Great idea..... (Read 94 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Great idea.....
07/11/18 at 17:30:05

To combat the homeless problem in San Francisco, Breed wants to, among other things, improve hospital and hospice care for the homeless, open safe injection sites for drug users, have medical teams on the streets deal with overdoses and construct permanent housing for the city’s homeless.

Not.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Great idea.....
Reply #1 - 07/11/18 at 18:48:21

I hope the idiots who made that mess don't move to Texas and vote for the same stewpidshitt that wrecked California.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 07/11/18 at 19:17:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/11/18 at 18:48:21:
I hope the idiots who made that mess don't move to Texas and vote for the same stewpidshitt that wrecked California.

Never happen in Texas.
Instead of all these nice enabling perks that allow them to live their destructive lifestyle, Texas would just give each one a gun, and one bullet.
It would solve lots of their problems, quickly.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 07/11/18 at 19:21:11

Quote:
construct permanent housing for the city’s homeless.

That'll fix it. They won't be homeless once all the new houses get built and they move 'em in.  New mayor's a genius. Wonder why nobody else thought of that ? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Oughta give 'em all jobs too. How about  "Designated Democrat Voter." Only have to work for a couple of minutes every four years.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/11/18 at 19:33:00

Clean injection sites do save money on the back end.

Unless we do something about requiring medical centers to treat all  people that come into them, or otherwise protect the medical staff that tell homeless addicts that they can't receive care.

In Utah creating a homeless community was cheaper than jailing them.  So in certain places, some of these things work to save some taxpayer money.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/12/18 at 06:11:45

You know this kind of stuff has always bothered me. I have two brothers and a son that are type one diabetics. Due to no fault of there own by their lifestyle or habits, they require insulin, needles, blood sugar monitors to just live. NO ONE cares about providing this stuff for them! Why do people think it is my responsibility to provide for health issues for people that are sick by their own choices.

Before you beat me up for a lack of compassion when I was young I was a drug addict and an alcoholic too. So what! Catering to this just allows it to continue. When an addict is sick and tired enough of living like that they will do something about it or die, it is their choice. I did. I never had the Government take care of me. There are a lot of places run by private organizations that will provide help if someone wants it.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/12/18 at 06:41:52

"addict is sick and tired enough of living like that they will do something about it or die, it is their choice"

The problem here is that medical centers can not just let an addict that was dropped off die without breaking the law.  So in a way many do not have the choice, unless they shoot up in private where nobody will try to get them medical attention.

Also there's ones that keep coming in for treatment, for years and years and the cost of that is very high.  Clean needles are cheaper, in some communities, in certain circumstances, so from a cost perspective it is a good choice sometimes.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/12/18 at 07:02:47

Eegore wrote on 07/12/18 at 06:41:52:
"addict is sick and tired enough of living like that they will do something about it or die, it is their choice"

The problem here is that medical centers can not just let an addict that was dropped off die without breaking the law.  So in a way many do not have the choice, unless they shoot up in private where nobody will try to get them medical attention.

Also there's ones that keep coming in for treatment, for years and years and the cost of that is very high.  Clean needles are cheaper, in some communities, in certain circumstances, so from a cost perspective it is a good choice sometimes.

Yes I understand what you are saying. It is a dilemma. But at some point we have to stop catering to bad behavior. Bringing people to a Medical facility to fix a self induced problem just so they can go out and do it all over again makes no sense.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #8 - 07/12/18 at 07:14:08

Mn - I believe that universal health care such as Obamacare did just that, provided the necessary tools for diabetics. Wink

I am curious, did you have access to a gun when you were an addict?

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/12/18 at 07:39:16

I am curious, did you have access to a gun when you were an addict? [/quote]

That is a loaded question that has nothing to do with the subject but I assume since no one was aware of my addiction but me and my family that I could have purchased a gun. I did not ever try, I spent all my money on my addiction.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #10 - 07/12/18 at 08:01:14

Just curious, as Rawdawg had made the suggestion...

As an aside to the topic, I am in awe of anyone who can overcome an addiction to drugs, good for you.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 07/12/18 at 08:22:50

As an aside to the topic, I am in awe of anyone who can overcome an addiction to drugs, good for you. [/quote]

Real quickly I will tell you the 30 sec. story. When I was 29 I woke up in a hospital and was told 1 would not live another year due to my alcoholism and drug abuse. I drank a half gallon of bourbon everyday for years. Anyway I went home and got drunk. I didn't want to die, I had a 2 year old son. I took out my Bible and started reading. One day I got on my knees and told God this was out of my control, I could not stop and if he had plans for my life he would have to do something. I also promised that if he would save my life that what I had left live would be devoted to him. Selfish I know. But God does not ask us to come with the right motivation, he just ask us to come.

