Send Topic Print
Must be summer (Read 28 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Must be summer
05/28/18 at 16:43:51

Today got the sporty up n running with a short shake down cruise , just long enough to terrorize the down town area. Wow she runs sweet , loud and fast , she's not much on obeying any speed limits here in town. Roll the grip and she's gone ,not a cruiser by any means. Just finished a early dinner , a BBQ with New York steaks ,corn on the cob and garlic bread with  ice cold PBR. Cleaned my above ground Swimmin hole today and I think it's time for a dip with several more ice cold PBRs. Was a strange fall,winter & spring but I think we have turned the corner into summer , at last ! Next weekend me & the sportster will be heading for the twisties , today was my first ride in 7 months , what a adrenalin rush , the best therapy for cabin fever !!!!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Must be summer
Reply #1 - 05/28/18 at 18:44:50

Yep....it's summer.

Today I dug out the perfectly good lawn area on one edge of the porch, as my wife wanted a "garden" in that spot.  Out went the sod...in went edging and 3 bushes of some kind - and then the soil I have been growing in our compost pile for the last year.

Then I snuck in a short ride to the nursing home to visit my uncle, then back home to mow the yard and bush hog the field.

Then I mixed up a couple of Margaritas (a double for the wife), and we took a nice long, refreshing drenching in the outdoor shower I built at the edge of the woods........now we are just chilling!

Life is good - even though some it involves digging up the yard when it is 92 degrees!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 05/28/18 at 18:58:14

Yeah was 92 here too , the hottest day this year so far , rained here twice last week. Something about backyard lounging,bbqing,floatin on the pool makes for a very relaxing day and getting paid to stay home helps a little too ! Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #3 - 05/28/18 at 19:04:59

Too much rain here in central Alabama to ride today, on two wheels anyway. Best friend since age 4-ish that I haven’t seen in 10 years came to visit and we were riding 4 wheelers with the kids in the morning. Rehabbed a free set of gas hedge trimmers and rigged up an anti-squirrel setup for my bird feeders. Now just chillaxin’ as we wind down and get ready to head back to work tomorrow.

Happy Memorial Day and thanks to those that made the ultimate sacrifice so we can do all that we do here in the USA! Don’t take for granted your freedom!

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 03:36:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Must be summer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.