Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HELP!! Push starting advice (Read 57 times)
RayRay3866
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

HELP!! Push starting advice
05/14/18 at 15:44:21

so, my starter gear cracked off in the case a while back... been push starting it ever since. I decided to give the bike a make over and turn it into a bobber... its sat unstarted for over a year during the build process. I got everything plugged back in, fully charged battery and my biggest worry came true.... it wont start.  Has fresh gas in the tank. I was worried that sitting so long it would be a real pain in the butt to start.... and it has been.  Should i mess with cleaning the carb first? Cleaning spark plug? Shoot some starting fluid in the carb and give her a push?  Anyone else have this happen?

IP Logged
George Palickar
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near Scranton, Pennsylvania
Re: HELP!! Push starting advice
Reply #1 - 05/14/18 at 17:12:06

Does it have the stock petcock?  Mine was causing me one grief.

2008 S40
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 05/14/18 at 19:02:03

If you left fuel in the tank and carb.....most likely the carb will need to be cleaned.  The pilot jet has a very small hole that can clog easily....and the starter circuit (choke) gets the fuel from that jet.

The float could also be stuck.......and possibly the petcock.  Did you turn the petcock to prime? Does your float bowl have a drain screw where you can check to see if you are getting any fuel into the float bowl?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 05/14/18 at 22:27:31

If your starting gears need repair ,and the bike is having a makeover, don't you think ,seeing the bike only has electric start, that you should fix that problem also? It would make your life much easier.What do you mean a starter gear cracked off? which gear ? Is it still inside the case? Need more info.                                          

« Last Edit: 05/15/18 at 10:36:08 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 04:39:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › HELP!! Push starting advice

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.