Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
If you care to read....... (Read 241 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: If you care to read.......
Reply #15 - 07/13/18 at 14:28:40

Yes, be open minded and search for truth.

Not sure if folks really understand truth......????

It is not a total sum, nor is it abstract, however, it is not constant, either....
It can appear subjective, but is it?
Maybe its just depends on our perspective at the moment, as in, " What am I looking for, and why?"

Let me share this about me, in my quest, to find the Truth of God.
I think I am not alone in this mindset, and I believe as well, that this "truth quest" causes lots of confusions, because we listen to others telling us what truth is, honestly  Grin

I "tried" for religious understanding for what seemed like FOREVER....
I wanted accolades, and praise, by "religious folk" for when I did the religious rituals....
I thought the "church" would validate me, and I guess I could then, believe it as truth that I was worthy, saved, and right, with nothing but goodness, happiness, and everything else, a good boy deserves  Embarrassed

I tried, tried, tried, knowing I COULD NEVER LIVE UP TO SUCH A TASK AND STANDARD.

I was doomed before I really even tried  Tongue

Not until I got frank, and honest, with God.....
Telling him the "truth" about how I felt.
About how all this crap has gotten me no wheres.
How he seems to pick favorites.
How he lets bad people win.
How he seems unjust.
And how I even doubted he was real.....
You might say, I was at the end of my rope.

It was strange....
Once I got out my "truth" of how I REALLY FELT, did I feel like I finally had his attention.
He didn't want me to pretend, he wanted me to be honest.
He already knew how I felt, he was just waiting for me to own it.
That was the "truth"
Now since we are starting with the truth, maybe we can build upon it?

You can lie to a boss.
You can lie to your spouse.
You can lie about your golf score........  Wink
And you might think you got away with it.
However, again, you can't lie to yourself.
And you can't lie to God, period.

You don't really know how old the rocks are, do you?
You are relying on what others have been taught.
That is not truth, its a guess.
Could they be right, absolutely.
Does that fact erase God's testimony?
Nope.
For if "that" God CAN create, like he says he can, do you think he has the capacity, ability, knowledge to create a red herring to, as a means to really see how truthful folks are when confessing their faith?
He already knows the answers, but he is not above using props, and parables, for clues that a honest, desiring heart, might find.

That is a truth only you can ask yourself, no one else can answer that for you.
Well, not until the end of this world, anyway, but by then, the table will be cleared, cards put back, no more bets allowed.
The winners will rejoice, the losers, paying a great debt, forevermore, or....
A push, its all dust and matter....
All that is left is only one question, and one truthful answer, and only can be answered by one person.
Did you spend your life joyously, or regretfully, by what you believed this day would bring?

I "truthfully" wish each, and everyone, who reads my stupidity......lol!
The best choice, for them......

Can I get a......AMEN  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #16 - 07/13/18 at 14:32:20

My question to that would be; why do you want a god to exist in the first place?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 07/13/18 at 15:19:21

He fills a void, a riddle, give life meaning.....
With that, listening, studying, it gives me direction.
For me it’s very sustainable and constant.
It’s like breathing, naturally, after having been suffocated by all the other dogmas in life.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 07/13/18 at 16:20:11

raydawg wrote on 07/13/18 at 15:19:21:
He fills a void, a riddle, give life meaning.....
With that, listening, studying, it gives me direction.

And what if life doesn't have meaning?...
Meaning would be nice,.. but wishful thinking doesn't make it so.
Dogs live a life without meaning,... so do all the other creatures.  
With meaning in question,.. I prefer to live a life that I find meaningful, not one that is dictated by a book of questionable source.  
The Bible says many good things, but also some horrible things.
When you wonder how you can moral without God,.. ask yourself how you know those horrible things are wrong.
Stoning adulterous women, slavery, incest, killing children.
The "Good" book says many things we as a society no longer tolerate.

The Bible doesn't really teach morality,.. it teaches abject obedience.  
True obedience to God would require actual deeds of cruelty and suffering.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #19 - 07/13/18 at 16:35:06

I read your first line/question, what if life has no meaning....
I will field this before reading anything else, and remember, this is my “truth” at a very low gut level, WHICH would change with, and as, exceptions are neeeded....

If it had no meaning, then I would do whatever it takes to satisfy my most urgent whim.
I would care not about anyone else, just my own welfare.
If a person was pretty, and I was horny, I would force my way upon her until I was satisfied.
Dito, if I wanted whatever it was that you had.
I want it, would be my motivation.
No meaning, just simple satisfaction.

I will come back and fill in any needed material after I read your post in total.

He’s back.

Dogs, animals, have no free will.
Left to their own accord and natural instincts before domestication, they are pretty much like my first response to you.

I never said you couldn’t have morals sans the Bible.
That’s a absurd statement.

You do live according to a “code” now, whether you believe that or not, is immaterial.
Go fly a 747.
Just take all your friends with you, tell them it’s cool, I’ll Just wing it  Grin

Life is way more complicated than the flightdeck of a 747.

