MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
‘Correct’, PC ?
06/18/18 at 09:32:21

‘Correct’, PC ?

(A Moderator, posted a statement, about someone calling someone a, ’Snowflake’. Then quickly took it down. During the time between me seeing that post, crafting a reply, answering the phone, chasing the squirrels from the new bird feeder, and now.  I modified the post a bit, and ask a question. What would be the, P.C.  Description, of someone who by actions, fits into the 2nd to last paragraph)

I believe calling a:
Thief a Thief. - Not, “someone who miss-approbated funds’
Lier a Lier - Not, “someone who adjusted the truth’
Drug Dealer a Drug Dealer - Not, ‘A unlicensed Pharmaceutical seller’.
Murderer a Murderer - Not, ’Someone who prematurely termites a life’.
And that PC  List is VERY   LONG.

So for someone, who, DOES, believe in, ‘PC  Correct”,  what would be a word to describe a person, who stands in the street and, Cries, or shouts, Gimme  Gimme  Gimme, or  I Want, I Want, I Want, or takes, NO  responsibility, for their actions, or expects everyone else to pay for everything they get, want, have. Or people what want a, ’safe place’, where ONLY, their ideas can be voiced. Or people that actually believe a, ’sign’, can protect them from harm ?

It is apparently, something other than, ’Snowflake’,
so what is it ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: ‘Correct’, PC ?
Reply #1 - 06/18/18 at 09:40:42

Patriot

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #2 - 06/18/18 at 10:05:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/18/18 at 09:40:42:
Patriot

Really ?

So you believe ”… a person, who stands in the street and, Cries, or shouts, Gimme  Gimme  Gimme, or  I Want, I Want, I Want, or takes, NO  responsibility, for their actions, or expects everyone else to pay for everything they get, want, have. Or people what want a, ’safe place’, where ONLY, their ideas can be voiced. Or people that actually believe a, ’sign’, can protect them from harm ?…”

Should be called a, “Patriot”. ?

OK, thought you had a different P.O.V.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 06/18/18 at 10:18:21

I’m not sure........🤔

However, instead of having to engage to the scrutiny of my speak.....
And being judged on the merit, therein.....
Can’t I just yell, F-YOU
and be granted accolades of being right?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 06/18/18 at 10:53:50

It is sad when a culture makes sport of degrading humanity...

Thanks Trump... MAGA...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 06/18/18 at 11:02:56

Snowflakes degrade society.
We just laugh at it.

Patriot, totally facetious.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 06/18/18 at 15:27:16

Serowbot wrote on 06/18/18 at 10:53:50:
"...It is sad when a culture makes sport of degrading humanity..."

Yes it is, just like: “Tiny Hands, Orangatanga, man child, etc. etc. etc.”

And if you don’t agree, you are a Nazi and KKK Lover.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/18/18 at 16:11:19

"what would be a word to describe a person, who stands in the street and, Cries, or shouts, Gimme  Gimme  Gimme, or  I Want, I Want, I Want, or takes, NO  responsibility, for their actions, or expects everyone else to pay for everything they get, want, have. Or people what want a, ’safe place’, where ONLY, their ideas can be voiced. Or people that actually believe a, ’sign’, can protect them from harm ? "

I would not call that person a "Snowflake" even though they have some snowflake components in that description.  

Snowflake = "an overly sensitive or easily offended person, or one who believes they are entitled to special treatment on account of their supposedly unique characteristics"

"Cries, or shouts, Gimme  Gimme  Gimme, or  I Want, I Want, I Want, or takes, NO  responsibility, for their actions"

This is someone who is entitled.  Snowflake by definition typically takes responsibility for their actions, even though they may believe they are entitled to certain things.  

"expects everyone else to pay for everything they get, want, have"

Snowflakes by definition do not expect everything they want to be paid for by someone else.  For instance mortgages, avocado toast, clothing and condoms are typically not on the list of public entitlements.  (Yes there will be examples of ones who do and for every example there is another with a contradicting request)

"Or people that actually believe a, ’sign’, can protect them from harm ?"

Snowflake by definition has nothing to do with projected outcomes due to signage.

The most critical component of a "Snowflake" by definition is someone who is easily offended.  this is not in the provided description.

What you are describing is a person who is entitled, and a chronic protester, but not a snowflake.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 06/18/18 at 16:33:17

Thanks for your opinion.
Have a question.
The below statement:
“…people what want a, ’safe place’, where ONLY, their ideas can be voiced…”
Should one call them:  ‘Snowflake”, “Entitled’, or ‘Chronic Crier Protester’ ?

One more question.
I said: “Or people that actually believe a, ’sign’, can protect them from harm ?"
You said: “Snowflake by definition has nothing to do with projected outcomes due to signage”

I will be more specific.
If someone reads a sign that says: ’No Guns Allowed  In Here”, and they believe that none their, could, has, or will ever bring in a gun. Therefore they are totally safe in any and all violence that may stem from a firearm.

What should one call them?
“ Snowflake”,
“ Entitled ”,
“ Chronic Protester ”.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/18/18 at 17:10:18

"“…people what want a, ’safe place’, where ONLY, their ideas can be voiced…”
Should one call them:  ‘Snowflake”, “Entitled’, or ‘Chronic Crier Protester’ ?"
"

Snowflake if one of those three are the only options, however it is inaccurate as snowflakes are ok with other ideas being voiced, they will just be offended by them easily.

"If someone reads a sign that says: ’No Guns Allowed  In Here”, and they believe that none their, could, has, or will ever bring in a gun. Therefore they are totally safe in any and all violence that may stem from a firearm."

None of the provided options fit this description.

It would be highly improbable to find a person of reasonable comprehension that would believe that a sign removes the capability of anyone, ever, possessing a firearm in that location.  By definition a "snowflake" is not incapable of reasonable comprehension, or is delusional to that point.  Same application of that assessment applies for "Entitled" and "Chronic Protester".

It would be highly improbable to find a person of reasonable comprehension to believe that what can be assumed to be a timeframe dating back to the introduction of firearms coinciding with the opening of the structure in which the signage was posted, that nobody "has" ever had a firearm there.  "Snowflakes" by definition do not consider themselves cable of knowing all interactions in the past at any location and as such would not hold that belief.  The same would go for "Entitled" and "Chronic Protester"

It would be highly improbable to find a person of reasonable comprehension to believe that no person in a future timeframe of what could be assumed infinite ("will ever") could bring a firearm into the signed location.  "Snowflakes" by definition do not predict the future or believe they are capable of predicting the actions of others within reason.  The same applies to "Entitled" and "Chronic Protester".

A person believing themselves capable of posting a sign in a location that can be confirmed to have never had a gun on it, can stop the ability for all persons to get a gun there, and can predict that it will never happen is "delusional".  

Delusional is not a requirement to be considered a snowflake.

I for one do not believe that people in general believe signs are capable of what is described above.  Signage in most of the situations I know of are for legal reasons, similar to instructions telling people not to touch the operating blade of a chainsaw.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 02:21:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › ‘Correct’, PC ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.