Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Time to remove the political forum, surely. (Read 97 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Time to remove the political forum, surely.
06/19/18 at 17:47:54

I get that when this site was set up like all sites like it there were other areas of interest in order to create the community feel. However the S40 forum is a unique resource for S40 owners with a very good camaraderie and knowledgeable people many of whom also have a sense of humour.

It's time for the owner/operator of  the forum to have a serious think about whether the bile that is regularly vomited out on this particular section by such a tiny number of people, (many of whom do not even contribute to the main site) is really a necessary component of this site as a whole.

We have the 'cafe' for more wholesome chit chat. Ask yourselves what is the point of this particular section that has so few participants but such fervent spewers of the hate filled rhetoric that unfortunately is the new normal in the USA. Do we not already have enough of that. It's become like a mini Brietbart. The reason for this is precisely because it's used/abused by such a tiny handful of users so there's not balance. It sits here like a festering sore, and taints the universal appeal of this forum with it ugly trumpian rhetoric.

This is not genuine political debate, it's just filth, that pollutes the forum as a whole. I'm sure that there are some very fine people on both sides, but let's put this anachronism out of its misery.

Lock it up! Lock it up!

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Time to remove the political forum, surely.
Reply #1 - 06/19/18 at 18:07:38

Oh the irony....

Be the change you wish to see in others/the world.

Political Correctness already tried to stymie freedom of ALL speech, good, bad, or ugly, with THEIR narrative of what is acceptable talk.

If, people of the world policed themselves, we’d need no police, laws, or hate.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/19/18 at 18:25:30

I don't think anyone has to come and read the topics here.  Why take it away from the ones that benefit just because others don't?

I haven't seen anything requiring debate of any kind.  If there is it should be more clearly posted.

If damage of some kind is being done I would like to know what it is.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/19/18 at 18:35:59

Ray, Eeg, do you not see what eau is doing?
Ignore him.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #4 - 06/19/18 at 19:02:46

WebsterMark wrote on 06/19/18 at 18:35:59:
Ignore him.

It's the deeps state, quick grab your tinfoil hat. Explain to grown up adults that they should ignore me because they are unable to think for themselves and need your wise counsel. The FBI made me write that post.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 06/19/18 at 19:56:57

I don't like it
Ban it
I think it's good
Make it mandatory

Gee, my shocked face is cramping

How about this

Don't come to the Tall Table if you don't like it..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 06/20/18 at 05:19:29

WebsterMark wrote on 06/19/18 at 18:35:59:
Ignore him.

Oh Web, I understand their actions....
You see academia, Hollywood, etc, pretend that their moniker liberalism means openminededness and tolerance.
They preach inclusion, yet practice selectively, based on your beliefs, like a religion, you must adhere to the doctrine in total, or denied its club membership.....
It’s always the fault of others, when their arguments are rejected, not that it might be their fallacy as cause.

This is not new, we have been told you shouldn’t mix politics and religion at the dinner table, or mixed company.....

Why is that?

Is it ignorant is bliss, or because folks are so shallow and weak, viewing dissenting views and beliefs as a affront, and act out in a disruptive manner?

Look at the “award shows” they have become group masterbation with vulgar assaults aired at their “opposition”

Many attempts throughout time have been made on people’s God given right to expression....
Thought, and speech are just as important to a person mental and physical well being as inhaling and exhaling....

The present condition in the Politico and social arena is merely the system working, the pendulum is swinging another direction, and some folks are trying to restrict its motion....

Man has always struggled with such, it’s like love and hate, freedom and captivity, right or wrong....
When fallen man tries to “fix” things, he tries it from his own perspective and power.....
It will never be sustainable, but always a struggle to find balance.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 06/20/18 at 05:44:14

That EDS post reminds me of:
 A Ultra-Liberal don’t like something, they make a LAW, that no-one  can do it.
A Conservative don’t like something, they just don’t do it.

Someone has a ball, and he is in a game, using that ball, and he is loosing the game, he takes his ball away, and goes home, thinking that no one else can have a ball, so the game will stop without him.

What’s that called ???

Really love the, “…(many of whom do not even contribute to the main site)…”.
I wonder what the requirement could be ?
One post somewhere else, gets you, five posts on the T&T,  or should it be visa versa ?

This, “…but such fervent spewers of the hate filled rhetoric…”, is really interesting, especially when a person reads, your posts.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/20/18 at 05:52:27

It's none of these things. He's just hitting a mailbox with a bat, driving away laughing. It's a random firecracker thrown in a crowd. Nothing more.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 06/20/18 at 06:11:14

WebsterMark wrote on 06/20/18 at 05:52:27:
It's none of these things. He's just hitting a mailbox with a bat, driving away laughing. It's a random firecracker thrown in a crowd. Nothing more.

You could be right Web, but I doan tink so....
In my studies of human behavior re: addictions, almost all forms of it (addiction) is a symptom of another deficiency in their personality.
Seldom is it a “character” defect the cause, where they just kick dogs for pleasure, etc.

Passive/aggressive is often used to communicate, as they feel safer, less vulnerable to rejection, in doing so.

Again, look which side is throwing F bombs, instead of honest dialogue.
Frustration is the result of expectations not met.
Expectations are premeditated resentments.

I think my summation is closer  Wink

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/20/18 at 13:42:54

speaking of vulgarity

Watch Trump Drop The F-Bomb 5 Times In 74 Seconds

http://thefederalist.com/2016/02/26/watch-trump-drop-the-f-bomb-5-times-in-74...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 06/20/18 at 14:01:35

raydawg wrote on 06/20/18 at 06:11:14:
In my studies of human behavior re: addictions, almost all forms of it (addiction) is a symptom of another deficiency in their personality.
Seldom is it a “character” defect the cause, where they just kick dogs for pleasure, etc.

DAwg,... yer' back... didn't you just leave?...

Do you have some form of addiction?... Undecided

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 06/20/18 at 14:04:38

Expectations are premeditated resentments.

I keep thinking about that

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 06/20/18 at 14:12:17

I expect yer' right... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 06/20/18 at 14:19:59

Serowbot wrote on 06/20/18 at 14:01:35:
raydawg wrote on 06/20/18 at 06:11:14:

DAwg,... yer' back... didn't you just leave?...

Do you have some form of addiction?... Undecided

Absolutely........

Do you feel better now?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 00:33:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Time to remove the political forum, surely.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.