Send Topic Print
Let's not get confused (Read 175 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Let's not get confused
05/25/18 at 06:53:29

School shooters are NOT robbing a store.
They know what their future is. Death or prison. Cruz is the only one who had a get away.

Why do invisible CC guns matter when
Visible signs don't stop bad guys?

That needs Explained?

I'll do it if necessary, but it's kinda obvious isn't it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Let's not get confused
Reply #1 - 05/25/18 at 07:07:21

so my experiment last night was 4 for 4.
4 retail facilities with no weapons allowed signs, 4 with no guards. Not a surprise.

I still hope a victim sues a business for failure to keep them safe because by putting a sign up that says you are forbidden to protect yourself, by default then,  the facilities assumes responsibility for your safety.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/25/18 at 09:03:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/25/18 at 06:53:29:
School shooters are NOT robbing a store.
They know what their future is. Death or prison. Cruz is the only one who had a get away.

Why do invisible CC guns matter when
Visible signs don't stop bad guys?

That needs Explained?

I'll do it if necessary, but it's kinda obvious isn't it?

in the school shootings, the shooters KNEW there were armed security there, NO IF ANDS OR BUTS about it. no concealed "oh what if....."  

do you think that criminals really think.... oh there's a 1 in 15 chance that this person may be carrying concealed before committing whatever idiotic violent crime they are going to?  

aren't most violent crimes crimes of passion?  

anyway.....

found this study
https://economics.nd.edu/assets/165124/craig_chval_concealed_carry_laws_berno...

Abstract

Over the past 30 years, a number of U.S. states have relaxed concealed carry laws. An argument for this shift in statutes is the claim that such laws deter criminals who fear their potential victims will be armed. Using state-level data from 1981 to 2012 within a difference-in-difference framework, I investigate the effect of shall-issue concealed carry laws on violent crime rates. I find the passage of such laws is an associated with a statistically significant 7 percent increase in violent crime. I illustrate this effect with 14 states that adopted right-to-carry laws between 1994 and 1996. Because concealed carry permit holders tend to be law abiding, I conclude that a general rise in gun culture that comes with concealed carry laws is likely to contribute to higher violent crime rates.

here's another one:
Does carrying a gun make you safer? No. In fact, right-to-carry laws increase violent crime
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-ol-patt-morrison-asks-john-donohue-gu...

Does carrying a gun make you safer? Does it make other people safer? Millions of Americans who pack heat think so, and 33 states with “right to carry” laws permit them to tote a gun. But a long-range study released by the National Bureau of Economic Research found that these states would have had less violent crime had they restricted gun-carrying. John J. Donohue, a Stanford law professor and economist, is a lead author of the analysis, which used more than 30 years of crime statistics and a novel algorithm: Researchers identified states whose crime rates paralleled those of states like Texas before it passed a “right to carry” law, and came up with models -- called synthetic states -- to look at before-and-after violent crime in right-to-carry states and non-right-to-carry “synthetic” states. It’s comparing apples and virtual apples, and Donohue – who’s also an expert witness in a right-to-carry lawsuit against the state of California -- concluded that gun-toting indeed makes a difference in violent crime: it can increase it, by as much as 15%

and I could probably do this all day....

are these biased..  maybe, but your NRA ones are too...  

are the methods and criteria flawed in some way..  maybe, but maybe the studies you cite have similar issues..

so we are stuck with everyone believing their own confirmation biases and believing the stats they want to and calling the rest "fake news"

what a useless freaking argument.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 05/25/18 at 09:43:46

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/25/18 at 06:35:53:
NRA Publications

Search
APPEARS IN NEWS
FBI Report Highlights Effectiveness of Concealed Carry
by Guy J. Sagi - Monday, May 21, 2018

More
SUBSCRIBE
The FBI’s recently released “Active Shooter Incidents in the United States in 2016 and 2017” report [PDF] indicates 16 percent of crimes that qualify for inclusion in the paper were stopped by a law-abiding citizen with a gun. The figure represents more than a five-fold increase from the agency’s 2000-2013 study [PDF], when the figure was 3.1 percent.

The 2014 and 2015 report, the first biennial study on the topic released by the agency, adds statistical weight to the long-term trend. During those years, 5 percent of the attacks were stopped by armed citizens. It states, “In 2 separate incidents, a citizen with a valid firearms permit exchanged gunfire with the shooter before the shooters were restrained and taken into custody by law enforcement.” In only one of those incidents during 2014 and 2015 was an armed citizen shot and killed during an active-shooter scenario, the report stating that the “…citizen with a valid firearms permit pursued shooters inside a store, but was shot and killed before he fired his weapon.”

The latest study states, “In four incidents citizens possessing valid firearms permits stopped the shooter.” In two of the cases no shots were taken by the armed citizen and the perpetrator was held until law enforcement’s arrival. In the other two cited by the rep

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/5/21/fbi-report-highlights-...

