Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Trump pwned by er everyone. (Read 107 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Trump pwned by er everyone.
06/28/18 at 19:54:39

Kim Jong Un, used Donald for his own purposes knowing that Donald just needed the photo op for his own propaganda.

Russia has used him like the patsy he is, http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates...

China has just used him to reverse the ban on ZTE.

However you can forget all of the above because they all pale into insignificance against how Donald has been utterly and completely pwned by the most ruthless, shrewd and single minded politician in the capital. None other than Mitch McConnell.

As far as McConnell goes, it's job done now and Donald will be discarded by the time of the next election. Donald has done all this for his own vanity and greed, he's sold himself like the three dollar w.hore that he is.

McConnell's admittedly brilliant, cunning, ruthless, shameless plan began with the unprecedented blocking of Obamas choice for the replacement of Alito, Merrick Garland. He simply refused to allow it. That was part one and like a two part glue it's useless without part B.

Part B of course was to realise that Donald was the only person shameless enough, vain enough, vacuous enough to say any bullshit necessary in order to get elected. For example Donald was for a woman's right to abortion. Now I don't want to get into a debate about whether that's good or bad, that's not the point I'm making which is that Donald has no compunction at all to throwing that principal of his out the window when he needed to.

And Mitch knew that the key to the election was not just the midwestern states but the Bible Belt. So Donald suddenly became a supporter of overturning Roe vs Wade. And the Bible Belt also are ready to stomach Donald's treatment of immigrants in order to get their precious Roe vs Wade overturned.

But Mitch was still above all of this, the main game for Mitch was to simply get a republican president for the next term in order to stack the Supreme Court with two new appointees which is what the real fight is about because they are for life. The next election was going to shape the Supreme Court for the next 40 years. At least. Didn't matter if Russia helped, nothing mattered. He'll subvert the FBI and the entire presidency for plan B

This is where the will of the people has been trampled on. Whatever your personal beliefs are the majority of Americans, by three million, voted for the democrats and then they would have been the ones to set the Supreme Court for the next 40 years. This was never about the next president it was always about the Supreme Court.

As soon as Gorusch was in the writing was on the wall. In the past week we've seen the Supreme Court make three crucial 5/4 decisions. One will decimate the unions, another has already indicated that Roe vs Wade repeal is coming soon, and the third was the upholding of the Republican voting gerrymander, where they can draw the most convoluted and insane voting boundaries to limit the effect of those who won't vote for them.

Mitch McConnell can now die a happy man knowing that whether the Dems or Republicans win the next election or the one after that is pretty well small beans, because the long game is set and match to the Republicans. Against the will of the majority of the people they have set themselves up nicely.

Most members of this forum will be long dead by the time the true horror that began with the withholding of Merrick Garland is realised.

Unlike Donald, McConnell couldn't give a rat's ass how he is perceived, what people think of him, how he'll be remembered what his legacy is non of that matters to him. You've got to admire this focus of purpose, and it's 'job done' as far as he's concerned. His three year plan is over.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Trump pwned by er everyone.
Reply #1 - 06/29/18 at 13:42:25

I think you are spot on, but the pendulum will swing back and some replacement Supremes will reverse the present lot within a decade, despite the plan.

The LSS is just the distraction.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #2 - 06/30/18 at 02:33:27

Trippah wrote on 06/29/18 at 13:42:25:
I think you are spot on, but the pendulum will swing back and some replacement Supremes will reverse the present lot within a decade, despite the plan.

The LSS is just the distraction.

Why 10 years? Kennedy is going to be replaced with a Gorusch clone and Ginsberg will be the next to go. It does look like the court is shaped to wreck havoc with democracy for at least 30 years, barring some uncanny luck.

This is a well analysed and detailed account of the horror that the political appointees of the Supreme Court have just inflicted on democracy.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/the-lochner-era-is-set-for-a-comebac
k-at-the-supreme-court.html

Gorusch is staunchly anti worker and pro employer as well as against women's rights, the blue collar workers who decided to go with Trump are going to find themselves mightily screwed for a generation  and voting the dems back in will not help them now.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/05/neil-gorsuch-demolished-labor-rights
-in-epic-systems-v-lewis.html

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #3 - 06/30/18 at 06:24:51

We have come a ways since the Pinkertons killed coal miners "legally."  We are indeed swinging back in that direction but we, thanks to the NRA, have more weapons at our disposal and an "Arab Spring" in the US is not that far fetched a possibility.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 06/30/18 at 09:07:23

Gorusch is staunchly anti worker and pro employer ..

