Send Topic Print
EPA bars AP, CNN (Read 90 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: EPA bars AP, CNN
Reply #15 - 05/22/18 at 16:38:40

Like I've said before,... racism isn't a single thing,... it becomes clearer with each act or statement.
If you look for it through partisan eyes, you can see anything.

Trump has plenty.
It's very clear to those he disenfranchises.
It's not clear to me.

Ask any DACA kid whose life Trump has put in turmoil...
The leaders of their home countries are responsible for their situation.
Trump has not put them in turmoil. Congress, Obama, Bush before him ignored an obvious situation. Trump begged Congress to do something and something must be done.

Trump's America is cruel and heartless,... putting self interest above principals and humanity.
I just don't see it that way. Unemployment is at its lowest point, black unemployment is at its lowest. How is that cruel? How is that heartless? Would those who've benefited say our recent policies are cruel and heartless? You think a little black boy whose father is working now would prefer the way it was before?

That's not the America we have worked to create.
We are disgraced in the eyes of the world.

I'm sorry, but I speak to people overseas regularly. I'm not sure you do, but maybe. The people I speak to don't see it that way. The people you hear on the news do. You gotta get out more! And why would we want to be like the rest of the world? Like who? France? Italy? Germany? Sweden?

Trump is not who I would have picked to carry the flag we needed to be carried to save this nation for a while longer, but he was the one who picked it up. You will win in the end. Your side will win. And the US will lose.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 05/22/18 at 18:23:36

WebsterMark wrote on 05/22/18 at 15:42:52:
Serowbot wrote on 05/22/18 at 15:29:39:
"They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”
In no way a racist statement.

“Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke, OK? I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So I don’t know.”

“Look at my African American over here. Look at him.”
Have no idea of the context.

Trump said the Mexican ancestry of a federal judge born in Indiana should disqualify him from presiding over a fraud lawsuit against Trump
And why did he say that?  

“Our inner cities, African Americans, Hispanics are living in hell because it’s so dangerous. You walk down the street, you get shot.”
Truth.

Haitian immigrants “all have AIDS” and Nigerian immigrants will never “go back to their huts” in Africa.
I don't believe he said that. You're gonna have to prove that.

“I think there is blame on both sides.…You also had people that were very fine people on both sides.…Not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me."
Explain how that's even remotely racist.

“They’re trying to take away our culture. They’re trying to take away our history. And our weak leaders, they do it overnight. These things have been there for 150 years, for a hundred years. You go back to a university and it's gone. Weak, weak people.”

“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a pregnant dog off the field right now. Out. He’s fired. He’s fired!’”
How is that racist?

“You were here long before any of us were here. Although we have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas.”
Racist?

Trump drew condemnation from British Prime Minister Theresa May for sharing three anti-Muslim videos from a far-right British nationalist who was recently arrested for inciting hatred and violence against Muslims. The videos purported to show Muslims engaged in violent or anti-Christian acts. One of them, titled “Muslim migrant beats up Dutch boy on crutches!” did not actually show a migrant beating the boy; the attacker was born and raised in the Netherlands.

Plus, there was Trump's race code applications lawsuit which he settles without admitting guilt...
That's rich for guilty...
Along with Chuck Schumer. There's a lot more to that story.

“Do you have to spray paint the n-word in the Oval Office or have a hood in the Lincoln bedroom to be a racist?" Sharpton said.
Sharpton? Seriously?
And in 1989, Trump purchased ads calling for the death penalty for the “Central Park Five,” four black men and one Latino man accused of rape who were later exonerated thanks to DNA evidence — but Trump still insisted they were guilty during the 2016 presidential election.

No, they were not exactly exonerated.

Just exactly what is your definition of racist because I'm confused. As far as I can tell, it's any statement you don't agree with. If I say we should celebrate Columbus Day, I'm racist. if I say I don't like Obama, I'm racist. If I say I think rap 'music' is stupid, I'm racist. If I say in St Louis, blacks are responsible for 99% of the murders last year, I'm racist.

I see ridiculous fist bumping and
+1000
For stupid answers.

I rarely bother with the cheerleader thing,
But you have made logical arguments and unless things have changed, none will be actually countered.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #17 - 05/23/18 at 10:42:31

(In BOTH  Cases below, the person that did them, was NOT known)

If someone said:
“That  Graffiti was done by a Gang Member”
Their would be a Lot of people,
  screaming;  ‘racism’, from the rooftops.

Yet if someone said:
“That Bald Eagle was shot by a Hunter”
 No one would blink a eye.

WHY ?

I Believe, it is because the ‘group’ of people, that call the first statement, racism, are so sensitive, (do I dare say: ’Snowflake Like’), and look to making every little thing, as bad as they can make it, Just to slam, what they believe are, ’the other side’.

