Send Topic Print
why the antagonism? (Read 76 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

why the antagonism?
06/05/18 at 12:31:08

I'm letting it go.

As best I can anyway.  

if you can't talk to me without trying to make me into the enemy, I don't need to talk to you.

not everything is a giant conspiracy, or the evil's of liberals or conservatives or whoever.  If you have to identify everything that way, I don't need to talk to you.

not everything is extreme in every way, there are complete areas of VAST grey without slippery slopes.  If you push everything to the edge, I don't need to talk to you.

Undecided

now you know why I haven't been talking here much lately

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: why the antagonism?
Reply #1 - 06/05/18 at 13:25:22

who's being antagonistic? I thought everything was fine. I'm having interesting discussion with eegore.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/05/18 at 15:02:51

I don't have an expectation of how people will react to anything I say.  I still get private messages complaining that I don't ride my own bikes.  I cant imagine why anyone cares about that, but they do.

State what you want, who cares if anyone else wants to turn pretty much every thread into something about Trump or Hillary or Millennials or whatever else.  

If you are their enemy for having an opinion on a motorcycle forum then good for them.  

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/06/18 at 09:57:50

Interesting post "lostartist" considering that the rudest most disrespectful person I have run into on this forum was you.... You are why I rarely post here anymore.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 06/06/18 at 11:57:40

When people profess a position that doesn't stand up to a logical analysis and after that is established and they Will Not change their thinking,
Frustration springs up, and that's why the animosity.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/07/18 at 12:46:10

MShipley wrote on 06/06/18 at 09:57:50:
Interesting post "lostartist" considering that the rudest most disrespectful person I have run into on this forum was you.... You are why I rarely post here anymore.

well, I understand, and I apologize, trying to turn over a new leaf, we'll see how it goes

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/07/18 at 12:47:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/06/18 at 11:57:40:
When people profess a position that doesn't stand up to a logical analysis and after that is established and they Will Not change their thinking,
Frustration springs up, and that's why the animosity.

I understand that, as I know it goes both ways, I'm trying to rise above that, but, I'm not the best person in the world so idk if I can.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/07/18 at 12:51:24

LostArtist wrote on 06/07/18 at 12:46:10:

well, I understand, and I apologize, trying to turn over a new leaf, we'll see how it goes

I respect that, we all have failures, I fully understand that it is a trying time to have conversations.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 06/07/18 at 13:27:05

Lost, I will break my self imposed exile of this board to respond to you....

Please understand what I am saying is not lecturing, or advising you, merely sharing of my own experiences of life, I hope that makes clear sense to you.

I have found through my 65.5 years of living that nothing will come to me, if it’s predicated on others having to “give it.”
If what I say, or do, is based on my “expectations” then I have been unfairly burdening any honest chance at relationships.
In fact, clinically speaking, I have chosen to be co-dependant, in others, and if my words/actions do not result in filling those “needs” anger and resentment will be the resulting...
Which I can then pass on to them, as cause, never finding what I am supposedly looking for because I am the one not being honest and truthful to myself.
It can quickly cycle itself over and over again, but the results remain the same.
If I can not be brutally honest about myself, which will then free me to “listen” to others, not agree, but listen.....
Then I will never know the true me, nor know real sustainable peace, through self acceptance, and self worth, is....
And BTW, we will never reach the fix, or repair, never, all mankind is fallen, and his task is daily, to try and overcome our own selfish nature.

I am not a unique or wise, or have anything above anyone else, no, all I can honestly do is try and be honest, to myself, and at times, it eludes me, but I keep trying.

I hope you find peace and joy, you find one, you found the other  Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/07/18 at 13:32:06

MShipley wrote on 06/07/18 at 12:51:24:

I respect that, we all have failures, I fully understand that it is a trying time to have conversations.

it really doesn't help when the conversations aren't focused either, when everyone wants to make a slam dunk case and destroy the other position and condemn them to every position their "side" takes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 23:59:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › why the antagonism?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.