Soft Civil War (Read 227 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Soft Civil War
Reply #15 - 06/26/18 at 16:21:23

Don’t know how i missed this couple years ago but;

“2016 is the Flight 93 election: charge the cockpit or you die. You may die anyway. You–or the leader of your party–may make it into the cockpit and not know how to fly or land the plane. There are no guarantees.

Except one: if you don’t try, death is certain. To compound the metaphor: a Hillary Clinton presidency is Russian Roulette with a semi-auto. With Trump, at least you can spin the cylinder and take your chances.”

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #16 - 06/26/18 at 16:21:33

LostArtist wrote on 06/26/18 at 09:49:47:
 so, does simply crossing the border make you a dangerous criminal?  yes, it makes you a "criminal," a misdemeanor at that, oh no!!!  ...

Hey Lost, say you were just about to purchase something you have wanted for a long time, and saved your money for it.  You have 490.00 in your wallet. Your hard earned money, which will buy the coveted thing you value so greatly, and worked to hard to save your money, so you could have it.

Now you are on the way to the store. You see a Hot -Dog cart, and decide you are hungry. As you pull your wallet out from your pocket, someone grabs it, and runs into the crowd, so you cannot find them.

Would you say : "...A misdemeanor at that, oh no!!!"

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 06/26/18 at 19:37:41

The what-ifs around here sure are amusing.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 06/27/18 at 02:49:34

Einstein thought what-ifs pretty valuable.

I'd like to hear your answer to Mnsprings question. Someone just took $490 from you. No big deal. The guy really didn't do anything bad....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 06/27/18 at 10:11:58

If its $490 and not a felony then I wouldn't expect a felony level response.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 06/27/18 at 10:58:15

Eegore wrote on 06/27/18 at 10:11:58:

exactly...

and honestly, that'd suck for me, but you know the cops aren't going to bother finding that guy anyway... and that person still ISN'T A VIOLENT CRIMINAL. even if the cops do find that criminal, I'm still not going to get my $490 back.

what exactly are you trying to compare here?   I wouldn't want that person tortured or their children ripped from their arms for $500.  I'm pretty sure they could make restitution by the law without being tortured in such ways.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 06/27/18 at 11:08:18

WebsterMark wrote on 06/26/18 at 15:47:19:
A bunch there but are you operating under the delusion Gifforts shooting was politically motivated?

And if a tit-for-tat on left wing vs right wing political violence is what you want, you’ll lose by a mile. Leftist are far, far more violent.

Another example of our Civil War.

no. leftists are not "far, far more violent"

"Information on terrorist attacks and the terrorists themselves in the United States is available from the Global Terrorism Database, the RAND Corporation, and other sources. I further grouped the ideology of the attackers into four broad categories of Left Wingers, Nationalists and Right Wingers, Islamists, and Unknown/Others.

Terrorists murdered 3,342 people on U.S. soil from 1992 through August 12, 2017. Islamist terrorists are responsible for 92% of all those murders. The 9/11 attacks, by themselves, killed about 89% of all the victims during this time. During this time, the chance of being murdered in a terrorist attack committed by an Islamist was about 1 in 2.5 million per year.

Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists are the second deadliest group by ideology, as they account for 6.6% of all terrorist murders during this time. The 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the second deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history, killed 168 people and accounted for 77% of all the murders committed by Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists. The chance of being murdered in a Nationalist or Right Wing terrorist attack was about 1 in 33 million per year.

Left Wing terrorists killed only 23 people in terrorist attacks during this time, about 0.7% of the total number of murders, but 13 since the beginning of 2016. Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists have only killed five since then, including Charlottesville. Regardless, the annual chance of being murdered by a Left Wing terrorist was about 1 in 330 million per year."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2017/08/21/which-ideology-has-inspired-...

and no, I understand that even though the shooting of Gifford took place at a democratic political rally, that the shooter was definitely mentally unstable and very very very confused about politics.  Gifford's shooter was inspired by his own twisted view of Gifford's politics and government in general.  I am NOT blaming any of the political rhetoric by the right a that time for Gifford's shooter's actions in ANY way.

JUST AS the shooter of the Steve Scalise  was mentally disturbed and very confused about politics.  Scalise's shooter was inspired by his own twisted view of Gifford's politics and government in general.  I am NOT blaming any of the political rhetoric by the left a that time for Scalise's shooter's actions in ANY way.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #22 - 06/27/18 at 11:16:34

LostArtist wrote on 06/27/18 at 10:58:15:
"...what exactly are you trying to compare here? .."  

Rather simple, you agree a Illegal is a criminal,
and  you are implying that a, 'misdemeanor", is nothing, pfft,

"...yes, it makes you a "criminal," a misdemeanor at that, oh no!!!  ... "

"... I wouldn't want that person tortured or their children ripped from their arms for $500.  ..."

