Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Chrissy Tiegen blocked by Trump (Read 216 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Chrissy Tiegen blocked by Trump
07/10/18 at 03:17:21

You couldn't make this up. She said 'no one likes you' so he blocks her on twitter. I'm not even sure that legal for him to block someone for fair comment on the official WH account. It's a violation of the 1st amendment.

You guys have a clown for a president. No wonder they are going to fly a giant baby (with tiny hands) over London for his visit.

https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/889832887041871873

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Chrissy Tiegen blocked by Trump
Reply #1 - 07/10/18 at 06:08:02

WOW, this is important!

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/10/18 at 06:34:37

MShipley wrote on 07/10/18 at 06:08:02:
WOW, this is important!

Is anything on here "important"?

I was under the impression that we were free to bring up issues for discussion here no matter the importance.  Personally I wonder if blocking people from WH official media is allowed, it may very well be a violation of the 1st Amendment.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 07/10/18 at 10:11:04

Eegore wrote on 07/10/18 at 06:34:37:
"...   I was under the impression that we were free to bring up issues for discussion here no matter the importance.  Personally I wonder if blocking people from WH official media is allowed, it may very well be a violation of the 1st Amendment.

Is a, ’Twitter’ account, a, ‘Official’ Government account?
I have not encountered any official data, or peer reviewed studies,  stating that is true.
The US Government does have, MANY, ‘official’ web presences.

Just don’t think a, ’social’ media account, of one person’s view of something, it at all or in any way, ‘officially the US Government’.
But by all means, if their is any, any,  official data, or peer reviewed studies,  stating that is true. by all means please forward it to us all.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/10/18 at 10:36:37

Is anything on here "important"?

I was under the impression that we were free to bring up issues for discussion here no matter the importance.  Personally I wonder if blocking people from WH official media is allowed, it may very well be a violation of the 1st Amendment. [/quote]

Ohhh, believe me Nothing here is important......

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 07/10/18 at 10:45:57

Trump can’t block users on Twitter, judge says
https://www.vox.com/2018/5/23/17385256/trump-twitter-lawsuit-block-users-loser
A federal judge ruled Wednesday that President Donald Trump has to stop blocking people on Twitter because it violates the First Amendment — the first time the courts have had to weigh in on presidential tweets.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/10/18 at 10:55:19

"Is a, ’Twitter’ account, a, ‘Official’ Government account?
I have not encountered any official data, or peer reviewed studies,  stating that is true.
The US Government does have, MANY, ‘official’ web presences.
"

Twitter accounts are official government record if they are representative of the official's position, this information is readily available and widespread:

https://www.archives.gov/presidential-libraries/laws/1978-act.html

Tweets are part of the official presidential record, and as such the White house is now archiving them:

https://www.archives.gov/files/press/press-releases/aotus-to-sens-mccaskill-c...

This includes records created on electronic platforms like email, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

As this is law there has been no studies done to my knowledge thus no peer reviewed submissions have taken place.  The clear documentation of law and government record does not represent a theory that can be tested.  

This is a comprehensive guide with many resources for government officials to stay within the federal guidelines for NARA:

http://www.businessofgovernment.org/sites/default/files/A%20Managers%20Guide%...

More sources:

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-02-01/donald-trumps-t...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-tweets-natio...

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/10/18 at 11:16:17

Here's some information that lays the groundwork for how modern social media platforms are considered official record:

The E-Government Act of 2002
December 17, 2002
Creates position of Chief Federal Information Officer. CIO’s job is to implement the act and ensure all agencies and branches of government enhance the use of the Internet as a resource to interact with American citizens.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-107publ347/pdf/PLAW-107publ347.pdf

Plain Writing Act of 2010
October 13, 2010
All government publications (including websites and linked to information on social media and the use of social media) must be written clearly with easy to understand language.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ274/pdf/PLAW-111publ274.pdf

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 07/10/18 at 13:05:59

Eegore wrote on 07/10/18 at 11:16:17:
 "...  information that lays the groundwork ..."

Interesting   ‘perception’.
The links provided, do NOT say anything about who Trump may block, on twitter or any other social media.  Could be a violation of the 1st.

The Closest,  is below. Where the questions come from a agency, who believes their $hit does not stink.
( NARA does not make “determinations” )
And the answers are from the W.H.
Question 3: NARA considers President Trump's tweets as presidential records that need to be preserved for historic purposes. Has NARA made a determination of whether the Trump Administration must also preserve altered or deleted tweets? If so, please provide this determination. If not, please indicate when NARA anticipates making such a determination.

Answer: No, under the PRA, records management authority is vested in the President, and NARA does not make “determinations” with respect to whether something is or is not a Presidential record. Rather, NARA provides advice and guidance concerning the PRA upon the of the White House. The January 23, 2017, AP article cited in your question references the reporter’s conversation with a NARA spokesperson to the effect that “presidential tweets, like all electronic communications ‘created or received’ by the president or his staff, are considered presidential records.” NARA has advised the White House that it should capture and preserve all tweets that the President posts in the course of his official duties, including those that are subsequently deleted, as Presidential records, and NARA has been informed by White officials that they are, in fact, doing so

As to Bots Judge:
A Trump Hating Judge, appointed, by Clinton, gives a opinion, that holds less water than a arthritic hand.

“If you can’s wow them with wonder, than just Baffle them with Bull$hit”

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/10/18 at 15:19:53

I meant "groundwork" as a means of conveying that that information preceded the modern laws and interpretations as groundwork typically comes first.

I can clarify by stating that the aforementioned links precede the laws that currently govern social media in government.

None of the linked material was intended to say that Trump is violating the 1st Amendment, I too wonder if blocking someone from Twitter counts.  I had stated this earlier:

"Personally I wonder if blocking people from WH official media is allowed"

Research has shown that Twitter is considered official record, but the question is does blocking someone constitute a violation.  Similar to blocking personal IP addresses from accessing public records, which is a violation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 07/10/18 at 15:37:24

If someone is a jerk, blocking them should be your right.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 07/10/18 at 15:53:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/10/18 at 15:37:24:

For the representative of the American people?...
Doesn't he work for us?...
He's "tweeting" from the White House on our dime.
From an unsecured phone BTW... Roll Eyes

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 07/10/18 at 16:34:09

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/10/18 at 15:37:24:

I think if someone chooses to be POTUS they should have thick enough skin to not need to.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 07/10/18 at 16:47:43

Why should he be bothered with it?

I can screen calls.
His public account is his.
If someone is a problem, dump them.
There are people who don't want to wade through the lefty bullshit.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 07/10/18 at 17:38:27

This blocking a nut case on twitter, is the perfect example of:

“A Conservative does not like something they just don’t do it.
A Ultra-Liberal does not like something, they make a LAW, NO One Can do it”

So the POTUS, Blocks a person on a social media account.
(A Person,  ANY  ONE, of us would block. when they constantly talk trash)
A Conservative,  would just block the nut case, or shake their head, and say, ‘just ignore it’.
The Ultra-Liberal, goes Freeking NUTS.

For the, ‘Panty in a Bunch crowd’,
Exactly, what part of the POTUS, not wanting to hear her venom,
has stopped her, from spewing the same venom, elsewhere ?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 07:44:02

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Chrissy Tiegen blocked by Trump

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.