hidden away. They shelter their minds in bubbles of self reinforcing noise. Is the hate so very comfortable? I don't know. It's probably more like heroin. After a while, you don't enjoy it, you just need it.

The 'why' doesn't matter.  It's the treason that matters.

Our spies, cops and soldiers tell us we are under attack. An attack on our system of governance. And that part of the attack was focused on installing our current chief executive. And that chief executive is terminally compromised.

Instead of taking action proportionate and appropriate, we argue amongst ourselves. While our enemies laugh at us. This is how empires fall; rotting from within.

New Hampshire. 2003 SL650. 13k miles. Raptor installed. Versy adjuster. Rotella 6 w/zinc. Idle mix plug out. Seat front up 1". Owned since July 2013. Mechanically inclined. Better cook than mechanic.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Treason to reason
Reply #1 - 07/16/18 at 14:23:08

I agree with part of this.  For instance I don't know why so many people won't accept digital activity as actual attack.  Why does a country have to physically harm us by means of kinetic assault to count as an attack on our country?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 07/16/18 at 14:32:38

Well said, Lycan...  Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 07/16/18 at 14:33:50

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #4 - 07/16/18 at 14:36:50

@NHLycan

Thank you for taking the time to post an accurate and heartfelt overview of the current political climate in America.

Indeed after today's disgraceful abasement of the Presidency and consequently the entire United States at Helsinki we must indeed wonder at what is going on.

I suppose that we will just have to see this current presidency as if we are looking back in history, for surely there will be worse to come before the truth at what Russia must have over Trump comes out, or maybe it really is all about money for Trump, maybe he really couldn't give a f.uck about America or the damage he's doing as long as he can use the office of the President for personal gain.

We'll find out eventually.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #5 - 07/16/18 at 15:08:33

raydawg wrote on 07/16/18 at 14:33:50:

Ya gotta be kidding, the, Trump Haters at all costs,
will, never, Never, NEVER,  read the Truth !
And if they do, they will shut their mouth, and continue on, Hating Trump, at All, (made up) Costs !

"... the violation of both American and international law did not stop Obama from intervening repeatedly in the elections of other nations. Moreover, most of Obama’s meddling was known by many foreign correspondents and if it was reported at all, it was downplayed. Most certainly, the media did not condemn it nor drop hints about impeaching Obama...."

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 07/16/18 at 15:12:25

eau de sauvage wrote on 07/16/18 at 14:36:50:
@NHLycan

Thank you for taking the time to post an accurate and heartfelt overview of the current political climate in America.

Indeed after today's disgraceful abasement of the Presidency and consequently the entire United States at Helsinki we must indeed wonder at what is going on.

I suppose that we will just have to see this current presidency as if we are looking back in history, for surely there will be worse to come before the truth at what Russia must have over Trump comes out, or maybe it really is all about money for Trump, maybe he really couldn't give a f.uck about America or the damage he's doing as long as he can use the office of the President for personal gain.

We'll find out eventually.

ripe......

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 07/16/18 at 15:23:36

MnSpring wrote on 07/16/18 at 15:08:33:
raydawg wrote on 07/16/18 at 14:33:50:

Ya gotta be kidding, the, Trump Haters at all costs,
will, never, Never, NEVER,  read the Truth !
And if they do, they will shut their mouth, and continue on, Hating Trump, at All, (made up) Costs !

"... the violation of both American and international law did not stop Obama from intervening repeatedly in the elections of other nations. Moreover, most of Obama’s meddling was known by many foreign correspondents and if it was reported at all, it was downplayed. Most certainly, the media did not condemn it nor drop hints about impeaching Obama...."

Gee, all of a sudden its considered intolerant, to not view opposing briefs.....

What ever happened to the political correctness?

When its others deciding whats correct....HAHAHA  Grin

You guys made your bed, be man enuff to lay in it and not whimper.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/16/18 at 15:55:47

And then I talk to people and the hatred they feel for their fellow man just scares me

I don't hate my fellow man and I resent you saying I do just because I have a different political ideology than you. I'm sure when the last President was killing with drones, you wouldn't have accepted the charge that you hated your fellow man.

What's your solution to illegal immigration?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 07/16/18 at 16:14:50

WebsterMark wrote on 07/16/18 at 15:55:47:
And then I talk to people and the hatred they feel for their fellow man just scares me

I don't hate my fellow man and I resent you saying I do just because I have a different political ideology than you. I'm sure when the last President was killing with drones, you wouldn't have accepted the charge that you hated your fellow man.

What's your solution to illegal immigration?

Hate..... like in Berkeley?

Hate, like in tossing a drink in a kids face?

Come back when you want to engage, your silly one way indignation is lame.  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/16/18 at 16:30:16

NHLycan could just as easily be any number of those hyper partisans with selective memory who convinced themselves they're special. I'm sure Nhl locks his doors at night, probably has a fence around his yard, if he's got kids he's selective with who they play with, avoids dangerous neighborhoods etc...  But when the nation tries to take the same logical steps to protect itself and citizens, it's a sign of evil.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. Pick one and live it.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 07/16/18 at 16:42:58

WebsterMark wrote on 07/16/18 at 16:30:16:
NHLycan could just as easily be any number of those hyper partisans with selective memory who convinced themselves they're special. I'm sure Nhl locks his doors at night, probably has a fence around his yard, if he's got kids he's selective with who they play with, avoids dangerous neighborhoods etc...  But when the nation tries to take the same logical steps to protect itself and citizens, it's a sign of evil.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. Pick one and live it.

Clinton is evil.

They destroyed lives.

They colluded against Bernie's FREE ELECTION.

That was their Queen.

And they have the gall......LOL!

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 07/16/18 at 16:54:51

I don't think anyone has said Obama didn't make bad choices.  Where is this coming from?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 07/16/18 at 17:46:16

They let obama slide......

He made all sorts of deals, meddle in elections, chastised opposition, took credit for anything good, his favorite word was “I”.

The left/liberals created this mess, they own, Hillary called folks deplorable, WTF is that, eh?

Own it, move on, learn.

You want to divide folks, then don’t be surprised when it happens....

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 07/17/18 at 09:39:40

Eegore wrote on 07/16/18 at 16:54:51:
 I don't think anyone has said Obama didn't make bad choices.  Where is this coming from?

it's from the Soviet playbook. it's called whataboutism.  

there's really no comparison, Do you want to be a Russian property?

yes, we do it too, so what, don't you want more nations on our side? On the side of AMERICA?  don't you want to spread American ideals? or are you fine with them self-determining themselves into the next Saudi Arabia or Chad or etc .....  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/14/24 at 09:14:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Treason to reason

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.