Do you use Amazon? (Read 92 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Do you use Amazon?
05/15/18 at 13:57:04

Living on a island has its limitations, shopping is one of those trade offs.
Shopping on line has its faults as well, as you can’t readily see the real item, so you really need to know what it is you want to buy.
I was wondering how many others might use this service?
The company is huge, however it is in the news today, big time, as the city of Seattle just hammered them with a tax, which in all likelihood will result in passing on the cost to the end users.

As I have shared before, I work at Boeing.... for a few weeks more anyway  Wink
And I believe Amazon will take over a substantial chunk of the Paine Field/Everette facilities, as I believe Boeing will leave this state within the decade.
It will be a perfect place for wharehousing and shipping, as aircraft can be loaded inside, etc. with office space shared as well.

So, the question is, do you use Amazon?

Thanks  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Re: Do you use Amazon?
Reply #1 - 05/15/18 at 14:32:25

For personal and business. Not crazy about the company, but I love the service and convenience.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #2 - 05/15/18 at 16:00:04

Yes, i use Amazon often

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #3 - 05/15/18 at 16:06:27

My son lives in Seattle and the outrageous antics of the taxing authorities are not helpful to the average resident of Washington state. They are concerned only for themselves.

The freeways are an obscenity of ridiculous restrictions. :'(

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 05/15/18 at 17:08:36

norm92de wrote on 05/15/18 at 16:06:27:
My son lives in Seattle and the outrageous antics of the taxing authorities are not helpful to the average resident of Washington state. They are concerned only for themselves.

The freeways are an obscenity of ridiculous restrictions. :'(

They wanted 550 dollars per head employed/hired, but settled for 275 bucks per....
20 million bucks revenue is not that much.
They pre vote input by citizens was amazing, they chastised Starbucks, Amazon, and others about their greediness.

Amazon is reported to be thinking about abandoning a already in construction building now....

So, it looks like folks are using this service.... thanks.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #5 - 05/15/18 at 20:02:52

Apparently they don't treat their staff well ,but as they are automating warehousing, staff may no longer be an issue.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/15/18 at 20:04:53

I live near Seattle, in Gig Harbor, and have Amazon Prime. As it stands, they are one vendor that can seem to always provide exactly what I'm looking for. Free shipping, too. No hassle return policy.

IP Logged
Scotty
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 05/17/18 at 09:32:38

Use it all the time... very few problems

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 05/17/18 at 09:57:27

I hate to promote the growth of the "mega businesses" at the expense of local business - but sometimes it gets pretty frustrating trying to buy local and places like Amazon are the fastest/cheapest way to get something.

I wanted to purchase some Maxima Extra 4t oil.  I looked on Amazon and the price was OK....the shipping seemed a bit high and I really didn't want to wait for days to get it....the weekend is coming up and it might not get delivered until next week.  I got online and found 2 motorcycle shops that had it listed on their webpage.  I drove from KY to Cycle Specialties in Harrison and they didn't have it in the store, so I drove to Western Hills Honda as they had the Maxima on their website and it stated it was "in the warehouse".  When I got to Western Hills Honda they didn't have it either, and it turns out that both Cycle Specialties and Western Hills Honda show products on their website that they will "order" for you....they don't keep them in stock.

So....I ordered it online from Summit Racing.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #9 - 05/22/18 at 06:06:54

I do use Amazon but I'm also unhappy with what that business has become.  In addition to name brands, they sell as much crap than quality anymore.  Most of it low-quality stuff from China.  A lot of third-party sellers on there, too.  There are also "paid" reviewers so you can't trust some of that and the practice is low-life.

I try to support the local businesses when I can.  Prefer to shop at Ace Hardware, Jax Outdoor and Big R Ranch stores but also use Home Depot and Lowes quite a bit too, for similar reasons as Amazon; selection and pricing.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 05/22/18 at 09:25:12

Tocsik wrote on 05/22/18 at 06:06:54:
I do use Amazon but I'm also unhappy with what that business has become.  In addition to name brands, they sell as much crap than quality anymore.  Most of it low-quality stuff from China.  A lot of third-party sellers on there, too.  There are also "paid" reviewers so you can't trust some of that and the practice is low-life.

I try to support the local businesses when I can.  Prefer to shop at Ace Hardware, Jax Outdoor and Big R Ranch stores but also use Home Depot and Lowes quite a bit too, for similar reasons as Amazon; selection and pricing.

Your post made me think, yes, a oddity for me  Embarrassed
As I kid, I am 65 presently, where I grew up you had local economies, businesses owned by local folk, who had a very real stake in the welfare of all its neighbors, which were customers too....
It made an enviroment that promoted relationships, it shaped folks trust and character, and provided opportunities to many.
It was a very vibrant, and necessary component to a general healthiness of society as a whole.....
I think we have surrendered that, and sadly, it was because of the dollar....
Cheaper being the greatest factor to consider.
We have forgotten the priceless commodity of the human factor, in this equation.
The "bottom line" is the deciding factor, and the goal.
I wonder, if the "bottom line" is a root cause that is producing a "bottom rung" society?

Sorry if I went too deep...... just an old man thinking aloud  Embarrassed  

IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #11 - 05/22/18 at 16:37:22

I remember how it was growing up. Local was everything, we knew everybody on a first name basis. Very much a community, sadly now gone forever.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:28:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Do you use Amazon?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.