I didn't know that..

Got anything I should see so I can agree?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 06/30/18 at 21:11:48

Trippah wrote on 06/30/18 at 06:24:51:
We have come a ways since the Pinkertons killed coal miners "legally."  We are indeed swinging back in that direction but we, thanks to the NRA, have more weapons at our disposal and an "Arab Spring" in the US is not that far fetched a possibility.

You believe that the NRA is WHY America is awash with guns?
Bassakkerds thinking.
The NRA EXISTS because of Americans who like guns.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 06/30/18 at 21:59:47

Well the NRA was developed primarily for hunting and education, and now it lobbies against any reform to firearms.  It doesn't help when some of their leaders say we should curb stomp any opposition and such, I mean that's a far step from the days of firearm safety and hunter education.

So yeah it was started because we had guns, but there would be more gun reform, good or bad, if they weren't involved.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #7 - 06/30/18 at 22:00:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/30/18 at 09:07:23:

I didn't know that..

He has sided with employers 21 out of 23 times in disputes over the U.S. pensions and benefits law, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, or ERISA.

https://tinyurl.com/y8wh2o2u

In the case below before he was nominated to the Supreme Court his view was in the minority however now his extreme anti worker views and propensity to finagle words was pointed out by the judge giving the majority verdict.

The 49-year-old Gorsuch was a corporate law firm attorney and Justice Department associate attorney general before Republican President George W. Bush appointed him to the bench in 2006. If confirmed to the Supreme Court, he is likely to hear major workers' rights cases. They could include whether companies can require that employees sign away rights to pursue class-action suits and whether the 1964 Civil Rights Act bars workplace discrimination against LGBTQ employees.

One 2016 case illustrates how Gorsuch's fidelity to literal texts can lead to findings that appear to defy common sense and fairness.

TransAm Trucking driver Alphonse Maddin stopped on a wintry night after the trailer's brakes froze. His torso went numb after waiting three hours in an unheated cabin for roadside assistance. A boss ordered him to not abandon the cargo. But Maddin, fearing for his health, unhitched the trailer and drove off. TransAm promptly fired him for disobeying an order.

In a dissent, Gorsuch said the Surface Transportation Assistance Act, which bars companies from firing a driver who "refuses to operate" an unsafe truck, didn't apply to Maddin. Why? Because, he wrote, Maddin was operating the truck by driving off, not refusing to operate it. "There's simply no law anyone has pointed us to giving employees the right to operate their vehicles in ways their employers forbid," he said. If one's needed, he added, Congress should create it.

Writing for the majority, Judge Michael Murphy conceded some imprecise language. But he said the law could easily be seen as applying to drivers, such as Maddin, who are at risk by staying put. Murphy also directly challenged Gorsuch's narrow, literal meaning of "operate."

"The dissent believes Congress' intent can be easily determined by simply choosing a favorite dictionary definition of the word," Murphy wrote. But he added there was no doubt the law's purpose was to keep drivers safe, so it was reasonable to find "a refusal to operate" encompassed a refusal to sit in a freezing truck.

Gorsuch's judicial history, to some, suggests he isn't employee friendly.

He has sided with employers 21 out of 23 times in disputes over the U.S. pensions and benefits law, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, or ERISA.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #8 - 06/30/18 at 22:51:43

JoG,

In case you didn't notice, the actual point of this particular thread was not to engage in the normal petty squabbles, and it's not about Trump it's about the evil genius of McConnel and that Trump was just a pawn in the long game which was of course stacking the Supreme Court with obviously political appointees. Judges who'll do what the Republican Party are all about which is making the wealthy people richer at the expense of the less fortunate. Twas always thus.

This is democracy under the pump.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 06/30/18 at 23:49:39

So sad..
When I've asked you to explain Constitutionally how things are justified, I get nothing. What you accuse is what lefties have been doing.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #10 - 07/01/18 at 03:53:55

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/30/18 at 23:49:39:
So sad..
When I've asked you to explain Constitutionally how things are justified, I get nothing. What you accuse is what lefties have been doing.