WOW  again.  Suddenly they are, 'Tortured', ?
Sure does sound like someone is whispering in your ear again LOLOL

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 06/27/18 at 11:58:49

MnSpring wrote on 06/27/18 at 11:16:34:
LostArtist wrote on 06/27/18 at 10:58:15:
"...what exactly are you trying to compare here? .."  

Rather simple, you agree a Illegal is a criminal,
and  you are implying that a, 'misdemeanor", is nothing, pfft,

"...yes, it makes you a "criminal," a misdemeanor at that, oh no!!!  ... "

"... I wouldn't want that person tortured or their children ripped from their arms for $500.  ..."

WOW  again.  Suddenly they are, 'Tortured', ?
Sure does sound like someone is whispering in your ear again LOLOL

no a misdemeanor is a misdemeanor...  there are various punishments for that level of crime, let's use THOSE appropriate punishments

yeah, tortured might have been a bit of hyperbole, but it doesn't stop you or your side from using it if I don't use it.

and I assure you, I haven't gotten any messages or any communication from T&T in quite a few months. (but I"m sure you think I'm lying to you anyway so why do I bother responding to you ... there really is no point, you're useless)

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 06/27/18 at 14:57:08

Eegore wrote on 06/27/18 at 10:11:58:

Someone mug me and I'm going full on self defense. Screw THAT.
My knife is right next to the billfold.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 06/27/18 at 15:04:18

Is it legal in TX to knife somebody who is running away with your money?

The question is what you would do if someone successfully ran up, took your money and ran away.  Not could you stab someone before they took your money.  If we are going this route I would just say I don't ever carry $490 and go nowhere with the topic presented.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #26 - 06/27/18 at 15:08:16

Since I can't run fifty feet, I'd say I would have to slink off and know I was insufficiently aware of the situation and suffered a loss.

I'm pretty much aware of the situation though.
I'm gonna say
Extremely unlikely that someone could nail me that way.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 06/27/18 at 15:11:41

The question is what you would do if someone successfully ran up, took your money and ran away.

Not how far you could run, or the probability of stopping it from happening.  If we are going this route I would just say I don't eat hot dogs and still go nowhere with the topic presented.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 06/28/18 at 08:06:58

LostArtist wrote on 06/27/18 at 11:08:18:
WebsterMark wrote on 06/26/18 at 15:47:19:
A bunch there but are you operating under the delusion Gifforts shooting was politically motivated?

And if a tit-for-tat on left wing vs right wing political violence is what you want, you’ll lose by a mile. Leftist are far, far more violent.

Another example of our Civil War.

no. leftists are not "far, far more violent"

"Information on terrorist attacks and the terrorists themselves in the United States is available from the Global Terrorism Database, the RAND Corporation, and other sources. I further grouped the ideology of the attackers into four broad categories of Left Wingers, Nationalists and Right Wingers, Islamists, and Unknown/Others.

Terrorists murdered 3,342 people on U.S. soil from 1992 through August 12, 2017. Islamist terrorists are responsible for 92% of all those murders. The 9/11 attacks, by themselves, killed about 89% of all the victims during this time. During this time, the chance of being murdered in a terrorist attack committed by an Islamist was about 1 in 2.5 million per year.

Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists are the second deadliest group by ideology, as they account for 6.6% of all terrorist murders during this time. The 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the second deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history, killed 168 people and accounted for 77% of all the murders committed by Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists. The chance of being murdered in a Nationalist or Right Wing terrorist attack was about 1 in 33 million per year.

Left Wing terrorists killed only 23 people in terrorist attacks during this time, about 0.7% of the total number of murders, but 13 since the beginning of 2016. Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists have only killed five since then, including Charlottesville. Regardless, the annual chance of being murdered by a Left Wing terrorist was about 1 in 330 million per year."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2017/08/21/which-ideology-has-inspired-...

and no, I understand that even though the shooting of Gifford took place at a democratic political rally, that the shooter was definitely mentally unstable and very very very confused about politics.  Gifford's shooter was inspired by his own twisted view of Gifford's politics and government in general.  I am NOT blaming any of the political rhetoric by the right a that time for Gifford's shooter's actions in ANY way.

JUST AS the shooter of the Steve Scalise  was mentally disturbed and very confused about politics.  Scalise's shooter was inspired by his own twisted view of Gifford's politics and government in general.  I am NOT blaming any of the political rhetoric by the left a that time for Scalise's shooter's actions in ANY way.

still waiting Web.... your silence says you agree with me on this post.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #29 - 06/28/18 at 08:33:52

still waiting Web.... your silence says you agree with me on this post.

Is that a attempt at being funny, or do you really not see what this statement says about you?

BTW, you can either answer me here, for all to witness, ignore it, and then I can use your line against you, justifiably so  Grin ....

However, please don't PM me again, I won't respond, and no, that isn't because I agree with you.  Roll Eyes

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 08:29:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Soft Civil War

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.