Summer plans.....? (Read 96 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Summer plans.....?
05/08/18 at 10:06:17

Lets share about those great vacations.....

Who is doing what?

Mom rented a very nice home up in the mountains of Oregon, on some lake...
I know its close to Crater lake, and I think Diamond Lake, for a week.
All the kids, grand kids, are meeting us there.
Will be a fun time boating, hiking, water fun, etc....
And hopefully just a bunch o' chilling time around the campfire while the kids sample local brews.

Got a trip to Idaho later, fall, with a old buddy of mine who runs a fishing guide/lodge service, on a lake.....
Man, this guy pulls some BIG fish from that lake.

Then lots of crabbing locally off the boat here on the island.
I can already taste those dungeness crab, the season open the first week  of July.....

Ok guys, share your summer plans  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Summer plans.....?
Reply #1 - 05/08/18 at 10:54:48

Going to the Texas Hill Country next week. Meeting up with a bunch of other misfits. Will be doing a lot of motorcycle riding, eating and BS'ing.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #2 - 05/08/18 at 11:28:42

I'm coming up on my 65th birthday in August and have decided to turn sh!t around in my life. That includes riding more, getting the boat out, fishing, getting to the range and loosing some weight. Don't know how much I will get done but writing it down is a start.  

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 05/08/18 at 11:41:51

The wife and I are going to Saba for a dive trip.....we have been planning on this trip for nearly 10 years!

If you look close at the bottom of the island...you can see the airport. Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 05/08/18 at 11:43:44

Ed L. wrote on 05/08/18 at 11:28:42:
I'm coming up on my 65th birthday in August and have decided to turn sh!t around in my life. That includes riding more, getting the boat out, fishing, getting to the range and loosing some weight. Don't know how much I will get done but writing it down is a start.  

I like that Ed....
Just turned 65 in January, we are in the same boat.
I am going to enjoy every day, screw all the uh, er, news  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 05/08/18 at 11:45:17

Dave that looks awesome, enjoy it!

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #6 - 05/08/18 at 11:53:47

Dave, Looks like a great trip, enjoy.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 05/08/18 at 12:09:51

Ed L. wrote on 05/08/18 at 11:28:42:

Well.....we got a group ride in Suches (north Georgia) at the end of June, and a trip in planning for the Waynesville, NC area later in June.

We plan on doing a lot of riding during those days! Smiley

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #8 - 05/08/18 at 14:01:15

I am only 60, but at 65 or thereabouts I think I intend to do as you guys are doing. Enjoy.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #9 - 05/08/18 at 14:25:57

Dave,
I used to be a dive fanatic but not so much in El Paso. A bit of lake diving but that dried up along with the lake. :'(

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #10 - 05/08/18 at 16:23:37

Dave,
I hope you will take lots of pictures to send. Especially underwater. Smiley

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #11 - 05/10/18 at 15:15:00

Turning it around starts at home, just spent the last two days cutting back the hedge around the screen and power washing the deck. Man I could use a ride. Got a cold beer instead. Cheesy

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #12 - 05/10/18 at 17:02:04

Texas ride, then try to resurrect an ‘75 C20 truck that was my dads for the summer, then in the fall .......maybe the Dakota trip but not sure yet.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #13 - 05/10/18 at 20:33:22

We've got a plan to go see the Ark in Northern Kentucky with at least one other couple.
Our CMAUSA group is going to Mammoth Cave as a group motorcycle ride (one day there one day back).   One of the guys is bring his VW trike that has to stop every 60 miles for fuel , so it may be an all-day ride even though its not very far !   Grin
I want to go to Suches Ga. and a couple Dragon runs .

The BIG RIDE , in August ... we still don't have a week set yet .    I'm thinking during Surgis might not be so bad after thinking on it a bit .... there will be no shortage of things to see and do that week.  Huh
Versey has a plan already but I don't know the details and I'm good with what ever it is .  
If need be,  I wonder if there will be a campground where the CMA group will gather ???    It could make the Logistics simpler .  Or NOT ???  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 05/10/18 at 21:43:52

MMRanch wrote on 05/10/18 at 20:33:22:
We've got a plan to go see the Ark in Northern Kentucky with at least one other couple.
Our CMAUSA group is going to Mammoth Cave as a group motorcycle ride (one day there one day back).   One of the guys is bring his VW trike that has to stop every 60 miles for fuel , so it may be an all-day ride even though its not very far !   Grin
I want to go to Suches Ga. and a couple Dragon runs .

The BIG RIDE , in August ... we still don't have a week set yet .    I'm thinking during Surgis might not be so bad after thinking on it a bit .... there will be no shortage of things to see and do that week.  Huh
Versey has a plan already but I don't know the details and I'm good with what ever it is .  
If need be,  I wonder if there will be a campground where the CMA group will gather ???    It could make the Logistics simpler .  Or NOT ???  Huh

Oh stop it......

Well, maybe.
Not this year, perhaps.

I could get a ramp, load my truck with the beast.
Ya know, like a final ride before I hang up my spurs 🤔

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:23:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Summer plans.....?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.