ZED Bars (Read 35 times)
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
ZED Bars
05/14/18 at 19:01:49

I've been experimenting with seat height, foot peg location, and handlebars over the last few months - trying to get the ride just right, while taking account of a dodgey lower back, numb tailbone, and a dodgey shoulder (and trying to account for a little bit of style too!).

I believe I have finally found the right combination.

My seat is a modified stock seat - I moved the rectifyer, cut the bumps out of the pan, and lowered, lengthened, and reshaped the stock foam.

The pegs are back in stock position (I tried them 4" forward).

The final piece was the handlebars. I was running Triumph Superbars which were very good, and I loved the look! But my arms were just a little too outstretched, and I had to lean a little too far forward. So I switched to ZED bars, with a 6" rise, by Zodiac.

I took the bike for a couple of hours ride through the hills, and it was just terrific! In fact it was amazing!!

As for the look? Well! it wasn't what I was going for, but I really like it. That was a nice surprise  Grin Grin

... and here's the ride - just chillin' with a mate on the open road  Cool

« Last Edit: 05/15/18 at 02:18:39 by IslandRoad »  

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Scotty
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: ZED Bars
Reply #1 - 05/17/18 at 09:34:51

Looks killer man!

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Re: ZED Bars
Reply #2 - 05/17/18 at 19:28:00

Scotty wrote on 05/17/18 at 09:34:51:
Looks killer man!

Thanks man!   Smiley

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:10:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › ZED Bars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.