The FBI report states that CC increased from 3 to 16% in 3 years.  So it was less than 3% previously.  Would there be a tipping point when CC will reduce VC?  If the chance meeting someone with a gun was 1 in a 100 vs. 1 in 6?  Or is it 'hey I'm packing so I can go where ever I want'?

WWW   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/25/18 at 11:00:51

verslagen1 wrote on 05/25/18 at 09:43:46:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/25/18 at 06:35:53:
NRA Publications

Search
APPEARS IN NEWS
by Guy J. Sagi - Monday, May 21, 2018

More
SUBSCRIBE
The FBI’s recently released “Active Shooter Incidents in the United States in 2016 and 2017” report [PDF] indicates 16 percent of crimes that qualify for inclusion in the paper were stopped by a law-abiding citizen with a gun. The figure represents more than a five-fold increase from the agency’s 2000-2013 study [PDF], when the figure was 3.1 percent.

The 2014 and 2015 report, the first biennial study on the topic released by the agency, adds statistical weight to the long-term trend. During those years, 5 percent of the attacks were stopped by armed citizens. It states, “In 2 separate incidents, a citizen with a valid firearms permit exchanged gunfire with the shooter before the shooters were restrained and taken into custody by law enforcement.” In only one of those incidents during 2014 and 2015 was an armed citizen shot and killed during an active-shooter scenario, the report stating that the “…citizen with a valid firearms permit pursued shooters inside a store, but was shot and killed before he fired his weapon.”

The latest study states, “In four incidents citizens possessing valid firearms permits stopped the shooter.” In two of the cases no shots were taken by the armed citizen and the perpetrator was held until law enforcement’s arrival. In the other two cited by the rep

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/5/21/fbi-report-highlights-...

The FBI report states that CC increased from 3 to 16% in 3 years.  So it was less than 3% previously.  Would there be a tipping point when CC will reduce VC?  If the chance meeting someone with a gun was 1 in a 100 vs. 1 in 6?  Or is it 'hey I'm packing so I can go where ever I want'?

no, unfortunately, it appears that it goes the other way, more concealed carry = more violent crime,

but sure... only the NRA study is valid...

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #5 - 05/25/18 at 11:43:25

LostArtist wrote on 05/25/18 at 11:00:51:
" no, unfortunately, it appears that it goes the other way, more concealed carry = more violent crime,  but sure... only the NRA study is valid...  

So then something from the, Washington Post,
is not at all valid ?  After 8 Years of  Gun Sales, and CC's going through the roof ?
"...Older data suggests that gun violence might have been even more widespread previously..."
"...This decline in gun violence is part of an overall decline in violent crime..."
"...the national rate of violent crime has decreased 49 percent since its apex in 1991. Even as a certain type of mass shooting is apparently becoming more frequent, America has become a much less violent place..."

And LOOK, where this info is From !
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/03/weve-had-a-massive-dec...

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 05/25/18 at 13:27:08

no, unfortunately, it appears that it goes the other way, more concealed carry = more violent crime,

but sure... only the NRA study is valid...  

NRA story
FBI report
but spin it.

WWW   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/25/18 at 13:49:04

MnSpring wrote on 05/25/18 at 11:43:25:
" no, unfortunately, it appears that it goes the other way, more concealed carry = more violent crime,  but sure... only the NRA study is valid...  

So then something from the, Washington Post,
is not at all valid ?  After 8 Years of  Gun Sales, and CC's going through the roof ?
"...Older data suggests that gun violence might have been even more widespread previously..."
"...This decline in gun violence is part of an overall decline in violent crime..."
"...the national rate of violent crime has decreased 49 percent since its apex in 1991. Even as a certain type of mass shooting is apparently becoming more frequent, America has become a much less violent place..."

And LOOK, where this info is From !
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/03/weve-had-a-massive-dec...

did you read this???

it says:

Much of the decline in violence is still unexplained, but researchers have identified several reasons for the shift. Here are five.

1. More police officers on the beat

....  <--indicates that there is more text here, I'm just listing the big subtitles here

2. Police using computers

3. Less booze

4. Less lead

5. A better economy

no where does it say anything about CCLs

did you miss-link this or something?  

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 05/25/18 at 14:17:38

LostArtist wrote on 05/25/18 at 13:49:04:
  "... no where does it say anything about CCLs ..."

Nop it dosen't, and I didn't say it did.

Yet the statements:"...Older data suggests that gun violence might have been even more widespread previously..."

(Coming from a rather Liberal place)
Coupled with the Very Well KNOWN  FACT.
That under B.O. Gun sales, and Permits,
went up at a rate never seen before.
 So adding 2 + 2 ......  
(Oh that's right, for some  2+2, can = 3 or 5)

The, More police, and using computers, Less booze,  Less lead,  better economy, certainly contributed to it.
Yet it most certainly was NOT  the fundamental reason.

