East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
How would YOU do it?
06/18/18 at 08:55:43

Anyone can criticize.
ANSWER the question.

You solve the problem.

This is what makes sense to me. Protect our border
Protect the kids

I can't wait to see the replies, especially from the ones who WON'T READ.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/us-could-be-holding-30-000-border-kid...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/us-could-be-holding-30-000-border-kid...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: How would YOU do it?
Reply #1 - 06/18/18 at 09:05:35

So you are asking other people to not criticize and solve the problem while presenting no potential solutions yourself?

Just clarifying that you are talking specifically about the overcrowding of minors, and that you are defining only the overcrowding as the "problem" and not other things?  Is that correct?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #2 - 06/18/18 at 09:56:17

Here’s a Idea.  A ILLEGAL is Caught, with or without family.

Their DNA, and Photo is taken, all of them.

They are put on a Buss, and dropped off at the border, with a piece of paper,  telling them, if they are caught again, they ALL  will go to JAIL. Their will be, NO  Second chances, no Second attempts.  (That info also given verbally).  Because the DNA & Photo will confirm this is the 2nd time.

Result, the, ‘word’ will get out, ’not a good idea’.

If they are caught, and this IS, their second time, they go to Jail. And that Jail time shall be doing something that benefits.

The caveat to that. Is a, Jail in the US, is probably 1,000 times Better than one in Mexico, or like, and their will be a number who will, ‘want’, to get caught.

Just like several here in the US, (specially in cold country) where they commit minor crimes, and, ‘want’ to get caught, because for 6 months or so, when the snow flies, they will get 3 a day, showers, books, TV, etc, etc, etc,. Which is ALL so much better than living under a bridge in the summer.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 06/18/18 at 11:37:47

No dodging.
The COMPLAINT is
Ripping the Baybees from mommy's arms.

That's what everyone who doesn't like Trump is freaking out over.

The problem is lack of border security.
We wouldn't HAVE to remove children from their loving families IF their parents didn't ILLEGALLY bring them in.

Providing safe places and basic necessities for the kids is all a host country can do.
Military bases and tents are not unreasonable.

Better than hauling them to the desert and dumping them out.

Or, I guess it's okay to adopt a few.
You guys figure it out.
Maybe That's the answer , the people who are so distressed by the only reasonable solution, namely, incarceration of the ADULTS and providing food and shelter for the CHILDREN they dragged into the mess, can all get together and pool money and rent an apartment complex and house the kids.

I don't NEED to offer a solution.

I'm not having a snowflake meltdown over the enforcement of the Law
OBAMA signed into law.

Trump
Evil for eliminating Obama's unaffordable health care
Evil for not eliminating this reasonable law.

It's Almost as if Trump haters can't be satisfied with anything.

It's EEEEVIL now.
The MEDIA kept quiet about it while Obama's administration did it.

Look at the pictures from when Obama was president that they misrepresented and TRIED to lay off on Trump.

But
Honesty

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/18/18 at 16:01:09

So the "problem" is people being upset with Trump and not Obama?

What are you asking for a solution to?  I thought you meant overcrowding of children in detention centers.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 06/18/18 at 16:34:55

Is
Overcrowding
What everyone is screaming about?
No
It's not
It's
Ohhh MUHGAWD, Trump is ripping BAYBEES from Mommy's arms.

What do they suggest?
Maybe don't break the law with your kids in tow..

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 06/18/18 at 17:25:18

Trump has to do this. He has to take actions that prevent others from making the trip up through Mexico. These are not refugees in the historical sense of the word. And the US has no obligation to accept immigrants who arrive on our doorstep.

I was raised by my mothers older sisters, my two older Aunts. They were raised during the depression in southern Missouri. I didn't realize it until I was older and was able to notice this, but they always ate the worst of the food and gave my sister the same. For example, we ate a lot of chicken and they always turned it over the ate the back meat and thighs.  My two older brothers and I got the pick of the bird, legs, breast and wings. When asked, they didn't necessarily realize they were doing this, but explained that as kids, the men always got the best food (aka most calories) because the rest of the household depending upon their strength to do the farm work and keep the house under repair.

Maybe a weak analogy but maybe not. The poor need a strong and free America to give them the best chance at achieving the same. Instead of importing immigrants, we should be exporting capitalism. Instead of importing illegals, we should be exporting law & order. What good does it do poor, corrupt South and Central American nations to lose those most able to travel north to escape?

