Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Trade Wars. Nicht so gut. (Read 109 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Trade Wars. Nicht so gut.
06/25/18 at 04:01:28

This trade war policy of Trump looks like it will cause some genuine pain for the world including the USofA. There are legitimate grievances but all Donald has done is try to pain himself in his 'tough guy' paint, for his 'base' without regard for the genuine consequences. It may take a few years but when the sh!t eventually hits the fan everyone will be covered.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/were-going-to-lose-this-trade-war/201...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-trade-war-with-china-is-over-f...

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Trade Wars. Nicht so gut.
Reply #1 - 06/25/18 at 06:10:11

Trump started it, right?
Let's see now,
How many times has Trump done what will Surely destroy America?
AAAND, no.
Everybody needs to step back and
Look at the facts.
Our situation is the result of years, decades, of bad policy. We've been getting screwed for decades. Don't you know what economic hardships are dealt to our people? Canadian rules put almost a 200%% tariff on our dairy.
Maybe you missed Trump saying
No Tariffs and No Subsidies
Is what he wants.

There's Gonna be pain as he negotiates us back to NOT getting Screwed. Every trade deal I know of SUKKTASS, and he's trying to straighten stuff out. Run in circles and panic, but he's The Best Thing that's happened to America in my life.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #2 - 06/25/18 at 09:34:41

So, “…Trump is poised to escalate the U.S.-Canada trade conflict, with a threatened 25 per cent tariff on U.S. vehicle imports from Canada…”  (Which has not happened yet)

What about: “…Canada has long maintained a high tariff wall on most dairy products. The duty on milk is 270 per cent. That keeps most imports from the United States and elsewhere out of Canada…” (Which has been happening for  SEVERAL YEARS)

Would this be a case of 80% of the, ‘press/news’,  Slanting/Spinning/Lying (by omission of fact)
That, Canada has a 270% Tariff on US  Milk ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/25/18 at 09:42:13

Just look up the Harmonized System codes, they are 6 digit numbers through the WTO.  The exact numbers are all right there.

http://stat.wto.org/TechnicalNotes/TariffProfileTechnicalNotes_E.htm

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #4 - 06/25/18 at 14:24:44

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/25/18 at 06:10:11:
1. Trump started it, right?

2. How many times has Trump done what will Surely destroy America?

3. Our situation is the result of years, decades, of bad policy.

4. We've been getting screwed for decades.

5. Maybe you missed Trump saying...

You repeat verbatim what you've been fed by the loony right.
1. Er yes he started this trade war, it is supposed to make him look tough you people like you. It seems to be working too.

2. No one but you have said 'destroy America' they're your words, he will harm the whole world, is harming the whole world. But you need to give it time, he's only just started.

3. What situation are you referring to?

4. Ah yes poor USA, I suppose 'getting screwed for decades' is why you are the wealthiest nation on Earth. More to the point the USA has been screwing the Earth for decades, although they are not alone in this.

There nothing at all wrong with trade deficits per se it all depends on the structure of the entire economy. The trade deficit is a sign of the USA's wealth.

5. What Donald says and what Donald does are two entirely different things.  He lies what you want to hear and does what you want him in your heart to do.

Harley Davidson to move more production overseas...

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44604280

The paltry tax cuts that the average Joe Blow got are already gone due to the rising costs of the steel tariffs.

For some firms, the measures are welcome. Companies such as US Steel have announced plans to expand their operations, bringing on hundreds of workers.

Their customers - many of them manufacturers located in the Midwest - are worried, however.

They say US tariffs have already increased demand for domestic steel - which accounts for the majority of the metal's sales in America - driving up prices for firms reliant on steel-based parts.

The proposed tariffs, which include taxes on hundreds of Chinese-made parts and equipment, promise more pain.

At Roadtec, a growing 600-person Tennessee company that makes asphalt paving machines, suppliers are already asking 40% more, says the firm's marketing director, Eric Baker.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-43731798

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 06/25/18 at 16:17:25

I'm not shocked
A
Re
Alignment
Won't happen without a few bumps and bruises.
I still have more hope than ever in my adult life

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/25/18 at 16:23:19

China didn't come to us, we went to them

Same with India, Mexico etc....

Our companies went there to seek lower cost of labor to get higher profits. Those countries said, hey, we were isolated before you, and now you want to exploit us... here are the rules.  Our companies agreed to those rules, and now that we've uncorked this mess, we complain about them trying to exploit us while we are still exploiting them.  

yeah, it's more complicated than that, but you reap what you sew.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 06/25/18 at 21:01:24

"sow"

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 06/25/18 at 22:18:59

LostArtist wrote on 06/25/18 at 16:23:19:
China didn't come to us, we went to them

Same with India, Mexico etc....

