Send Topic Print
Wild wild west... (Read 415 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Wild wild west...
Reply #15 - 05/18/18 at 21:17:10

that young men no longer need to be deeply disturbed to contemplate horrific acts."

That's scary.

And I see a connection with calling the Unnatural, Normal

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #16 - 05/18/18 at 21:50:41

The problem is not a specific one, the problem with these never ending school shootings is simple the gun culture itself. And a general culture fostered by social media to emulate. So the more this happens the more it will happen. However we note that there were armed security people who got shot, so it would seem that more guns are not the answer. Underlying the general gun culture is trump's exploitation of fear, hatred and divisiveness. Not because that's what he wants to achieve per se, it's just that it fulfils his short terms greed and pathological narcissism.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #17 - 05/19/18 at 07:08:58

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 05/18/18 at 12:53:28:
"...  call others "snowflakes" ..."

YOU would be wrong.
I do not call just any, ‘others’, Snowflakes.
 I Do  call,  Snowflakes, Snowflakes !

I do know what, Snowflakes, call me,
(On this,  forum. And that is a VERY  long list of nasty names.)
Just because I am Conservative.  
Voted for Trump.
 Believe in this Country.
   And believe, it is better for a Leader, to go to the Front of the line, rather than BOW,  to a Dictator !

I would think a Snowflake,
 would be, proud, to be called a Snowflake.
After all, it symbolizes,
 what the Snowflake so strongly believes in.

If one should not call a  Snowflake, a Snowflake,
I am lost, perhaps someone could tell me,
        what to call,  a   Snowflake ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #18 - 05/19/18 at 07:18:40

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/18/18 at 16:01:19:
WHY are young people willing to go to school and kill people?
It's not the guns or bombs MAKING them do that. The idea that making a certain area
Off limits
For guns hasn't been successful.
So, what is wrong with society that is creating such angry young men?
How many shooters are girls?
How many?
WTF IS going on that is so pissing people OFF?
Find WHY it's happening.
Then the solution is much easier.
Hey, but that's just me.
I'm an idiot, right?

Gosh NO.
 It's ONLY  the, 'GUNS' Fault.
After all, ALL, those, 'people',Say So.

And they All say, Take Away GUNS,
from Honest Citizens, their will be NO MORE  CRAZIES, with a gun.
        Right !!!!!
Hey, (as someone else said),
just look how well that works in CHICAGO !

Just waiting for the report on what kind/brand/mod
of shotgun and 38 Revolver.
Because both them most Certainly,
need to be ADDED to the List of the,
         Evil other gun/s.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 05/20/18 at 06:35:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/18/18 at 21:17:10:
that young men no longer need to be deeply disturbed to contemplate horrific acts."

That's scary.

And I see a connection with calling the Unnatural, Normal

you see a lot of things.....   sorry, couldn't resist  Grin

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 05/20/18 at 16:54:03

eau de sauvage wrote on 05/18/18 at 21:50:41:
The problem is not a specific one, the problem with these never ending school shootings is simple the gun culture itself. And a general culture fostered by social media to emulate. So the more this happens the more it will happen. However we note that there were armed security people who got shot, so it would seem that more guns are not the answer. Underlying the general gun culture is trump's exploitation of fear, hatred and divisiveness. Not because that's what he wants to achieve per se, it's just that it fulfils his short terms greed and pathological narcissism.

+100!!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 05/20/18 at 18:11:41

So
Engaging the bad guy DIDN'T save lives?
You wear a seatbelt, right?
You understand that wearing a seatbelt doesn't mean you don't ever get hurt, right?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 05/21/18 at 08:08:09

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/20/18 at 18:11:41:
So
You understand that wearing a seatbelt doesn't mean you don't ever get hurt, right?

so, with that understanding then some gun control laws would also be okay with you then, sure they wont' prevent everything but are they better than nothing???

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #23 - 05/21/18 at 08:37:05

Quote:
so, with that understanding then some gun control laws would also be okay with you then, sure they wont' prevent everything but are they better than nothing???

There are already hundreds, if not thousands of "gun control laws". Federal , State and Local.
In fact, with the possible exception of motor vehicles, guns in the US are probably the most heavily regulated consumer products in existence.

In the case of the Church shooter in Texas a while back, some of those laws might have actually prevented that individual from acquiring the gun he used in the shooting had they been implemented.

Implemented by the very government that would presumably be responsible for implementing any NEW ones that advocates of additional laws think might help.

Think that's gonna work?
I don't.

But I have a lot less faith in government's ability to solve, rather than create problems than most folks I guess.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 05/21/18 at 08:50:11

eau de sauvage wrote on 05/18/18 at 21:50:41:

It can't be the gun culture per se. And your shot at Trump is disingenuous since these shootings take place regardless of whose President. Guns have been around for a very, very long time. There's something else going on.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 05/21/18 at 11:02:16

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 05/21/18 at 08:08:09:
So

Tell me your plan.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #26 - 05/21/18 at 13:31:59

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/21/18 at 11:02:16:
FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 05/21/18 at 08:08:09:
So Engaging the bad guy DIDN'T save lives? You wear a seatbelt, right?  You understand that wearing a seatbelt doesn't mean you don't ever get hurt, right?  

Tell me your plan.

Guess you will never know what his 'plan' is now.

Hey, Perhaps someone else, will jump in with a, 'Plan',
which does not include,
  a Bigger Sign ?

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #27 - 05/22/18 at 05:22:02

It would be informative if they would point out which of the victims in the Santa Fe killings were the people who were bullying the shooter.  Then the portrait painted of innocent victims might be more accurate.
Perhaps bullying isn't such a good social activity?

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #28 - 05/22/18 at 06:34:59

Quote:
Tell me your plan.

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but here's my suggestion that I think might help.

It's time for the MSM to STFU about this. Stop making all the gory details their main story day after day, hour after hour, Stop plastering the little as*hole's piture all over the screen. Stop treating him like he was just a victim too, cause he was "bullied" he was a loser, nobody liked him, bla bla bla...

Because I guarantee you that the next little piece of sh*t, who isn't really smart enough to think about doing something like this all by himself, or how to pull it off, is already sitting in his bedroom with the TV on, taking notes, figuring out how to get a hold of his daddys' or grandpa's guns. and drawing maps of HIS school, and making lists etc.

The MSM won't shut up though. Because ratings and clicks on their websites are far more important to them than lives. Never mind the crocodile tears, the close up camera shots of the flickering candle flames at the vigils for the victims, and the heart wrenching interviews with sobbing teen age girls.

This is just more entertainment for the Media, produced according to a template that they have down pat, and for the voyeurs who endlessly watch it, and it feeds the fantasies of the next twisted little fu*k who we will be hearing all about in a month or so. For the next kid, all the stuff on TV and online is nothing more than an instruction manual.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 05/22/18 at 06:47:45

Trippah wrote on 05/22/18 at 05:22:02:
It would be informative if they would point out which of the victims in the Santa Fe killings were the people who were bullying the shooter.  Then the portrait painted of innocent victims might be more accurate.
Perhaps bullying isn't such a good social activity?

I hadn't heard he was bullied. I heard one of the victims was a girl who had turned down his advances.

Again, circling back to Columbine, the story was they were bullied but that wasn't true. The reality was they understood where they fit in the 'pecking order' . They, in fact, bullied kids below them. The high school society played no part in Columbine. Who knows if it did in this case. Might take years to learn all that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 06:06:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Wild wild west...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.