Send Topic Print
God save the Queen (Read 71 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

God save the Queen
07/14/18 at 07:03:04

The Queen gets what the traitorous leftist are incapable of understanding.

"The foreign leader who said it best last week was the Queen, though she didn't really say a word. I have met Her Majesty from time to time (I am one of her Canadian subjects), and to put it at its mildest, for those with a taste for American vernacular politics, she can be a little stiff: the Queen stands on ceremony and she has a lot of ceremony to stand on. But on Thursday, for the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, she ordered the Coldstream Guards to play "The Star-Spangled Banner" – the first time a foreign anthem had been played at the ceremony.

The following day something even more unprecedented happened: at Britain's memorial service for the war dead of last Tuesday, the first chords of "The Star-Spangled Banner" rumbled up from the great organ at St Paul's Cathedral, and the Queen did something she's never done before – she sang a foreign national anthem, all the words. She doesn't sing her own obviously ("God Save Me"), but she's never sung "La Marseillaise" or anything else, either; her lips never move.

And at that same service she also sang "The Battle Hymn Of The Republic", for the second time in her life – the first was at the funeral of her first Prime Minister, Winston Churchill. On Friday, she fought back tears. When she ascended the throne, Harry Truman was in the White House. The first President she got to know was Eisenhower, back in the war, when he would come to the Palace to brief her father. She is the head of state of most of the rest of the English-speaking world – Queen of Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Bahamas, Belize, Papua New Guinea, Tuvalu, etc. But she understands something that few other leaders of the west seem to - that today the ultimate guarantor of the peace and liberty of her realms is the United States. If America falls, or is diminished, or retreats in on itself, there is no "free world". That's the meaning of the Queen's "Ich bin ein Amerikaaner" moment."

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: God save the Queen
Reply #1 - 07/14/18 at 08:36:36

She just loves Trump... Kiss

70 years on the throne has taught her to repress her gag reflex...  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/14/18 at 11:10:56

This was after Sept 11th.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 07/14/18 at 13:17:24

Serowbot wrote on 07/14/18 at 08:36:36:
She just loves Trump... Kiss

70 years on the throne has taught her to repress her gag reflex...  Huh

Maybe you MISSED IT

She
NEVER
Sang before.
She SEES who Trump is.
The Leader he is.
And the Goals he has.
Sad for lefties that they fight against what is best for America.
He's NOT the nutjob warmonger you people accused him of being.
And that bugs you.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/14/18 at 14:08:36

Where is this article from?  When did this happen?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 07/14/18 at 15:54:49

The POINT stresses E.
He runs sideways.
Have an underling find it

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/14/18 at 17:33:54

They are employees.  Since I treat each of you with respect and keep my communication here professional I suppose making fun the way I do things, and the people I work with is about all the ammunition you have.

I'm not in the habit of asking people their opinion on things and saying I saw it on some motorcycle forum.  I provide references.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/15/18 at 05:37:19

To clarify, this was after Sept 11th. But the point is still valid, at least mostly valid. The USA is still the top dog in the world and the world is a far better place because of that fact. 10 years from now, 20 years, who's to say if that will still be true. If not, who will be? China would be my bet.

If liberals continue dominating, minus a 4 or 8 year mini-salvation from Trump, the US will continue its 30 year long slide towards looking like a slightly more prosperous version of present-day Mexico.

They'll miss us when were gone.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 07/15/18 at 07:22:59

The era of America's global leadership ended when Trump took office.
Our allies hate us, and our enemies laugh in our face.
That's MAGA for you...

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #9 - 07/15/18 at 08:05:49

Lets face it, Brittania no longer rules the waves.  Rome wasn't built in a day and is a shadow of its former glory. Even Egypt only has a few sandy pyramids and pet kitty's to remind us of its great days.  The Boss got it, Glory Days.

The sad truth is that cheap labor allows companies to go where its cheapest to build products and that is seldom in the reigning Biggie,  as the cost of living always grows when you have resplendent clothing (eg 1000 dollar handbags), multiple layers of government workers (including vast military) and magnificent trophy buildings.

You can try to stem the tide with tariffs but only for a while.  What those silly Clintons tried to do was maintain our international status with new forms of income, intellectual property and scientific endeavors that poor nations can't easily produce without the educational infrastructure.  

Thankfully Trump wants to bow to the 50's and the undereducated masses who were able to make a living wage digging coal and making cars (both types of jobs lost to robotics - not aliens).  This back to the 50's will hasten our descent from greatness.  Why is this good?  Fewer people will have the funds to support Trump's palaces and they will default. Grin

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/15/18 at 08:21:10

Is there a link to this article anywhere?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 07/15/18 at 09:14:13

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #12 - 07/15/18 at 16:19:05

WebsterMark wrote on 07/15/18 at 05:37:19:
The USA is still the top dog in the world and the world is a far better place because of that fact.

That can be debated to some extent. I am grateful that USA is there to cover our backs, but I do not see America as infallible saints, either. While USA have done a lot of good things for the world, they have also made more than one bad thing. They supported Saddam Hussein, South-African apartheid, have sponsored plenty of terrorism, the wars in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan have not turned things to the better etc.

That said, I definitely prefer to have USA as the world's leading nation over China or Russia. In fact, I cannot see any other nation doing the job any better. Or as well. That doesn't mean USA doesn't have room for improvement  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 07:02:22

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › God save the Queen

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.