Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cinematic story changes with eye tracking tech (Read 98 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cinematic story changes with eye tracking tech
06/28/18 at 11:06:47

So I got to check out this video where two people come into a restaurant, and male, one female and depending on which one you look towards that one will come sit down.

The system uses eye tracking to modify the scene so that whatever person you are visually most interested in becomes the topic.  For instance if I am looking at the girl at the table someone else in the scene will speak about or to her, or she will speak.

Pretty interesting stuff.  Combine this with SKAM Austin and there's some considerable changes in the entertainment future.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Cinematic story changes with eye tracking tech
Reply #1 - 06/28/18 at 12:40:16

Eegore, where is the video or http link?

« Last Edit: 06/29/18 at 07:29:57 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/28/18 at 14:08:48

I watched it at a physical location, I don't know if there's examples online.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 06/28/18 at 19:30:28

In the Tall Table you can sometimes get away with an unsupported opinion.  

Roll Eyes

Over here in the Cafe you are generally offering up news or factual current information.   Both go over better when supported by pictures and current functioning http links.

If we are having an oil war or any other form of rigorous discussion providing support links is always required as these are discussion of facts, not opinions.

Heck, even if you go find some neat new place on a trip, a pic or link is generally expected.

And Cafe folks will tend to ask you for it if you forget .......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/29/18 at 06:21:29

Cafe
Hang out and talk about almost anything (read guidelines)

I read the guidelines and didn't see anything about links or providing factual current information.  

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #5 - 06/29/18 at 06:38:45

Eegore, I wrote the last revisions to the Cafe guidelines.   I know what they say.

If you want to post in the Cafe about factual items, please add supporting references to your posts.   It is expected for factual information and it will increase the ready acceptance of what you have to say.

You my friend are currently are suffering from the Tall Table mindset, really you are.

Do you know what is under the rug that the Tall Table itself sets upon?   I installed that feature, too, back when I built the Tall Table basement bar at Justin's suggestion.

« Last Edit: 06/29/18 at 08:06:26 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 06/29/18 at 07:07:41

OF,...Eegore is not making a claim of fact, he's relaying a personal experience...
Take it or leave it,...  

I saw an emu at an intersection once...  I have no links to it.
Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/29/18 at 07:10:17

I don't have issue with what you are saying.

Allow me to re-phrase:

I will in the future do my best to provide factual information including links and video and if possible print material for topics I present on this forum.  If I wish to discuss a non-political topic and have no physical or digital components to reference and include in posts I will not post it in the Café section of these forums.

In no way in my previous response was I attempting to imply that I was offended, misunderstood, or would disregard the information you provided.  I was attempting to convey that I read the guidelines and did not see a requirement for links, videos or factual information.  By stating that I did not observe these components in the guidelines it does not mean I will not give my best attempt to provide the requested information in the future.

My perception of this post was that I witnessed, or experienced an event or activity and was not presenting material that would need to be referenced.  I understand by not doing so that my experience can not be considered fact by definition.  

I will do my best to document events that I want to post about in the future, and if I witness an event that I can not provide links, video or other reference to, such as a motorcycle accident I will make sure to clarify, or not post to this section of the forum.

If you can clarify what a "Tall Table mindset" is I can make further attempts to keep my posts in the Café section appropriate and as close as possible to the expectations of those that use it.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #8 - 06/29/18 at 08:04:48

Serowbot wrote on 06/29/18 at 07:07:41:
OF,...Eegore is not making a claim of fact, he's relaying a personal experience...
Take it or leave it,...  

I saw an emu at an intersection once...  I have no links to it.
Huh

Serobot, in your statement you can at least look up emu to find out what it looks like.  

Eegore is referring to a drastically new entertainment based tech that right now does not exist out in the public domain.   He offers no clue pointed back to a source or reference for the curious to go look at.

Some day it will happen in a widespread use  (I have no doubt the tech is coming).

http://www.businessinsider.com/eye-tracking-program-compatible-with-smartphon...

https://gizmodo.com/5972420/eye-controlled-computers-are-now-a-real-thing

https://www.tobiidynavox.com/en-us/about/about-us/how-eye-tracking-works/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/stephen-hawking-as-accidental-amba...     Yep, lots of stuff was put together to help out Hawking in his latter days.   His wheel chair and built in computer were eye controlled to a large degree.

All of the above are my best guesses with no information provided to hang the proverbial hat upon --- I may have totally missed what Eegore was talking about.

VR also uses similar "gaze pointing" techniques, if you are willing to wear a phone sized set of goggles on your head covering your eyes.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #9 - 06/29/18 at 10:09:14

Personalized movies?!  Interesting stuff.

Obviously won't work for the big screen, but I can see some sort of VR application.  Then everyone leaving the movie would be talking about how different their experiences were.  

I have seen similar content on YouTube without the eye tracking of course.

This is a funny golf range video that sets up a screen and allows you to pick the direction of the next video in succession with different outcomes depending on the trail you choose.   

You probably have to go to youtube to be able to interact with the links.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT3MdyhhC24

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/15/24 at 22:21:25

General CategoryThe Cafe › Cinematic story changes with eye tracking tech

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.