Where is the conversation about reforming these nations instead of weakening ours? Where is that being talked about because I'm not hearing it.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/18/18 at 17:25:24

"Is
Overcrowding
What everyone is screaming about?"

That is what the article you referenced is talking about.  Of 14 paragraphs 3 address any conflict between party disparity regarding the change, and none address babies being ripped from mothers arms.

You ask what we would do, and to provide a solution, however the reference material doesn't focus on people who complain about the policy with poorly structured sentences.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 06/18/18 at 17:59:15

Well, gosh..
I'm more aware of the screaming about how awful it is to remove children,,

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #9 - 06/18/18 at 20:42:59

MnSpring wrote on 06/18/18 at 09:56:17:
Here’s a Idea.  A ILLEGAL is Caught, with or without family.

Putting illegal in all caps doesn't make it true. It's not illegal to be a refugee.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 06/18/18 at 21:45:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/18/18 at 17:59:15:
Well, gosh..
I'm more aware of the screaming about how awful it is to remove children,,

Perhaps an article that addresses that as its primary intent would make it easier for people to understand what exactly you want a solution presented for.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 06/19/18 at 04:24:43

I'll repeat this:
The poor need a strong and free America to give them the best chance at achieving the same. Instead of importing immigrants, we should be exporting capitalism. Instead of importing illegals, we should be exporting law & order. What good does it do poor, corrupt South and Central American nations to lose those most able to travel north to escape?

Where is the conversation about reforming these nations instead of weakening ours? Where is that being talked about because I'm not hearing it.

We cannot take it the world. If 500,000 from South and Central America flood the borders next month, what would you suggest we do?

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #12 - 06/19/18 at 06:13:16

Gee, where did your parents, grandparents come from?  Population migration is real, and has and always will be.  Change in climate (lets not get into possible whys it is changing) may force a depopulation of the Indian subcontinent within our life time.  
The never ending wars in the middle east has uprooted millions, and Middle and South America have hot spots of brutality which is forcing people to leave their homelands.
The Great China Wall didn't stop the Mongol hordes, Hadrian's wall didn't stop them wild kilted ones from visiting.  
Perhaps another plague will hit soon (and HIV/AIDS as a man made designer plague according to some) heck, we have the child destroying disease spreading in Florida.  If we arm the insurgents with tactical nukes, then whole cities might vaporize and the whole war refugee problem will go up in smoke.
Tick tock. Shocked
Actually, Web makes a good point with his question, but helping the poor and excluding "illegal" aliens are not mutually exclusive.  The real issue there is that many blue collar jobs have been lost to automation, with many more to come (or go?).  What to do with vicious national leaders is apparently a never ending question, one we may have to grapple with soon here in the USA.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 06/19/18 at 06:25:40

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/18/18 at 11:37:47:
No dodging.
The COMPLAINT is
Ripping the Baybees from mommy's arms.

That's what everyone who doesn't like Trump is freaking out over.

The problem is lack of border security.
We wouldn't HAVE to remove children from their loving families IF their parents didn't ILLEGALLY bring them in.

Providing safe places and basic necessities for the kids is all a host country can do.
Military bases and tents are not unreasonable.

Better than hauling them to the desert and dumping them out.

Or, I guess it's okay to adopt a few.
You guys figure it out.
Maybe That's the answer , the people who are so distressed by the only reasonable solution, namely, incarceration of the ADULTS and providing food and shelter for the CHILDREN they dragged into the mess, can all get together and pool money and rent an apartment complex and house the kids.

I don't NEED to offer a solution.

I'm not having a snowflake meltdown over the enforcement of the Law
OBAMA signed into law.

Trump
Evil for eliminating Obama's unaffordable health care
Evil for not eliminating this reasonable law.

It's Almost as if Trump haters can't be satisfied with anything.

It's EEEEVIL now.
The MEDIA kept quiet about it while Obama's administration did it.

Look at the pictures from when Obama was president that they misrepresented and TRIED to lay off on Trump.

But
Honesty

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 06/19/18 at 06:27:21

WebsterMark wrote on 06/19/18 at 04:24:43:
I'll repeat this:
The poor need a strong and free America to give them the best chance at achieving the same. Instead of importing immigrants, we should be exporting capitalism. Instead of importing illegals, we should be exporting law & order. What good does it do poor, corrupt South and Central American nations to lose those most able to travel north to escape?

We cannot take it the world. If 500,000 from South and Central America flood the borders next month, what would you suggest we do?

Best post in a long time by anyone

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 12:20:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › How would YOU do it?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.