Another ‘group’ of people, think: ‘well of course it was not a ‘hunter’, it was a vandal’, then go on their way.

Or it could be just a reporter, who is very anti-gun, and inserting their personal opinion, that all ‘hunters’, because they use, ‘guns’, are Bad ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 05/23/18 at 13:50:05

WebsterMark wrote on 05/22/18 at 15:42:52:
Serowbot wrote on 05/22/18 at 15:29:39:
"They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”

hint, it's the "I assume" part that's racist.  

“Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke, OK? I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So I don’t know.”

no, but it is ignorant and allows racist to say that Trump is defending them by not immediately condemning them as any other politician would have done

“Look at my African American over here. Look at him.”
Have no idea of the context.

so, a white guy, rich white guy, claiming and African American... using him for display purposes doesn't ring a little wrong to you?

Trump said the Mexican ancestry of a federal judge born in Indiana should disqualify him from presiding over a fraud lawsuit against Trump
And why did he say that?  

Because he thinks Mexicans aren't capable to being impartial or capable of doing their job, a judge in this case, or he thinks all Mexicans automatically hate Trump because he's calling for a wall...  either way it shows that he doesn't think much of a judge because of his race.

“Our inner cities, African Americans, Hispanics are living in hell because it’s so dangerous. You walk down the street, you get shot.”
Truth.

not true at all, there are many predominantly hispanic and african american streets that I'd easily walk down without fear of being shot or assaulted at all, heck, half of Texas is hispanic, no fear here.

Haitian immigrants “all have AIDS” and Nigerian immigrants will never “go back to their huts” in Africa.
I don't believe he said that. You're gonna have to prove that.

true, it's just hearsay at the moment

“I think there is blame on both sides.…You also had people that were very fine people on both sides.…Not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me."
Explain how that's even remotely racist.

he's defending racists. if you march with a neo-nazi....  you're either really stupid, or maybe you're a bit racist...

“They’re trying to take away our culture. They’re trying to take away our history. And our weak leaders, they do it overnight. These things have been there for 150 years, for a hundred years. You go back to a university and it's gone. Weak, weak people.”

“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a pregnant dog off the field right now. Out. He’s fired. He’s fired!’”
How is that racist?

the reason for the protest by kneeling is that black people are getting shot by cops, it's a protest to protect black people, he doesn't address that at all, to him it's a simply disrespect of the flag, but that's not what the protestors are saying, but he doesn't care... but marching with neo-nazis.... oh there's layers there...   So he's choosing who he thinks can have nuanced positions and who can't, based on.... ?  maybe race, maybe his nationalist tendencies, so I'll give this a 50/50

“You were here long before any of us were here. Although we have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas.”
Racist?

it's belittling of Native Americans, he's equating one of their "heroes?" to someone he doesn't respect, therefor he doesn't respect them

Trump drew condemnation from British Prime Minister Theresa May for sharing three anti-Muslim videos from a far-right British nationalist who was recently arrested for inciting hatred and violence against Muslims. The videos purported to show Muslims engaged in violent or anti-Christian acts. One of them, titled “Muslim migrant beats up Dutch boy on crutches!” did not actually show a migrant beating the boy; the attacker was born and raised in the Netherlands.

Plus, there was Trump's race code applications lawsuit which he settles without admitting guilt...
That's rich for guilty...
Along with Chuck Schumer. There's a lot more to that story.

not really, he used misinformation to justify distrust of muslims, slandering them from the presidential platform

“Do you have to spray paint the n-word in the Oval Office or have a hood in the Lincoln bedroom to be a racist?" Sharpton said.
Sharpton? Seriously?

yeah, Sharpton...  not the best role model here

And in 1989, Trump purchased ads calling for the death penalty for the “Central Park Five,” four black men and one Latino man accused of rape who were later exonerated thanks to DNA evidence — but Trump still insisted they were guilty during the 2016 presidential election.

No, they were not exactly exonerated.

yes, they were "...Matias Reyes, who eventually confessed to the crime, to the case at the time that it happened. DNA evidence identified him as the sole contributor of the semen found in and on the rape victim."  

Just exactly what is your definition of racist because I'm confused. As far as I can tell, it's any statement you don't agree with. If I say we should celebrate Columbus Day, I'm racist. if I say I don't like Obama, I'm racist. If I say I think rap 'music' is stupid, I'm racist. If I say in St Louis, blacks are responsible for 99% of the murders last year, I'm racist.

So giving Trump the benefit of the doubt.....
a lot of this is the secondary kind of racism, it's not the outward lynching of black people, but it's the suspicion of them as being lesser and not worthy, it's the painting them as the "other" instead of including them, and saying, yes, we should look into why laws were written this way, and why cops (and others) are so so so so afraid of people of color...  

sorry if that green is too hard to read...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 05:30:15

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › EPA bars AP, CNN

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.