I didn't know that..

The only thing that's sad is your bs. You asked for some proof about Gorusch being pro employer and I provided it in the form of the fact of his decisions favouring employer 21 out of 23 case, and then I provided a dissent by the majority judge in the classic Gorusch case where Gorusch sided with an employer who sacked a worker because the worker didn't want to die. This actually came up in his confirmation hearing.

And your response is. "yeah that's what lefties say". You truly are the embodiment of sad. You'll forgive me for not taking any more of your questions seriously because you're obviously just trying to wind me up so I'll call you a f.ucking imbecile then you can run to the mods. But I'm not going to do that. So in stead I'll simply ignore you. So you're free to say whatever you want without fear of reply. Have at it!

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #11 - 07/01/18 at 09:29:17

Eegore wrote on 06/30/18 at 21:59:47:
 Well the NRA was developed primarily for hunting and education, and now it lobbies against any reform to firearms.  It doesn't help when some of their leaders say we should curb stomp any opposition and such, I mean that's a far step from the days of firearm safety and hunter education.   So yeah it was started because we had guns, but there would be more gun reform, good or bad, if they weren't involved.

Not sure if it is Live or Memorex  or  a AI.

“… Well the NRA was developed primarily for hunting and education,…”
Still does, Still is, and THAT, is it’s primary focus.

“… and now it lobbies against any reform to firearms….”
‘reform’ is your word. The Truth is the NRA,  ‘Protects’ the FREEDOM, for you, so you have a choice whether or not to,  confront a Drunk shooting Person, at a party at their house.

“… It doesn't help when some of their leaders say we should curb stomp any opposition and such …”
 Gee, ya mean like HRC, and the like ?

“… I mean that’s a far step from the days of firearm safety and hunter education…”
What’s a far step from, ’safety/education’ ?  
The fact that THAT, it is now being done in record high numbers ?

“… So yeah it was started because we had guns, but there would be more gun reform, good or bad, if they weren’t involved…”

Not, THAT, sounds like  a person who said the 2nd is, ‘Outdated’. !!!!!!

Yea, Yea, you point is to take out, or describe, in today's terms, a word or phrase.

Let’s see,  ‘Gay’,  The first definition used to mean, a Happy Person, NOT, a person that enjoys the same sex person, for sex. Today it is the other way around.

So, the people/generation, that only knows ONE, (the current), meaning of, ‘Gay’.  That that is the ONLY  designation of that word.  So any other, or past definition, is not to be understood/believed/realized/etc.  And ANY  other description, (other than someone that wants to have sex with their own sex.), is WRONG ?

A-Yep, today, many people will remember what the various meanings are.
What will they remember, be taught, 250 years from now ?

Solution to, (what  some call the, ‘Outdated’ 2nd.)
            IS  TEACHING !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #12 - 07/01/18 at 09:34:07

eau de sauvage wrote on 06/30/18 at 22:51:43:
"...  it's not about Trump ..."

Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #13 - 07/01/18 at 09:34:16

And JOG, I simply pointed out that now, with the NRA, we now have access to more, and more deadly weapons than previously: there was no judgemental coloring -" just the facts, ma"m, just the facts."

Grin

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 07/01/18 at 11:26:15

Trippah wrote on 07/01/18 at 09:34:16:
And JOG, I simply pointed out that now, with the NRA, we now have access to more, and more deadly weapons than previously: there was no judgemental coloring -" just the facts, ma"m, just the facts."

Please describe, ”…More Deadly…”

Would that be a gun invented in 1905, semi auto, using .35 Rem rounds. (Aprox .358 dia)
Or would that be a AR-15 type using, .223 rounds, (Aprox, .224 dia)
Would that be a pump 12g shotgun, shooting #4 Buck shot, (Aprox, .25 dia) each shell using 35 #4 Buck pellets, firing, 10 times = 350 pellets.
Or would that be, a .22 Rim Fire revolvers, firing a (Aprox .223 dia bullet)

(and the List could go on for HORUS)

Which one would make you, MORE Dead, if you were hit in a vital area ?

Gee, if the Screw, splits the wood, Blame the Screwdriver !
Because it could NEVER, be the screw !

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:20:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Trump pwned by er everyone.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.