Anyway, over the next 6 months through what I would tell you was miraculous events I met my problem head on and that was 34 years ago and I have not had a drink or used drugs since.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 07/12/18 at 08:55:13

Eegore wrote on 07/11/18 at 19:33:00:
 Clean injection sites do save money on the back end.

Unless we do something about requiring medical centers to treat all  people that come into them, or otherwise protect the medical staff that tell homeless addicts that they can't receive care.

In Utah creating a homeless community was cheaper than jailing them.  So in certain places, some of these things work to save some taxpayer money.

Cheaper.....how so?

At the moment?

What happens when the need increases because of enabling them, then you tell them no more, or just expand, expand, expand?

You go to any pubic campground in the USA,
Right smack dab at the toll booth, in BIG letters, they tell you...

DO NOT FEED THE WILD ANIMALS.

You wanna hazard a guess why?

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #13 - 07/12/18 at 09:22:50

Mn - Your story reinforces my belief in the belief in God; for many adults we come back to God when faced with a situation we feel we can't control.  Call it looking for help in all the right places; and belief is NOT a logical thing,  it is spiritual (making Pascal's Wager a bit useless).  

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 07/12/18 at 09:24:41

MShipley wrote on 07/12/18 at 08:22:50:
As an aside to the topic, I am in awe of anyone who can overcome an addiction to drugs, good for you.

Real quickly I will tell you the 30 sec. story. When I was 29 I woke up in a hospital and was told 1 would not live another year due to my alcoholism and drug abuse. I drank a half gallon of bourbon everyday for years. Anyway I went home and got drunk. I didn't want to die, I had a 2 year old son. I took out my Bible and started reading. One day I got on my knees and told God this was out of my control, I could not stop and if he had plans for my life he would have to do something. I also promised that if he would save my life that what I had left live would be devoted to him. Selfish I know. But God does not ask us to come with the right motivation, he just ask us to come.

Anyway, over the next 6 months through what I would tell you was miraculous events I met my problem head on and that was 34 years ago and I have not had a drink or used drugs since.
[/quote]

No drug, nothing even prescribed?

I have shared my overcoming many times here as well.....
Just had another sober birthday on the 4th.

Re: drugs.

I have had dental work, triple hernia surgery, as well as my cancers....
I needed pain meds.

I told every doctor right up front, about my addicting personality.
One told me he wasn't worried, because I had the honesty to tell him about it.....
I said, not good enuff, you are getting paid to perform this procedure, and you are IN CHARGE of my drug use/needs, to get over this surgery.
Do NOT listen to me if I call with a excuse to needing more pain meds, I am really good at convincing others of my needs, when I am under their spell......
He looked at me, just stared real hard into my eyes.....
I didn't drop off my gaze, but met his full on.

He finally gave me a small nod, and dropped his gaze.
I could tell I made some kind of connection, a understanding, in his life.
I hope it was the very fact that saying NO, is better than giving in, to a patience who whines for more meds.

Its like this.
You wanna lose weight?
Decide your portions before you sit at the table, and STICK TO IT.....
Its YOU putting that fork or spoon, into your mouth, NOT the Chefs.....

Also, my "drugs" were left in plain view on the counter, so my wife could also have peace of mind, if she wanted to count them to see if I wasn't taking them as prescribed.
I never asked her if she did, nor do I do this as a safe guard, delegating MY responsibilities to self, with her being the warden.....

Yes, the draw is different for everyone.....
Some will never get fat, nor become addicts and rummies, but that is beside the point.
Everyone has a mind (mostly)  and a FREE will, therefor, its up to YOU, to ask for help, plain and simple.

BTW, that euphoria, the effect, of pain meds is real, like a flame to a moth, I feel its draw.
I want more, this feels GREAT.....
You just don't, you can't, its a lie.
It's only MASKING the pain, NOT taking it away.

The "pain" in the lives of alcoholics and addicts IS REAL, fix that, not mask it.... By continual and habitual using of booze and drugs.  

You CAN fix your pain, that is VERY DOABLE, and the freedom of escaping a vicious cycle of addiction alone, will bring you such joy you will wonder why you didn't choose it years ago....
That doesn't matter tho, as today you can. and tomorrow will bring more promise, building upon each sober day  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 09:42:48

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Great idea.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.