Send Topic Print
Tire Report (Read 73 times)
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Tire Report
06/28/18 at 09:40:59

The Pirelli Route 66 tires can be had at a good price from Dennis Kirk. The front,100/90/19 is $66.99   rear 130/90/15 is $80.99 free shipping. Went for a ride today and after about 20 miles, I foolishly began to give no thought that these are brand new tires, and started to lean far into turns. Nothing but good results. If asked how the bike handled before, my answer would be " Ok, I guess ". Now it's a firm "Good". Going from a 140 rear to the 130 made the bike feel perfectly neutral, with no feeling of wanting to plow straight. I'm using 1 inch longer shocks, and am happy with the tires.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Tire Report
Reply #1 - 06/28/18 at 10:47:07

I reserve judgment on a tire until I see how it handles on a wet road surface. Your better handling may be more the fact that with taller shocks and 3/8 inch taller tire ,  your steering angle (rake& trail) have been reduced, although the 7/16 inch narrower tire also helps.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #2 - 06/28/18 at 11:22:30

Had the same shocks on with the old IRC  tires .  I'll  find out about the rain soon enough. In the past, on different bikes, I would actually catch myself going faster in the rain because the tires felt so good. Those were Avon Roadrunners, and Metzeler ME88's. I've had Dunlop's that were fine when dry, not so much wet.  Having the best of both worlds is great. Time will tell.

IP Logged
Tippyman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/29/18 at 18:30:30

Good to know! In the market for replacement.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 08:30:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tire Report

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.