Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
USS Fitzgerald collision update (Read 48 times)
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
USS Fitzgerald collision update
06/22/18 at 18:39:53

I speculated at the time that the reason for this collision and the deaths of seven US sailors was poor training, lack of discipline, and pi*s poor seamanship. The investigation into the accident pretty much confirmed that opinion.

However I just ran across this: much worse than even I imagined.

http://neveryetmelted.com/2018/06/20/uss-fitzgerald-collision-connected-to-fe...

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: USS Fitzgerald collision update
Reply #1 - 06/22/18 at 19:36:16

I think you will find standards lower across the services, and not just for women but for men also.  The All volunteer military has a glaring weakness, with some real and notable exceptions it does not attract America's finest - maybe their bravest.  The quicker minds have, unless they rally need money, have gone into the civilian life.  So while women bashing may be fun, I think a critical review should be held and a return to the draft considered if what we all think is true much our military is simply what, avoiding jail time or full time work at the car wash?

You may remember, ONS, that as an Army type I couldn't understand how the crash happened.  Relieving those in command is a political move as much as a corrective action move.  I am glad some more have been punished but I haven't heard of any effort to improve staff and training standards.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 06/23/18 at 05:21:48

i agree with you about the lowering of standards, but it is a fact that standards have been lowered much more for women than they have for men in a misguided attempt at "diversity" and "inclusiveness'. That's not "women bashing" it's the simple truth.

Read the links highlighted in red in the article that I linked to.  One of the officers in the CIC mentioned in the hearing for Lt. Coombs was not female.His  action was also sub-standard on the night in question. That hearing also discussed the systemic issues with maintenance and training in the CIC."Complacency" is the term used.

This statement is inaccurate and unfair:.

Quote:

The quicker minds have, unless they rally need money, have gone into the civilian life.  So while women bashing may be fun, I think a critical review should be held and a return to the draft considered if what we all think is true much our military is simply what, avoiding jail time or full time work at the car wash?

I have a nephew currently serving on the USS  Bush( CVN 77) and he certainly did not enlist in the Navy to avoid working in a car wash. He graduated from HS near the top of his class.

And don't forget that the people referenced in the article are OFFICERS. College graduates at the very least. Some of them possibly graduates of the USNA.

Most of the reports that I remember reading immediately after the incident occured mentioned the bravery and competence of the young enlisted sailors. Including the actions of a young  E5 who lost his life after  repeatedly diving into the flooded berthing compartment to try to rescue trapped shipmates.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 06/23/18 at 06:48:50

This paragraph below, is the scary  part about P.C. Correct and, affirmative action, of the USS Fitzgerald event.

“…That two of the officers — Coppock and Combs — involved in this fatal incident were female suggests that discipline and training standards have been lowered for the sake of “gender integration,” which was a major policy push at the Pentagon during the Obama administration. It could be that senior officers, knowing their promotions may hinge on enthusiastic support for “gender integration,” are reluctant to enforce standards for the women under their command…”

It is JUST  like Noor,  the first Somalian Mpls Police officer, who WAS, (confirmed), fast tracked through schooling.
Who WAS, (confirmed), paid 20.00 a hour for attending class.
Who tuition, WAS, (confirmed),  paid by the  Mpls Police.
Who before being 'fast tracked', his job, at a hotel behind the desk, according to  Numerous Witnesses, (confirmed), he Hated any 'white' woman, and if they were nicely dressed, he called them derogatory names.

Who now, is sitting at home, getting Full Pay for doing nothing.
 (For almost a full YEAR  now)
After shooting a woman in her Pajamas, in cold blood from the passenger side of inside a police car..

Who is, ‘apparently’, being protected by the Mpls Police/Sheriff/Council/Mayor/County Attorney

Never fear, the Ultra-Liberals are here.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #4 - 06/23/18 at 07:43:18

You applaud the bravery of the men and women fighting to save their shipmates - so do I, and I noted in my first post that here are some great high quality people in our military.  It is the overall "Bell Curve" that I refer to.
 I have no doubt that the military played fast and loose with the rules in order to achieve the political aims of their leaders, I saw that first hand in the Army and the Navy, God bless em, is even more traditional (I suspect).  
Way back when, The Army was  pushing the Green Beanies  and every NCO development course, when it came time, guess who was class honor grad..you got it.  So yah, if women were the political priority, I am sure the playing field was tilted; but just like affirmative action for people of color it sometimes takes a tilting of the field to correct for a many lifetime long institutional bias.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #5 - 06/23/18 at 07:53:08

As for college grads, well......you know many come through the community college system which is simply trying to bring people up to what used to be high school graduate levels of competency.  
I tried a search to find the actual report but didn't have much luck, google gave me every stupid article about the collision.  I'll try again this afternoon, but if you find the actual report, please post a link.

Like you, I want a competent military.  I admire the sacrifice involved in career active duty.  But, as history has shown, our preconceptions may inder that goal.  We thought blacks could never be good soldiers, and now its women, yet is was a woman intel analyst who led the successful  hunt for Osama Bin  Laden.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 06/23/18 at 11:08:25

Trippah wrote on 06/23/18 at 07:53:08:
As for college grads, well......you know many come through the community college system which is simply trying to bring people up to what used to be high school graduate levels of competency. 
I tried a search to find the actual report but didn't have much luck, google gave me every stupid article about the collision.  I'll try again this afternoon, but if you find the actual report, please post a link.
Like you, I want a competent military.  I admire the sacrifice involved in career active duty.  But, as history has shown, our preconceptions may inder that goal.  We thought blacks could never be good soldiers, and now its women, yet is was a woman intel analyst who led the successful  hunt for Osama Bin  Laden.

"...We thought blacks could never be good soldiers, and now its women..."

That is the Ultra-Lefty, Pushing that Pendulum TO FAR,
WAY, to far,    the other way.

Some blacks make good Soldiers, some make bad Soldiers.
Some women make good Soldiers, some make bad Soldiers.
Some Somalians make good Cops, some make Bad Cops.

It is the Ultra-Left, Fairy Dust  Sprinkling, Kum-By-You singing, snowflake,  That does NOT  understand, or ever will.
That it is,  PEOPLE,   NOT the skin, race, religion, sex, etc, that make a person good or bad.
In life, or at a Job.

Here is the Job.  One is either, Qualified to do it, or they are not.

It is the, Ultra-Left, Fairy Dust  Sprinkling, Kum-By-You singing, snowflake,  that want to make, what THEY, believe is equal, like NOT, requiring a woman to run, xxx distance, while caring xxx weight, when she is applying for a job, that those, ARE, the requirements.

YET, they have NO desire, for equality, when a, 5-2”, 98 lb, women,
faces a 6-4”, 260 lb man, who desires to do her bodily harm.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 11:22:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › USS Fitzgerald collision update

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.