Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone know of a higher seat for a '96 Savage? (Read 73 times)
bovman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Anyone know of a higher seat for a '96 Savage?
06/11/18 at 16:44:46

The stock one is just to low for someone over six feet tall.
It's a great bike!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Anyone know of a higher seat for a '96 Savage?
Reply #1 - 06/11/18 at 18:15:40

Most of our tall guys put forward controls on.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #2 - 06/11/18 at 23:19:57

Some have made custom mounting brackets and used Triumph or Harley sportster seats . Solo seats can be mounted at nearly any height.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 06/12/18 at 08:56:37

Having a 34 inch inseam ,and not liking the look , or the fact that forward controls make it nearly impossible to lift your body off the seat while moving over a really bad (speed) bump ,and the advantage of keeping all the controls stock in the event of damage near or far from home, I choose to a different route. Rather than move my feet forward ,or raising the seat( moving weight higher), I moved my seating position, for myself(and I carry a passenger) back about 4 inches.If anyone is interested  I'll go into further detail.

IP Logged
Titsken
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/22/18 at 07:23:47

batman wrote on 06/12/18 at 08:56:37:
Having a 34 inch inseam ,and not liking the look , or the fact that forward controls make it nearly impossible to lift your body off the seat while moving over a really bad (speed) bump ,and the advantage of keeping all the controls stock in the event of damage near or far from home, I choose to a different route. Rather than move my feet forward ,or raising the seat( moving weight higher), I moved my seating position, for myself(and I carry a passenger) back about 4 inches.If anyone is interested  I'll go into further detail.

How did you do it?

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #5 - 06/22/18 at 21:09:27

I used a HD sportster seat ,bobbed some of the frame posts (about half) where the two bolts hold the front of the stock seat and welded in a crossbar ,this was drilled to except much longer upper bolts and spacers for the upper fender mounts ,the lower mounting bolt where retained , This allowed the fender to be tipped back and downward fitting the curve of the rear of the one piece seat to match the fender and the front of the seat to fit tight to the top frame rails aft of the gas tank. the problems then became tire to fender clearance (1/2" for stock shocks that move 2") so these 10 "stock ones were replaced with 12"progressive  shocks ( providing 3"of movement, better handling/ ground clearance - my front pegs no longer get ground , and reduced rake and trail ). the other problem was the angle of the swingarm made the stock passenger pegs to close to the muffler ,so I made brackets off the swingarm that move them wider and 7" farther forward, with custom pegs, giving the passenger the same feet forward (more comfortable )position  I enjoy , and a lot less movement being only 4"back from the point of pivot .That's the basics , but I also employed HD fenders , custom fender /saddlebag supports etc. I spent about $700 dollars on the build but I have a high degree of larceny .

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 06/22/18 at 22:48:09

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 08:26:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Anyone know of a higher seat for a '96 Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.