Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Decline of White Christian America (Read 587 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Decline of White Christian America
07/08/18 at 23:20:01

Maybe Donald can help you guys out?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/07/robert-jones-white-chris...

Prolly not. The Horror, the horror.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Re: Decline of White Christian America
Reply #1 - 07/09/18 at 13:22:33

We have the same discussions here, with some people fighting hard to keep the Norwegian culture. My reply to that is that - luckily - our culture is under constant change. For instance, until 1972 it was criminal to be homosexual here and you risked prison. Women were only given common right to vote in 1913. And Norway became Christian by means no better than ISIS use today - if you refused to be a Christian, you lost your head. Literally. And now people fight to keep our nation Christian. If we were to turn Muslim, we will fight tooth an nail to stay that way a thousand years from now.

I really dislike religion. Religion really is the culprit for virtually every war and grief. No, that is not objective. It is highly subjective. But even Hitler was convinced he was backed by God. Or at least used God in order to get the German people behind him.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/10/18 at 06:29:03

faffi wrote on 07/09/18 at 13:22:33:
We have the same discussions here, with some people fighting hard to keep the Norwegian culture. My reply to that is that - luckily - our culture is under constant change. For instance, until 1972 it was criminal to be homosexual here and you risked prison. Women were only given common right to vote in 1913. And Norway became Christian by means no better than ISIS use today - if you refused to be a Christian, you lost your head. Literally. And now people fight to keep our nation Christian. If we were to turn Muslim, we will fight tooth an nail to stay that way a thousand years from now.

I really dislike religion. Religion really is the culprit for virtually every war and grief. No, that is not objective. It is highly subjective. But even Hitler was convinced he was backed by God. Or at least used God in order to get the German people behind him.

faffi, The problem here is you are simply incorrect, and I say that with all due respect. Yes there have been terrible things done in the name of religion and my comments here are not to try and justify those things. However the 20th century brought the greatest loss of life humanity has ever seen and it was all in the name of Secularism. Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong. Much of it was just racism like Rwanda. 120 million in total. Mao even stated that he would stamp out religion for all eternity. Funny thing is China is the fastest growing Christian Church in the world right now.

People like Hitler and Stalin were driven by the nihilistic worldview of 19th and 20th century philosophers such as Nietzsche.

The difference is: when Christians do horrible things such as the Crusades it is totally against the teachings of their Worldview. When secularist do horrible things like gas all the Jews, it is totally inline with a non theistic, survival of the fittest, Worldview

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/10/18 at 06:39:57

I don't understand why the US has to be majority White and Christian.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 07/10/18 at 08:06:01

Because white Christians want it that way... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 07/10/18 at 08:57:47

What was the population like as America developed and became the pinnacle of civilization?
Majority
White Christian

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 07/10/18 at 09:07:01

I don't understand why open-minded, tolerant, diversified, liberals, who preach peace, and getting along, forfeit what they say they stand for, for politico party gains?

Kinda reminds me of those nasty Crusaders who wanted to spread God's love with the unknowing  Grin

Be the change you wish to see in others/world.

THAT is the only sustainable way to bring change......

EVERYTHING else, is warfare.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 07/10/18 at 09:15:00

Thanks, Gandhi...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 07/10/18 at 09:21:39

Serowbot wrote on 07/10/18 at 09:15:00:
Thanks, Gandhi...

You are welcome Winston  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 07/10/18 at 09:38:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/10/18 at 08:57:47:
What was the population like as America developed and became the pinnacle of civilization?
Majority
White Christian

I enjoy watching them walk carefully around the point while they pretend to look for it

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #10 - 07/10/18 at 09:56:23

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/10/18 at 09:38:53:
I enjoy watching them walk carefully around the point while they pretend to look for it

WOW, have not heard that for a long time.
 Thanks JOG, that is SO  APPROPRIATE !!!!!

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #11 - 07/10/18 at 11:21:37

Eegore wrote on 07/10/18 at 06:39:57:
 I don't understand why the US has to be majority White and Christian.

I don’t understand why most of the countries,
in the, Southern 2/3's of the ‘Middle East', area,
has to be majority Muslim, and have the same color skin ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 07/10/18 at 11:26:14

I don't either.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 07/10/18 at 12:13:55

I really dislike religion. Religion really is the culprit for virtually every war and grief. No, that is not objective. It is highly subjective.

Categorically untrue. Demonstratively untrue.Equating Nazis with religion is incorrect.

Not that organized religion is blameless because it certainly isn’t but any honest evaluation clearly shows exponentially greater benefit to society than harm.

If you don’t want to participate in organized religion, that’s fine but I don’t understand why people want to lay all the world’s problems on its doorstep.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 07/10/18 at 12:16:21

Eegore wrote on 07/10/18 at 11:26:14:
I don't either.

If I can find another to blame, I can then absolve myself, of my failings, while also pretending humility, by my guilt, WHICH, I assign to others, while claiming I've risen above that, which causes my guilt.

To fool oneself might appear a simple task, masking, in order to avoid reality, you can't......
Its just impossible UNLESS one is a psychopath, yet, that is just a clinical description, which still doesn't change the truth of the matter.    

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 04:35:21

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Decline of White Christian America

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.