Photo fun with the S40 (Read 80 times)
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Photo fun with the S40
05/14/18 at 19:19:05

I had a little 'difference of opinion' with my push mower yesterday while working - ended up at the medical clinic. And so I find myself with a forced day off. It's a blustery autumn day outside, I have an open fire going, and am enjoying the calming effect of some significant pain killers.

That's given me some time to have some creative fun with some photos a friend and I took on a ride in the Gippsland hills on Sunday. I had just fitted some new ZED bars, and my mate was so keen to go for a ride. It was a beautiful, fresh, crisp Autumn day - perfect conditions. He hung a camera around his neck and off we went. It turned into one of those magical riding days that lift your spirits from the boots up!

So, for anyone interested in such things, here are some examples of what we did/got.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Re: Photo fun with the S40
Reply #1 - 05/14/18 at 19:22:02

My mate also shot some video footage from the camera around his neck. He's behind me on a HD Sporster. He's standing on the pegs. We were only doing about 40-50 km's an hour. I exaggerated the lean, and hip movement on the corners for 'artistic effect'. He has sped the video up to take it from about 4 minutes down to 1.

https://youtu.be/XLtVlYKk9nQ

The music is "F#@k Things Up" by Honey Bones

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #2 - 05/14/18 at 19:27:28

BTW, the car that comes the other way in the video, had two wheels across the centreline as he passed us! ... but we were having so much fun we just let it slide  Cool

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 05/14/18 at 22:27:47

IslandRoad wrote on 05/14/18 at 19:27:28:
BTW, the car that comes the other way in the video, had two wheels across the centreline as he passed us! ... but we were having so much fun we just let it slide  Cool

A 'difference of opinion' with oncoming traffic is best avoided

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #4 - 05/15/18 at 00:07:11

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/14/18 at 22:27:47:
IslandRoad wrote on 05/14/18 at 19:27:28:

A 'difference of opinion' with oncoming traffic is best avoided

Advice for the ages Wink

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 05/15/18 at 08:41:59

Nice pics,... looks looks a beautiful place to ride...  Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #6 - 05/15/18 at 12:38:56

Serowbot wrote on 05/15/18 at 08:41:59:
Nice pics,... looks looks a beautiful place to ride...  Cool

It really is beautiful. the roads are pretty good too. The surface reasonable and most of the bends have a lovely sweep - with the occasional bend that tightens up. It's easy to get tempted to open the bike up, but best to just keep it nice and calm.

In fact, I was surprised how nice it was just cruising at the speed we were for the video!

IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #7 - 05/16/18 at 18:54:10

I thought you'd be killed in the first 10 seconds of that video riding down the wrong side of the friggin' road like that !!

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #8 - 05/16/18 at 23:29:51

Papa Bear wrote on 05/16/18 at 18:54:10:
I thought you'd be killed in the first 10 seconds of that video riding down the wrong side of the friggin' road like that !!

Grin Grin Grin Grin We use metric here too!  Wink

IP Logged
Scotty
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 05/17/18 at 09:19:31

Cool pics!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home