Ok, I need to go check the rest of your post.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #20 - 07/13/18 at 16:40:43

So,.. the Bible holds sociopaths in check...
What about those of us that aren't mentally disturbed?...
I

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #21 - 07/13/18 at 16:42:43

Serowbot wrote on 07/13/18 at 16:40:43:
So,.. the Bible holds sociopaths in check...
What about those of us that aren't mentally disturbed?...
I

You made a social judgement based on what?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #22 - 07/13/18 at 16:46:18

I better answer here....
I am already getting lost  Grin

The Bible is not a blueprint.
You can’t put the Bible in that context.
It will never work.

We are back to square one, really....
You are trying to understand something according to what You presently can’t.....

I know this, it’s my story, I tried to understand, it made no sense and was as boring as hell!

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #23 - 07/14/18 at 14:06:40

Perhaps the biggest issue with believing in something abstract is just that; belief. Or faith. If god was almighty, he could just arrange the stars so it read I AM HERE in any and every language. Or do something only a god could do. No need to do this faith thing. Faith suggests, to me, that it is man made and not real. But I do not know that for a fact, it just makes more sense to me than an abstract god.

Another issue with Christ's dad, usually referred to as God, and his set of rules, is that whether or not you get the big prize in the form of eternal life in Paradise comes down to two things; faith in him and honest regret of your sins. I'd actually rather rot in Hell than go with such a God that doesn't judge me on how I have lived my life and my ratio of good to bad actions, but to whether or not I believed in his existence.

To me that is a bit like only loving those of your kids that do what you tell them without question and turn the back on those that want to find their own way, no matter how nice they are.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 07/14/18 at 15:57:08

Looks like we will never meet.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #25 - 07/15/18 at 15:41:16

I hope not  Grin

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #26 - 07/15/18 at 16:35:38

faffi wrote on 07/14/18 at 14:06:40:
"... Another issue with Christ's dad, usually referred to as God, and his set of rules, is that whether or not you get the big prize in the form of eternal life in Paradise comes down to two things; faith in him and honest regret of your sins. I'd actually rather rot in Hell than go with such a God that doesn't judge me on how I have lived my life and my ratio of good to bad actions, but to whether or not I believed in his existence. ..."  

I see, so their is only ONE  religion ?  The one you describe ?  Are all the others as bad,  or are they good ?

Be careful now, think about it, if you say, Muslim faith is bad, like you say one other faith is bad.

You may be  a, Racist !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #27 - 07/16/18 at 14:13:02

I consider all the major religions to be equal. Apparently, the 27 largest religions all have a story about global flooding, and also most seems to share other episodes from what I'm told. But I do not know enough about the others (that is, apart from Christianity) to comment about what they think happens after death or what you must do (if anything) to receive some kind of perks after your perish from this earth.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #28 - 07/16/18 at 15:37:19

faffi wrote on 07/16/18 at 14:13:02:
I consider all the major religions to be equal. Apparently, the 27 largest religions all have a story about global flooding, and also most seems to share other episodes from what I'm told. But I do not know enough about the others (that is, apart from Christianity) to comment about what they think happens after death or what you must do (if anything) to receive some kind of perks after your perish from this earth.

"...I consider all the major religions to be equal...."
That, Muslim, exists in that figure, of the 27 largest.
Congratulation, you are,   Racist !

How does it feel, to be called,  Racist ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 07/17/18 at 06:43:33

faffi wrote on 07/14/18 at 14:06:40:
Perhaps the biggest issue with believing in something abstract is just that; belief. Or faith. If god was almighty, he could just arrange the stars so it read I AM HERE in any and every language. Or do something only a god could do. No need to do this faith thing. Faith suggests, to me, that it is man made and not real. But I do not know that for a fact, it just makes more sense to me than an abstract god.

Another issue with Christ's dad, usually referred to as God, and his set of rules, is that whether or not you get the big prize in the form of eternal life in Paradise comes down to two things; faith in him and honest regret of your sins. I'd actually rather rot in Hell than go with such a God that doesn't judge me on how I have lived my life and my ratio of good to bad actions, but to whether or not I believed in his existence.

To me that is a bit like only loving those of your kids that do what you tell them without question and turn the back on those that want to find their own way, no matter how nice they are.

faffi, Christianity is NOT like all other religions. in fact it is quite unique. All other religions are based upon what we call works or the things you do to be better or worse and therefore if you do the right things you gain the prize.

Actually Christianity stands by itself as a unique religion.

Yes God could make it obvious, but if that were done where would there be room for Love?

All other religion is based on the notion that man is capable of being good and living up to what is right. Christianity says that NO MAN is capable of being good enough. In all other religions you do your best and die and go to judgement. In Christianity God came to the world and gave his life to pay YOUR penalty so that you can escape judgement. God expressed his love for you when he did this.

In Christianity God loves his children and wants to have a relationship with you, however he does not force this upon you, it is your choice. There is much we do not know about the REWARD. What we do know is God gives you a choice, do you want to spend eternity with him or do you want to spend eternity without him.

God allows this choice because it is an expression of his Love to you and an expression of your Love to him.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 07:44:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › If you care to read.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.