Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Chrissy Tiegen blocked by Trump (Read 216 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: Chrissy Tiegen blocked by Trump
Reply #15 - 07/10/18 at 18:43:00

MShipley wrote on 07/10/18 at 06:08:02:
WOW, this is important!

Why would the president of the US violating the constitution that he has sworn to protect. Is this the gist of your post?

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #16 - 07/10/18 at 18:46:44

Nevertheless first amendment and all that, the point was that the US has a freaking man/baby clown as a president. This will not end well.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/10/18 at 19:43:17

"I can screen calls.
His public account is his."

Did you even look at the information provided?  There's a 54 page document outlining how a Twitter account is not personal if used to represent a government official.  

If someone writes letters to the president that's bullshit of any direction the president can not block that person from sending more mail to the White House.  He can choose to not open the envelopes, and he can choose to not use Twitter.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 07/10/18 at 20:21:03

Phhht, I don't care

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 07/11/18 at 05:15:14

Caring doesn't change the fact that POTUS Twitter is protected, both ways, by the 1st Amendment.  

It will be important to future generations since these platforms will be the primary method of communication.  Similar to how letters were our grandparents method, and email is this generations.  Ignoring the changes in tech could result in the removal of rights by means of complacency over time.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 07/11/18 at 11:32:42

What I mean is there is NO length that people will not take to try to harm or discredit this president.  Do you really think this is worse than the Hillary E-mail issues? So what!  He unfriended someone.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 07/11/18 at 12:12:01

I don't think this is worse than Hillary's email issues.

He may have unfriended someone but he chose to do it on Twitter, and that medium is now protected, as long as he is using it as the President.

I realize its trivial, but triviality isn't how the 1st Amendment is evaluated and applied.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 07/11/18 at 12:15:10

I respect your view, i am not trying to be rude.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 07/11/18 at 12:20:07

I don't think you are being rude.  I see where you are coming from as well.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #24 - 07/11/18 at 15:08:20

I am not on twitter, some here may be. So those that are, is this how twitter works?

I believe if someone, ‘Blocks’ a person, it simply prevents those caustic comments from being viewed on the persons, ‘page’ who blocked them.

It does not prevent those words, from being posted on the, words writers page, or the word writers followers page/s.

It does not prevent, the poster, from seeing other words, the, ‘blocker’, said.
(for some that don’t understand, Trump blocking, Tiegen, does, NOT, prevent Tiegen, from seeing any words that Trump writes)

Is it not like, a person driving a car. Every morning at a stop sign, their is a person standing their, giving offense gestures/words. The driver does not drive that way anymore, so the driver is not subject to the offensive words/gestures.
The driver did Not, prevent, that person from making those gestures/words, or prevent the place where those things were said or done.
The driver simply went a different way.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 07/11/18 at 16:48:00

When blocked communication stops both ways.

Essentially Trump stopped Tiegen from being able to access his now considered official statements that should be made available to all.  

There are ways around it like looking at a friends Twitter feed, but that's like saying your TV is blocked and you have to go to a friends to watch a Presidential address, or mail the WH with a friends return mailing address.  You can also just make another Twitter account to see what is being posted, which I think is a small part of the 1st Amendment questioning.

I think the problem is that the tech portion isn't a cut and dry as websites or physical mail.  

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #26 - 07/12/18 at 00:43:55

MShipley wrote on 07/11/18 at 11:32:42:
What I mean is there is NO length that people will not take to try to harm or discredit this president.  

No one needs to do anything, he is already a liar and fraudster, he has broken all ethical rules in order to use the presidency to enrich himself. He boasts about sexually assaulting women. He discredits himself and dishonours the entire office of the President. He punishes the US's allies and befriends her enemies. He is also a coward who would embarrass and then sack his own secretary of State via twitter. Worst of all his entire mode of operation in order to shore up his minority presidency is do divide the American people and set them against each other using the most basic of human fears. He in a word is scum and no one needs to do anything other than to draw attention to his actions which he himself chooses to do. Go Figger.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #27 - 07/12/18 at 00:50:12

MShipley wrote on 07/11/18 at 11:32:42:
 He unfriended someone.

No he didn't 'unfriend' someone, he illegally, (because his potus account is an official WH account) blocked someone in violation of the 1st amendment. Small beer in regards to his other more serious ethical upendings. The fact that he seems to have encouraged you to deliberately lie (unfriend) in order to try and excuse him, is exactly how he has perverted the presidency to pit the people of America against each other.

He can have a private account and do what he wants, like everyone else.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #28 - 07/12/18 at 08:35:02

Eegore wrote on 07/11/18 at 16:48:00:
 When blocked communication stops both ways.  

Is their anyone else on twitter that can confirm or deny this ?
No need to join twitter to find out.

"...Essentially Trump stopped Tiegen from being able to access his now considered official statements that should be made available to all. ..."

I would like to see, the law, that now makes, twitters from Trump,  "...considered official statements ..."

I am not aware of any such laws, outside of, 'agency/s', (who have NO  power to make law),  have said it is.

Please inform us/me, where that 'law' resides.  
So it can be looked at.

Thanks.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #29 - 07/12/18 at 08:38:59

eau de sauvage wrote on 07/12/18 at 00:50:12:
No he didn't 'unfriend' someone, he illegally, (because his potus account is an official WH account) blocked someone in violation of the 1st amendment.  

The First Amendment don't matter any more...
Remember all that carrying the Constitution in your pocket, Tea Party stuff?...
That's over.
The Constitution isn't important anymore.
Trump says so...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 21:49:02

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Chrissy Tiegen blocked by Trump

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.