Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The pompous GOP credo was a sham all along (Read 89 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
The pompous GOP credo was a sham all along
06/12/18 at 03:54:42

Not much more to add to this summing up other than to say, I truly am amazed that Trump merely has to say black is white and people act as if it's true. Still I always maintain that 'truth will out' and America will pay dearly for their tolerance of Trump and the blame must go squarely to the spineless GOP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-pompous-gop-credo-was-a-sham-all-...

Sorry, but I simply don’t understand how politically active evangelicals can reconcile devout Christian faith with uncritical support of Trump. Should all of his behavior be excused because he appoints judges who will restrict abortion and same-sex marriage rights? Then tell me, what is pro-family about a policy of forcibly separating asylum-seekers from their young children at the border? Where in the New Testament does it say that blessed are the cruel?

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: The pompous GOP credo was a sham all along
Reply #1 - 06/12/18 at 06:18:19

An immigration detention facility cant be licensed for child care from what I understand.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 06/12/18 at 06:21:03

GOP?
Where did that law come from?
If Your house is broken into and they brought children with them, how should the law deal with that?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 06/12/18 at 06:44:55

I wonder...... is abortion cruel?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/12/18 at 06:46:41

I wonder if this thread has anything to do with abortion.  I'm leaning towards no, unless ICE or CBP start doing them.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #5 - 06/12/18 at 07:35:27

Let me get this straight, you've had burglars seeking asylum in your lounge room?

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/12/18 at 06:21:03:
GOP?
If Your house is broken into and they brought children with them, how should the law deal with that?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 06/12/18 at 07:40:56

Eegore wrote on 06/12/18 at 06:46:41:
 I wonder if this thread has anything to do with abortion.  I'm leaning towards no, unless ICE or CBP start doing them.

Where in the New Testament does it say that blessed are those who endorse a woman to abort a child for convenience?

They raised abortion in the article, did they not?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 06/12/18 at 09:31:49

eau de sauvage wrote on 06/12/18 at 07:35:27:
Let me get this straight, you've had burglars seeking asylum in your lounge room?

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/12/18 at 06:21:03:
GOP?

Look up
Analogy

Illegal ENTRY into a place, hauling your kids somehow demands that the entity entered is required to yield concessions to the people who entered
Illegally.

Sorry. Life isn't like that.

What happens to children whose parents go to jail?

Maybe mommy and daddy should have thought about that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #8 - 06/12/18 at 12:12:15

Hey JoG, I have a better idea, why don't *you* look up 'straw man argument' you'll see how false analogies are the weapon of choice in this tactic. But if it helps you to reconcile your glee at bullying and racist cruelty, I guess you need to do that. But IMHO it's best to do the right thing, for a sound night's sleep.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 06/12/18 at 13:23:42

Calling the ability to see how reality works somehow a fault is your skill.
It's not a straw man argument.
Look it up.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 06/12/18 at 13:46:57

I, for one, did not vote for Trump to be Pastor for the United States. I voted for him to run the country.

By all accounts, Obama was a fine and moral man. Anyone would be happy to have him as a neighbor. Someone who you'd lend tools to and someone whom you could borrow a tool from. As a President, he was just a hair above worthless. Another Jimmy Carter.

You never want the truth to get in the way of a good story and I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate but it was said Martin Luther proclaimed "I'd rather be ruled by a wise Turk than a foolish Christian."

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 06/12/18 at 14:07:04

eau de sauvage wrote on 06/12/18 at 12:12:15:
Hey JoG, I have a better idea, why don't *you* look up 'straw man argument' you'll see how false analogies are the weapon of choice in this tactic. But if it helps you to reconcile your glee at bullying and racist cruelty, I guess you need to do that. But IMHO it's best to do the right thing, for a sound night's sleep.

It's the same thing. In KIND.
Only different in scale.
If it's Actually a straw man, you can explain HOW that is true.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 06/12/18 at 14:21:14

raydawg wrote on 06/12/18 at 07:40:56:
Eegore wrote on 06/12/18 at 06:46:41:

Where in the New Testament does it say that blessed are those who endorse a woman to abort a child for convenience?

They raised abortion in the article, did they not?

In the manner that this article is written I would say that forced abortions are cruel.  Abortions by choice would be similar to immigrants volunteering to give their children up.

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #13 - 06/13/18 at 03:39:25

Abortions by choice would be similar to immigrants volunteering to give their children up. [/quote]

To be taken out and shot?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 06/13/18 at 03:54:25

Not shot. Chopped into little pieces and tossed into a fire. Or turned into a slushee. Or killed and divided into pieces for medical experiments. The oldest ones get holes drilled into their heads and brains sucked out first to make sure their good and dead before starting one of the other procedures.

There, that completes the analogy.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 12:47:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The pompous GOP credo was a sham all along

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.