Oh,  Point out, where, it was said:
 ‘Banning Guns, leads to Less Violence’  ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/25/18 at 14:19:32

okay, someone help me out here....

in this report...

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/active-shooter-incidents-us-2016-2017.pdf...

or this report:
https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/active-shooter-study-2000-2013-1.pdf/view

which are used in this article https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/5/21/fbi-report-highlights-... posted by JOG

it doesn't mention anything about CCL...  like anywhere?  or did I miss it???  

in the one report it says:
it says "8 shooters stopped by citizens" of the 50 incidents...  

that's actually 16%.... not 10%...  

and in the other it says, out of 40, 6 were stopped by citizens

and if you combine the two  that's 17%....  

so, what gives???  

okay, it seems the word "permit" is what's used in the report, not CCL or conceal or anything else I was searching for...

still...idk, I'm going to read through these reports more thoroughly ...  but something smells wrong right now with the article from the obviously unbiased and no agenda driven "shootingillustrated.com"

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #10 - 05/25/18 at 14:34:47

LostArtist wrote on 05/25/18 at 14:19:32:
okay, someone help me out here.... ..."

Depending on where you are, State, County, City.
Their is no 'universal, one word', to mean.
'A License to publicly carry a firearm'
I have heard it referred to as CCW, CCP, CC, CP, PTC, Permit, and their are more.  

So, in the, 'Context', of the article/s
One knows what is being talked about.

(Oh, got to remember, 2 + 2, just may, = 5)

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/25/18 at 16:43:28

LostArtist wrote on 05/25/18 at 13:49:04:
  "... no where does it say anything about CCLs ..."

Nop it dosen't, and I didn't say it did.

yes, yes you did, or at least you implied it heavily by saying something and then linking to a source article to defend that something

"So then something from the, Washington Post,
is not at all valid ?  After 8 Years of  Gun Sales, and CC's going through the roof ?"

this something, that article that doesn't mention CC's at all...  that's the only something it could be right?  after all you LINKED to that article from the Washington Post.....

Yet the statements:"...Older data suggests that gun violence might have been even more widespread previously..."

(Coming from a rather Liberal place)

Coupled with the Very Well KNOWN  FACT.
That under B.O. Gun sales, and Permits,
went up at a rate never seen before.
 So adding 2 + 2 ......  
(Oh that's right, for some  2+2, can = 3 or 5)

"decreased 49 percent since its apex in 1991"

see that's your problem, you are assuming that much of that 49% decrease happened recently, under Obama....

when IN REALITY, much of that drop really happened under Clinton  

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/dueling-claims-on-crime-trend/

in fact, didn't Trump and the Republican party in general keep saying that under Obama, in his last 2 years that violent crime went UP???  but if there were more CC's than EVER before...  why'd that happen???  

see how it just doesn't add up for you??  

so which is it? did violent crime go UP with the most CC's ever... or maybe CCs and violent crime aren't really all that strongly correlated....  

The, More police, and using computers, Less booze,  Less lead,  better economy, certainly contributed to it.
Yet it most certainly was NOT  the fundamental reason.

even though that's the ONLY reasons given in the article, you just go ahead and put your own imaginary reason in there...  

Oh,  Point out, where, it was said:
 ‘Banning Guns, leads to Less Violence’  ?

well, when the major part of the reduction of violent crime happens under an "assault" weapons....  maybe that's not unfair.. but I didn't say that, and neither did the article/s

I say education will lead to less violence

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/25/18 at 16:44:24

MnSpring wrote on 05/25/18 at 14:34:47:
LostArtist wrote on 05/25/18 at 14:19:32:
okay, someone help me out here.... ..."

Depending on where you are, State, County, City.
Their is no 'universal, one word', to mean.
'A License to publicly carry a firearm'
I have heard it referred to as CCW, CCP, CC, CP, PTC, Permit, and their are more.  

So, in the, 'Context', of the article/s
One knows what is being talked about.

(Oh, got to remember, 2 + 2, just may, = 5)

yeah, I figured that part out genius.... the math still doesn't work

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 05/25/18 at 18:40:51

Let's try to just Think.

Are there more CC guns now than when lefties were screaming about the coming
Blood in the Streets?
Yep.

Blood in the Streets?
Go to the shitholes of lefty logic.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 05/29/18 at 15:48:57

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/25/18 at 18:40:51:
Let's try to just Think.

Are there more CC guns now than when lefties were screaming about the coming
Blood in the Streets?
Yep.

Blood in the Streets?
Go to the shitholes of lefty logic.

what?

so, what time period are you looking at cause You've lost me, I mean, I've only been alive for 40 years so maybe you remember some awfulness I don't, but there have been many studies about why crime went down since the 90's, none of them point to CC 

I really don't know what the heck you are talking about though...  but sure, just keep thinking you are right, no point in arguing with you anyway

GFY

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 20:08:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Let's not get confused

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.