Our companies went there to seek lower cost of labor to get higher profits. Those countries said, hey, we were isolated before you, and now you want to exploit us... here are the rules.  Our companies agreed to those rules, and now that we've uncorked this mess, we complain about them trying to exploit us while we are still exploiting them.  

yeah, it's more complicated than that, but you reap what you sew.
h

It's not complicated, you just don't understand.

It's not worth trying to explain.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #9 - 06/25/18 at 23:08:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/25/18 at 22:18:59:
It's not complicated, you just don't understand.
It's not worth trying to explain.

The world economy *is complicated* and subtle. Which is why I guess you don't understand. However the two articles I linked to in the OP do hint at these complexities.

Trying to explain anything to you is certainly not worth it, however for you to say 'it's not worth trying to explain', is just weird as you've never tried to explain anything due I suppose to your not only lack of understanding but more to the point your apparent lack of empathy. Why is this? Only you know but it speaks to me of a deep anger at what life has dealt you.

Like Donald your explanations are not explanations at all. Donald will say the Korea deal was 'tremendous', or 'very productive' with no explanation,  people are 'sad' if they point out he said nothing. He gave Kim everything and all he got was a vague promise to 'work towards', and that's it. He stated that you can all relax now because the US is safe from nuclear attack. Three days later he changes his mind and says N.Korea are still very dangerous. He's a fruitcake and you simply repeat his fruitcake assertions.

You can't explain anything because Donald doesn't explain anything and you can only repeat what he says verbatim lest you go off script, you always know you're safe with your fellow religious brethren in the church of the Donald as long as you simply repeat his platitudes.

Now Donald directs your hate to the animals, rapists and thieves of Mexico, no mention of course of the rich white guy who gunned down 500 people at a concert. Nah.

Donald is just a continuation of the History Of The USA cartoon below.

https://youtu.be/lGYFRzf2Xww

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #10 - 06/26/18 at 03:05:45

Oh look the Donald has already attacked American as apple pie HD...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44610010

Surprised that Harley-Davidson, of all companies, would be the first to wave the White Flag. I fought hard for them and ultimately they will not pay tariffs selling into the E.U., which has hurt us badly on trade, down $151 Billion. Taxes just a Harley excuse - be patient! #MAGA

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 25, 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1011360410648416258

ultimately they will not pay tariffs selling into the E.U

What a tool, yeah he slags off the USA's allies and kowtows to a dictator and the EU will simply do whatever the Donald wants' because you know, he's a tough guy and a stable genius to boot! Or maybe he simply doesn't understand world trade.

Donald thinks like they did in the 16th century where world trade was a zero sum game. The pie is only so big and if I get a bigger piece of the pie you must necessarily get a smaller piece

This is the origin of the Christian doctrine that rich people don't get to heaven because you can only get rich if someone else gets poorer. No one would lend money because that was insane, what for.

Then it eventually dawned on people that 'the pie' could get bigger and bigger, you could borrow money and invest. This is what happened, China didn't get rich at the USA's expense, everyone got richer as the pie gets bigger and bigger. And the USA is doing pretty well.

China needs to be punished for stealing technology but a trade war is not the way to do that. ZTE were about to go out of business because of illegally selling technology to N.Korea and Iran, breaking the sanctions. But the Donald is reversing that because you know like he values Chinese jobs. He's a fukwit like no other.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 06/26/18 at 03:07:11

Now Donald directs your hate to the animals, rapists and thieves of Mexico, no mention of course of the rich white guy who gunned down 500 people at a concert.
First, I TRIED to point out inconsistencies in the story.
I got
Let them investigate.

Phhht, lodeOshitt answers.

Who did what is still a question
But
Who got SHOT isn't.
Trump supporters were the people who got Shot.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #12 - 06/26/18 at 03:14:54

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/26/18 at 03:07:11:
Phhht, lodeOshitt answers.

If that works for you then good on you JoG.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 06/26/18 at 03:24:53

But
Who got SHOT isn't.

What do you know about the shooting?
That's a screwed up investigation

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #14 - 06/26/18 at 03:51:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/26/18 at 03:24:53:
But
Who got SHOT isn't.

What do you know about the shooting?
That's a screwed up investigation

Your post makes no sense I'm not sure if it's implying a tinfoil conspiracy or you are just writing without thinking. Let's take it one point at a time.

1. What do I know about the shooting.

1A Well there the shooter was a wealthy white guy, and shot 500 people. The point I was making was contrasting the Donald categorising every Mexican who tries to cross the border, no matter what, as a rapist, murderer or 'animal'. But generally murderers. Try and imagine if the shooter was a Mexican. Point is that immigrants, 'illegal' or not do not have a higher crime rate than the average American. But this how propaganda works.

2. Trump supporters got shot?

2A, well I don't remember anyone checking who the victims voted for, are you suggesting they were all trump supporters. And what is the point you are trying to make?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 01:14:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Trade Wars. Nicht so gut.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.